• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
One Huge ass problem with this..... The barbarians which are already pretty far ahead.... Will be even farther ahead with their weapons because of this, when you got archers and mages who only have roughly 1/3rd the amount of weapons for their voc when you even said it yourself that there are 3x as many melee weapons than wands and bows.

In other words, you want a NPC or Script to change all melee into 1 type (sword/axe/club)...

or

Flat just talked about how this shit cannot work because then there will immediately be some t9 weapons out there due to the mass amount of available weapons people have and being able to merge them all instantly.

There is literally no good option at the moment other then deleting all maces and swords for example and leaving only axes in the game, so monster only drop an axe, bow, dagger, or wand as weapons.

The only problem Shawn is having with that is, he doesn't want to waste the sprites for all those weapons.

I personally think it's too late to fix this issue and say fuck it yolo

@Flatlander

I just finished discussing this issue with Synthetic and we have come to the conclusion that the melee weapons don't need to be removed, but rather some other weapons need a higher chance to drop.

To elaborate on this idea, we don't need to add 3 of each weapon, in fact all we really need to add is 1 more staff and 1 more dagger, and the reason is currently there is twice the amount of staff users to bow users, and almost just as many melee users (both melee and daggers) as every other user in the entire game. Notice we are talking about users (players) here not vocations.

Barbarian and Ninja make up the majority, and there is already 3 types of melee weapons so we don't need to add anything there, but we should at least add 1 more dagger to the list because the number of ninjas currently is just as high as both ranged vocations put together, but they also require twice the number of weapons since they can dual wield.

After the update, there will be a new vocation that will generally use melee weapons (the Tactician) While it can use bows or daggers, I think most people will generally go with the standard sword and board unless they are brave and want to sacrifice the defense for dual daggers. This vocation is meant to be a jack of all trades however so it will be hard to determine just how many Tacticians will be using which weapons.

We also have 3 more vocations planned out for future updates, 2 of which are melee oriented.

I feel like you should of just made it vocation oriented. If Daggers are only for ninjas and Wands are only for mages, just make it clubs are only for zealots, swords are only for knights and axes are only for barbs. You`ll see everyone trade their shit instantly. People are just complaining right now about having an overflowing amount of weapons that we can't fucking do anything with and no one wants to trade for that shit.

Now you add one more dagger and one more staff making it easier to get those items and now thats another reason people wont trade for these weapons.

Well the real problem is that people loot weapons they don't need and refuse to trade them with the npcs or simply cannot trade with npcs because they make their bots auto merge everything up to t6 and as a result no new players can afford the trade anyway because they are only able to buy a few t3 at a time and everyone is selling t6. From a looting perspective, the chance to get the weapon you need personally is exactly the same for everyone except ninjas. No single character on the server is using a sword AND club AND axe so when looting a weapon they still have a 1/6 chance to get the exact weapon they need no matter what twist someone tries to add to this debate. The only thing affected by this is trading, which is why my logic is based on the actual amount of characters per vocation which is only going to favor melee more and more in the future because the next 3 vocs that are added are all melee oriented. To keep it simple, melee is more popular than other roles already, and we are planning to add a few more melee roles which will increase the amount of melee weapons needed in the server as well.

I go to that NPC, I trade daggers/clubs/wands/axes and the works. Why because I trade them for armor set pieces because no one wants to trade their precious little legs for my awesome ass weapons. So fuck them. But that NPC is breaking me. I could have probably 70 perks by now if I stop spending millions at that NPC lol

One Huge ass problem with this..... The barbarians which are already pretty far ahead.... Will be even farther ahead with their weapons because of this, when you got archers and mages who only have roughly 1/3rd the amount of weapons for their voc when you even said it yourself that there are 3x as many melee weapons than wands and bows.
a barbarian in a t10 club will still hit less than a distance or wand user in t7 with a few perks in damage, because 1000 perks in damage will not do anything at all to your damage as a barbarian. no OP in this at all.

And xaguls just refusing to accept that its still bullshit to fucking have 3 of the same weapon.

I go to that NPC, I trade daggers/clubs/wands/axes and the works. Why because I trade them for armor set pieces because no one wants to trade their precious little legs for my awesome ass weapons. So fuck them. But that NPC is breaking me. I could have probably 70 perks by now if I stop spending millions at that NPC lol
Maybe, but rather than spend 100k on your next perk like some of these higher levels are doing you are instead gaining 200 more t1 items towards what you personally need for legs or w.e piece you need. I just talked to a guy the other day that saved up 900k in about 2 days for a really big ass house and it was really cool to see that, but you know what he could have done instead? He could have traded 1800 t1s that he doesn't need for ones that he does need. That's nearly a T8 item...

Maybe, but rather than spend 100k on your next perk like some of these higher levels are doing you are instead gaining 200 more t1 items towards what you personally need for legs or w.e piece you need. I just talked to a guy the other day that saved up 900k in about 2 days for a really big ass house and it was really cool to see that, but you know what he could have done instead? He could have traded 1800 t1s that he doesn't need for ones that he does need. That's nearly a T8 item...

Yeah, sitting at 40 perks, and currently 1 t7 of each armor piece for full t8 set,,and got about 10-13 BPs of t2 weapons to trade to the NPC when I get cash up again. Hopefully will have legs/helm/shield out of thats

a barbarian in a t10 club will still hit less than a distance or wand user in t7 with a few perks in damage, because 1000 perks in damage will not do anything at all to your damage as a barbarian. no OP in this at all.

And xaguls just refusing to accept that its still bullshit to fucking have 3 of the same weapon.

Yea, the barb and perk thing sucks...but rebirth is coming, then i can drop all my points in damage depending on new voc chosen.

@Flatlander

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We also have 3 more vocations planned out for future updates, 2 of which are melee oriented.

Is it just me who thinks that distance users are kinda fucked? Why not add something different? We alrdy got zealot, warrior, ninja, barb, do we rlly need 2 more melee classes?

It seems like we have nothing good to rebirth into and by the looks of it, archer and hunter are a waste of time to play.

Every magic voc seems to add something good to another if rebirthed, same with melee.. Distance on the other hand? A pet/headshot? meh, guess ill switch while its still time

@Xagul Rebirth vs EXP Rate, i saw an earlier post saying Candies, Candy Canes, and Exp bonus rate will not effect rebirth characters... Candies and Canes are fully understandable and i fully support. but exp rate? it may take a rebirth player weeks longer than it even took the first time to get back to 10k after rebirthing due to massive spawn crowding, and possibly the bonus of being at server top, and getting 0.84x exp rate. i respectfully ask that we still get the same bonus ALL other players get for catching back up to what we once where.

@Xagul Rebirth vs EXP Rate, i saw an earlier post saying Candies, Candy Canes, and Exp bonus rate will not effect rebirth characters... Candies and Canes are fully understandable and i fully support. but exp rate? it may take a rebirth player weeks longer than it even took the first time to get back to 10k after rebirthing due to massive spawn crowding, and possibly the bonus of being at server top, and getting 0.84x exp rate. i respectfully ask that we still get the same bonus ALL other players get for catching back up to what we once where.
You leveling from 1-10000 with no bonus after rebirth will not take any longer than the first person to 10k pre-rebirth when enigma/edrona had 200+ players trying to compete for spawns... Also we have a few other things being added to help with this, however not only do you lack the exp handicap after rebirth, you also get a penalty to experience rate as well. On the bright side with all your crazy gear and new vocation synergy you will still blow through all the early shit as if it doesn't even exist most likely.

You leveling from 1-10000 with no bonus after rebirth will not take any longer than the first person to 10k pre-rebirth when enigma/edrona had 200+ players trying to compete for spawns... Also we have a few other things being added to help with this, however not only do you lack the exp handicap after rebirth, you also get a penalty to experience rate as well. On the bright side with all your crazy gear and new vocation synergy you will still blow through all the early shit as if it doesn't even exist most likely.
your clearly not understanding, there will be no blowing by everything when you only get to kill a couple mobs a minute due to 23489237429834 people being at every single zone. and at Negative exp rate... NEGATIVE, its going to be horrid. The reason most of the first 10ks where able to get so high, is because they where front of the pack and didnt have to deal with the massive craziness thats going on in spawns now... its completely different now.

is it possible to do refund from purchasing points? i donated 15$ and is just isnt my type of server :\ i got a fishing rod and i traded some of the tokens for some euip & weapons, i understand doing this will lead to me being banned, i just wanna know if its possible to get my money back?

is it possible to do refund from purchasing points? i donated 15$ and is just isnt my type of server :\ i got a fishing rod and i traded some of the tokens for some euip & weapons, i understand doing this will lead to me being banned, i just wanna know if its possible to get my money back?
You accepted the terms & conditions when donating; you see it as a donation yourself; if you care about that money you should have thought about it before speding it; it is just disrespectful.

your clearly not understanding, there will be no blowing by everything when you only get to kill a couple mobs a minute due to 23489237429834 people being at every single zone. and at Negative exp rate... NEGATIVE, its going to be horrid. The reason most of the first 10ks where able to get so high, is because they where front of the pack and didnt have to deal with the massive craziness thats going on in spawns now... its completely different now.
Looks like it will be tim eto start killing off the new comers for the spawns lol.

The reduced exp rate will suck, but I leveled pretty much all the time without using wisdom gems or perks, but this time around I will have all of that in abundance so I think it might be pretty much the same...dunno guess we will see. Depends on just how harsh the penalties will be.

I feel like you should of just made it vocation oriented. If Daggers are only for ninjas and Wands are only for mages, just make it clubs are only for zealots, swords are only for knights and axes are only for barbs. .
@Xagul
This is probably the best idea so far. The only problem with this I see is if there's a Zealot out there that has a t5 sword or something. Maybe, for a few days, add an NPC or command that will change it based on your voc. Like if you are a Zealot, it will ONLY change stuff to Clubs.

Back