• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
Suggestion: Make weapons loot-able from bosses or in general a bit more rare? The amount of weapons that I got and since everyone is OD on weapons, its near impossible to merchandise them, please just make them a bit more rare?

Suggestion: Make weapons loot-able from bosses or in general a bit more rare? The amount of weapons that I got and since everyone is OD on weapons, its near impossible to merchandise them, please just make them a bit more rare?

This is so true.
EVERYONE needs helmet, armor, legs, boots, ring, and shield (except Ninja). But only certain vocations need Wand, Distance, Daggers, or Melee.

There needs to be a overhaul of the loot-chances for different EQ.

I also think that Clubs and Axes should be removed. There is no reason to have 3 different identical melee weapons.

This is so true.
EVERYONE needs helmet, armor, legs, boots, ring, and shield (except Ninja). But only certain vocations need Wand, Distance, Daggers, or Melee.

There needs to be a overhaul of the loot-chances for different EQ.

I also think that Clubs and Axes should be removed. There is no reason to have 3 different identical melee weapons.

Then how would the club/axe users get things they lost? Maybe instead of removing them, maybe changing each one to a different stat, or add certain perks to each weapon so it pays off to use it? Idk but I'm a club user myself and I dont want to see my t8 club just vanish

Then how would the club/axe users get things they lost? Maybe instead of removing them, maybe changing each one to a different stat, or add certain perks to each weapon so it pays off to use it? Idk but I'm a club user myself and I dont want to see my t8 club just vanish

That isn't the problem.
First of all, It would be easy to go into the SQL, and change all Axes and Clubs of each tier to Swords instead.

Also it would be just as simple to change all skills gained for clubs/axes to swords.

Here is the problem:
Currently the loot you can get from an orb is as follows:
Candy, Candy Canes, 9 types of ammo, 5 types of gem, 6 Equipment items, 6 Weapon Types.
Adding those together is 28 different objects.
Now, everyone can use Candy, Candy Canes, Ammo, Gems, and Equipment Items. But only certain vocations use weapons.

So lets look at weapons only: Wands, Daggers, Distance, Axe, Club, Sword. 6 weapons total.
Wand Users: Shade, Illusionist, Priest, Elementalist, Zealot(Hybrid)
Dagger Users: Ninja
Distance Users: Hunter, Archer
Melee Users: Warrior, Barbarian, Zealot(Hybrid)

So you have a 1 in 6 chance to get a wand, and 4 Classes require this weapon.
But 3 out of 6 of the weapons are Melee (axe, club, sword) but only 2 Classes require these weapons.

Lets say you loot 1 of each weapon.

This means you will have 1 wand to trade, and 3 melee weapons to trade.
Why should 50% of the weapons on the server be for 20% of the classes?

Theres not a single difference between Axe, Club, Sword. So why have all 3. Just delete all the clubs and swords, keep the axes. I dont know whos genius idea was it to make 3 different exact same weapons for the melee users.

Lol it takes a couple minutes in the data base. He can easily just delete all the axes and clubs and replace them with swords. So if you had a t8 club, it would be a t8 sword.

Achievement Unlocked: T8 Bow
aHrJU2X.png

:DDDDDDDDD

I also think that Clubs and Axes should be removed.
Just delete all the clubs and swords, keep the axes.

If you read carefully you will see the clear reasoning behind having all 3. Simply put, different people have different weapon preferences. As you can see from these 2 posts, Flatlander favors swords while AddictedGamer favors axes. To make all players happy, all 3 weapon types were put into the game with no difference between them aside from the look.

Yes something could be done to even out loot distribution as having 3 types of melee weapons does dilute the looting pool but atm there are more important things that need to be done on the server (such as more content).

If you read carefully you will see the clear reasoning behind having all 3. Simply put, different people have different weapon preferences. As you can see from these 2 posts, Flatlander favors swords while AddictedGamer favors axes. To make all players happy, all 3 weapon types were put into the game with no difference between them aside from the look.

Yes something could be done to even out loot distribution as having 3 types of melee weapons does dilute the looting pool but atm there are more important things that need to be done on the server (such as more content).

Okay, people have preferences when there are choices available but.. if you just eliminate the choices, i could care fucking less between if i have to use an axe, or only a club or only a sword.

Just pick one of those 3, and delete the rest. No one is going to be like "omg I quit because my t8 club is now a t8 axe". No one really gives a fuck about the weapon preferences, we just think it's silly to have 3 identical weapons and they should be gone.

So people have different weapon SKIN preferences.
Easy solution: Drop ONE melee weapon you can switch between club/axe/sword on right click and everyone is happy

So people have different weapon SKIN preferences.
Easy solution: Drop ONE melee weapon you can switch between club/axe/sword on right click and everyone is happy

He already has an action set for all tier items. (The action to use an item each hour to get a random prize)

Your suggestion would work, but in all honesty there is absolutely no reason to have multiple melee weapons, you can argue cosmetics and preferences, but the negatives outweigh the positives.

there is absolutely no reason to have multiple melee weapons, you can argue cosmetics and preferences, but the negatives outweigh the positives.
There are no negatives to having more choices aside from the current issue being that 50% of the weapons looted are the same, simple solution, add more bows, daggers, and staves to the loot table. I am not going to remove 66% of the weapons from the game and just have all those extra weapon sprites unused just because you guys don't care about what your weapon looks like... Some people do like to use a specific type of weapon, and there are better solutions to fix this problem than just taking the simple lazy ass route of removing them.

I do like Nabsters idea of dropping 1 melee weapon and allowing a player to switch its type, obviously it cant be by clicking the item since that is already taken but it could be as simple as an anvil that you just drop the weapon onto and it switches its type.

He already has an action set for all tier items. (The action to use an item each hour to get a random prize)

Your suggestion would work, but in all honesty there is absolutely no reason to have multiple melee weapons, you can argue cosmetics and preferences, but the negatives outweigh the positives.
at the speed solid content is pushed out, and the speed people progress to push to the top, there will never be enough time for him to "have time to do it" so dont count on it anytime soon, i complained long before release about 3 melee weapons.

There are no negatives to having more choices aside from the current issue being that 50% of the weapons looted are the same, simple solution, add more bows, daggers, and staves to the loot table. I am not going to remove 66% of the weapons from the game and just have all those extra weapon sprites unused just because you guys don't care about what your weapon looks like... Some people do like to use a specific type of weapon, and there are better solutions to fix this problem than just taking the simple lazy ass route of removing them.

I do like Nabsters idea of dropping 1 melee weapon and allowing a player to switch its type, obviously it cant be by clicking the item since that is already taken but it could be as simple as an anvil that you just drop the weapon onto and it switches its type.

Lets say for a moment you added 3 bows, 3 daggers, 3 wands, to equal the 3 melee weapons.

Now lets say you looted 1 of each of these: (you'd now have 3 bows, 3 daggers, 3 wands, 1 sword, 1 axe, 1 club)
Well, now that is a huge negative to anyone using sword-axe-club. because the chance of looting a sword is not 1 in 12 instead of 1 in 6.

Therefor your "simple solution" is not a solution. As long as there are 3 different melee weapons that cannot be switched between, or combined with each other, it will be impossible (yes impossible, there is no way around it) for it to be fair and balanced. And that is an undeniable fact. (Actually it will never be fair and balanced due to the vocations and amount of players playing each vocation, but right now it is very broken and can at least be fixed a little bit)

Also, another problem. If and when you switch all melee weapons to 1 type. (No matter how you do it, switching between them with an anvil, changing everything to swords, or even just making it so when you use a runic smasher to upgrade an item it will use clubs/axes/swords together) there will now instantly be a bunch of T9 weapons on the server, since there is literally 3x more melee weapons than any other weapon due to the original problem.

By the way, I know Xagulz is completely overworked, and should be cut some slack. But i'm an asshole and like arguing when I know i'm right.

Last edited:
Lets say for a moment you added 3 bows, 3 daggers, 3 wands, to equal the 3 melee weapons.

Now lets say you looted 1 of each of these: (you'd now have 3 bows, 3 daggers, 3 wands, 1 sword, 1 axe, 1 club)
Well, now that is a huge negative to anyone using sword-axe-club. because the chance of looting a sword is not 1 in 12 instead of 1 in 6.

Therefor your "simple solution" is not a solution. As long as there are 3 different melee weapons that cannot be switched between, or combined with each other, it will be impossible (yes impossible, there is no way around it) for it to be fair and balanced. And that is an undeniable fact. (Actually it will never be fair and balanced due to the vocations and amount of players playing each vocation, but right now it is very broken and can at least be fixed a little bit)

Also, another problem. If and when you switch all melee weapons to 1 type. (No matter how you do it, switching between them with an anvil, changing everything to swords, or even just making it so when you use a runic smasher to upgrade an item it will use clubs/axes/swords together) there will now instantly be a bunch of T9 weapons on the server, since there is literally 3x more melee weapons than any other weapon due to the original problem.

By the way, I know Xagulz is completely overworked, and should be cut some slack. But i'm an asshole and like arguing when I know i'm right.
i support the guy i dont like! because hes being "for the people" and using Logic. dont argue with him @Xagul ... accept defeat... lol

In other words, you want a NPC or Script to change all melee into 1 type (sword/axe/club)...

Me: Hi
NPC: Welcome to my shop, I can change all of your melee weapons for one type!
1) Change to swords
2) Change to clubs
3) Change to axes
4) How does it work?
5) Bye
Me: 1
Npc: I have changed all of your melee weapons into swords!

or
Me: !Swords
12:00 You have changed all your melee weapons into swords!
Me: !Clubs
12:00 You have changed all of your melee weapons into clubs!
Me: !Axes
12:00 You have changed all of your melee weapons into axes!!

Back