• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
I always have and always will feel that the OTs I create are safe havens for people that enjoy botting (hence 8.6 version). I think the main reason is that I personally enjoy the challenge of creating complex scripts to make my character do interesting stuff. The more custom/complex a server, the more interesting it is to make scripts for it. With that said, I know that there are a lot of people who enjoy actually playing tibia for what it is and I have always agreed that playing manually should have benefits, hence the reason why so many things were put into dzot in an attempt to promote that.

I could easily block all normal clients so that only OTC is usable and the server would have absolutely no botting for the foreseeable future. This however would alienate the group of players that don't have much time and really enjoy using that bot for a bit of progression while at work or w.e.
Tibia already has one of the best anti-bot systems to have ever existed (stamina). But on deathzot, experience is not the only form of progression, equipment is a huge factor as well. The problem with this is that gear can be traded and so MCing becomes a huge issue (hence the idea for ironman originally).

I think the best solution (though not the perfect solution) is to continue with the idea that manual play is more rewarding. By giving OTC users 5x loot/exp, it will offset the advantage of using bots. This helps to fix 2 major issues.
1. Playing manually is far more rewarding than ever before.
2. Players have a huge issue getting to level 50k for 2nd rebirth.

While there are plenty of methods to abuse this system, it is no worse than manual players getting 1x loot/exp as it is currently.
For example, if currently everyone is at 1x rate, then a player only needs to (in theory) manually play 1 character and bot 1 more to get double the progression of someone just manually playing. With the OTC bonus, they would have to manually play 1 on OTC and bot 5 others to get the same double progression. This might not seem like a big deal to most people (like Jarx who insists on trashing any idea as if hes the only person who has ever considered massively MCing bots in an MMO) but we are also forced to implement a MC limit in order to comply with OTServList rules. This means that players who wish to bot large amounts of characters will need to jump through some extra hoops which could be end up being annoying to deal with. Along with some extra things that I have to do in order to make this idea work, and the extra stuff we already added to dzot in the past, I would imagine that only the most dedicated players would even bother with MCs, and my guess is that people would only bot while they are at work/sleep if stamina allows. This I think is a good compromise for everyone, not perfect, but better than nothing and certainly better than ironman as trading has always been a staple in dzot.

Hopefully this will make everyone a bit more happy to play Deathzot, the alternative is to just turn it off because I'm tired of working on tibia. This is just a quick and easy change that may allow people to enjoy the server for a bit longer, my main focus is development of a project that could eventually evolve into it's own game that can be released on steam.

For those of you that aren't in the know, you can follow the project here:
Project X? Maybe... (10.++ XDC) (https://otland.net/threads/project-x-maybe-10-xdc.236319/)
It started as just another OT, but recent events have changed the projects trajectory. The main post is outdated so you will need to skip to the end of the discussion to see the progress, I will find time to update the main post eventually.... maybe....

If it's a manual server, then there needs to be a big boost to loot and exp in my opinion. Manual play is cool but grinding this server would be absolute aids with the uber & exp rate.

@Synthetic_ @Xagul Do you have any ETA on the reset?
Edit: I would love the possibility to play on the OTC.
This would only benefit you more from manual playing which I'm all for, while still giving you the ability to bot if you'd like to.
As you said: "it is no worse than manual players getting 1x loot/exp as it is currently."

I sure hope you're not implying i'm complaining that i can't compete with botters while being manual 😶
Or other way around either for that matter
Oh no no.
I just mean that if botters in general, complains that they are not as effective as manual they have actually nothing to complain about.
As you have not put in any time for your playtime anyway.
I don't mean that YOU are complaining.
Just that you said that no matter what you did, one side will be upset.
But 1 side puts in time and the other does not is my point.
I'm extremely biased that botting should not give great results.
I'm one of the "complainers" if you put it that way.
I see it as critique and just a dude who wishes to balance things out.
Which Xagul seems to have done with the OTC idea!

Last edited:
I think the best solution (though not the perfect solution) is to continue with the idea that manual play is more rewarding. By giving OTC users 5x loot/exp, it will offset the advantage of using bots. This helps to fix 2 major issues.
5x xp and loot is massive, not much point mcing anything, even with just 5x loot it would be irrelevant anyway, theyd lvl so slow that the time you lose from opening chests or killing ubers or taking orbs on them would be time better spent on main, so good change to revitalize it

Oh no no.
I just mean that if botters in general, complains that they are not as effective as manual they have actually nothing to complain about.
As you have not put in any time for your playtime anyway.
I don't mean that YOU are complaining.
Just that you said that no matter what you did, one side will be upset.
But 1 side puts in time and the other does not is my point.
I'm extremely biased that botting should not give great results.
I'm one of the "complainers" if you put it that way.
I see it as critique and just a dudes wish to balance things out.

Okay we're good ;)
I didn't mean it in a way that botters will complain they can't compete, but rather that they just won't "play" as there will be people who might not have enough time to play manually.
Even thought I myself won't bot, I still like to consider all perspectives, not just what I want.

If it's a manual server, then there needs to be a big boost to loot and exp in my opinion. Manual play is cool but grinding this server would be absolute aids with the uber & exp rate.
Read his post man.
OTC and Regular Client.
Regular client = You can bot
OTC = Manual play with 5x all.

I always have and always will feel that the OTs I create are safe havens for people that enjoy botting (hence 8.6 version). I think the main reason is that I personally enjoy the challenge of creating complex scripts to make my character do interesting stuff. The more custom/complex a server, the more interesting it is to make scripts for it. With that said, I know that there are a lot of people who enjoy actually playing tibia for what it is and I have always agreed that playing manually should have benefits, hence the reason why so many things were put into dzot in an attempt to promote that.

I could easily block all normal clients so that only OTC is usable and the server would have absolutely no botting for the foreseeable future. This however would alienate the group of players that don't have much time and really enjoy using that bot for a bit of progression while at work or w.e.
Tibia already has one of the best anti-bot systems to have ever existed (stamina). But on deathzot, experience is not the only form of progression, equipment is a huge factor as well. The problem with this is that gear can be traded and so MCing becomes a huge issue (hence the idea for ironman originally).

While there are plenty of methods to abuse this system, it is no worse than manual players getting 1x loot/exp as it is currently.
For example, if currently everyone is at 1x rate, then a player only needs to (in theory) manually play 1 character and bot 1 more to get double the progression of someone just manually playing. With the OTC bonus, they would have to manually play 1 on OTC and bot 5 others to get the same double progression. This might not seem like a big deal to most people (like Jarx who insists on trashing any idea as if hes the only person who has ever considered massively MCing bots in an MMO) but we are also forced to implement a MC limit in order to comply with OTServList rules. This means that players who wish to bot large amounts of characters will need to jump through some extra hoops which could be end up being annoying to deal with. Along with some extra things that I have to do in order to make this idea work, and the extra stuff we already added to dzot in the past, I would imagine that only the most dedicated players would even bother with MCs, and my guess is that people would only bot while they are at work/sleep if stamina allows. This I think is a good compromise for everyone, not perfect, but better than nothing and certainly better than ironman as trading has always been a staple in dzot.

Hopefully this will make everyone a bit more happy to play Deathzot, the alternative is to just turn it off because I'm tired of working on tibia. This is just a quick and easy change that may allow people to enjoy the server for a bit longer, my main focus is development of a project that could eventually evolve into it's own game that can be released on steam.

For those of you that aren't in the know, you can follow the project here:
Project X? Maybe... (10.++ XDC) (https://otland.net/threads/project-x-maybe-10-xdc.236319/)
It started as just another OT, but recent events have changed the projects trajectory. The main post is outdated so you will need to skip to the end of the discussion to see the progress, I will find time to update the main post eventually.... maybe....

Great this might actually work since non botters will actually feel like they’re progressing fast enough to even care that others are botting. Gl on the project will definitely support it when it comes out!

The only issue i could see would be that the orb ticks too slow for 5x loot, or just in general in my opinion. Especially If you're not premium to make them tick faster, which at the start most of us probably will not be premium. I'm excited to play either way though!

ALRIGHT so the only thing i would have wanted the bot for is for warriors whirlwind script so ima be sad not being able to use that on the otc

ALRIGHT so the only thing i would have wanted the bot for is for warriors whirlwind script so ima be sad not being able to use that on the otc
If I remember correctly, after the change to the rate that you can perform actions... I thought the whirlwind script crashes the client

You can make it work, but it isn't nearly as good with the changes. That being said I'm sure manual would be just fine with it o.o

Back