• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
He hasn't even been on here for like 2 weeks, and doesn't matter not like the issue will be addressed anyways. But xagul's explanation for what he did was that it was a "User error" lmao
So if I went and did it and claim it was an 'user error' it'll be sweet and I can get items back. Awesome!

GUYS PLEASE RESET THE ACCOUNTS AND OPEN THIS SERVER AGAIN AND I WILL AGAIN PLAY HERE WITH OTHER 300 PLAYERS I HOPE, this server now is unplayable and almost died, reset=future

IMO, a reset would at least give the server a fresh start which wouldn't be a bad thing, and it gives some of us something to look forward to such as PvP among low tiers, and a rat race to the top, which is really what I love about Death's (Bills), and Jason's servers. I realize they aren't run by the same person anymore but that was a good/bad kind of thing that was really refreshing and allowed for new politics, and not so much of the same old repetitive bullshit.

You should be more worried about getting new players, and not worried about your veteran players coming back to play. If they like the server they're going to play regardless, and donate. Plus I bet they'd enjoy a fresh start as well.

If people donated how ever much Money this year they can just get a small margin of what they donated back in a new server e.g Donated 1k dollars this year? Get 400ish RT back after reset. Reset = More donations*rambling*

I am going to drop down a bit of cash to play on this server, but I'm more worried about the current top players raping me to oblivion the second I do something wrong, like have fun haha.

All in all I don't really care about the above, but it's just a thought of mine whether you think it's good or bad is well.. your opinion and I respect that.

Anyone online? Message Kintsukuroi I'm looking to join a guild, make some friends, etc.

IMO, a reset would at least give the server a fresh start which wouldn't be a bad thing, and it gives some of us something to look forward to such as PvP among low tiers, and a rat race to the top, which is really what I love about Death's (Bills), and Jason's servers. I realize they aren't run by the same person anymore but that was a good/bad kind of thing that was really refreshing and allowed for new politics, and not so much of the same old repetitive bullshit.

You should be more worried about getting new players, and not worried about your veteran players coming back to play. If they like the server they're going to play regardless, and donate. Plus I bet they'd enjoy a fresh start as well.

If people donated how ever much Money this year they can just get a small margin of what they donated back in a new server e.g Donated 1k dollars this year? Get 400ish RT back after reset. Reset = More donations*rambling*

I am going to drop down a bit of cash to play on this server, but I'm more worried about the current top players raping me to oblivion the second I do something wrong, like have fun haha.

All in all I don't really care about the above, but it's just a thought of mine whether you think it's good or bad is well.. your opinion and I respect that.

Anyone online? Message Kintsukuroi I'm looking to join a guild, make some friends, etc.
Won't happen there is almost enough people for 2nd rebirth. If that hasn't even been done yet why reset

To be honest, this server went from being Fishing Simulator 2015 to be a 101% bot server..

Not that its a bad thing as thats really from owner to owner wether you want real or fake players, but they could rather reset and expect players to go up to 200+ again if they update every week instead of dissapearing for 3 months a time

Can I buy equipment through paypal? If anyone would like to sell some stuff to me please message me on here, I have paypal, and am accepting offers on what ever you would like to get rid of!

^^ explains it all. Shawn tries to act innocent and say my bro was "crying" when he's being corrupt and coming to take an item that was dropped on the floor and in his OWN RULES says if you do that its your own fault. Oh and after he took the bow my brother said what he was doing was corrupt then Banned him. (Yes he unbanned him after he logged on a different account and bitched to him)

P.S. From what I'm hearing the bow was either given to Wildly by klaus, and the reason why Xagul gave back the bow was because Wildly has donated over/under 1000$. OR it's klaus's little brother. Either way just shows how much money talks.

To be honest, it had nothing to do with donations because I really don't keep track of what each individual has donated. You can believe me or not, that is your choice and I cannot present anything that will change what you think.
I helped that guy well over 24 hours before we even knew that you guys found the item. It was thought that the item was cleaned in the server save so it was returned to him, the only reason we found out about you having it is because you decided to flaunt it. It is a very rare occasion that I help people with such a problem (for this very reason in fact) but in extreme cases where the player could lose months and months of work, yes I will help a player. If it had been you, we'd be in the same situation with you begging me for the same help, and had it been you up until this day, I would have helped. But I will remember this day. There will be an unfortunate event at some point in your future as it is inevitable, it may not be today, tomorrow, it may not even be this year or on Deathzot at all but... some day you will need my help and I will remember how much fuss you caused when I helped someone else.

P.S.
Everyone else here that is backing up this ridiculous shit should be ashamed. Especially you @Zasranets out of all the players that could be hurt the most by losing something of such value, I would think you'd appreciate the time it actually takes to obtain such an item on Deathzot more than most being the manual player you are. But if this situation is what ruins my "reputation" as you say, at least I will go down with people knowing that I actually care about my players and the time, effort, and dedication they put into my server.

P.S. 2
Actually, now that I think about it... If I had ignored every player that has ever made a mistake and lost their account/items/anything I would be here on the forum defending myself against likely the same people about how I am a shitty admin that doesn't care about players. I guess in this community one cannot win, every situation is a lose-lose. Maybe some day this community will learn to appreciate those of us who put the time into making a quality server as fair as possible but also as fun for everyone as possible instead of throwing up a real map for a cash grab, never logging in and calling it a day.

Last edited:
I have to start out by saying that @Xagul and @Synthetic_ are 2 developers that I a lot of respect for. You are both amazing and very talented in the works of OT development. What furthers my respect is that you decided to put that knowledge towards the creation of truly unique and custom servers such as XDC, Bitzot, and Deathzot rather than the generic real map. Even though they are bot servers, I still appreciate the beautiful custom work that has been done.

My statements were based off of the ones made prior to mine. Blinkz and MysteriousDot are 2 pretty good friends of mine so I would personally trust what they say until they are proven to be wrong. From what was said in the thread the item was dropped on the on the floor which makes it free game. If someone was lucky enough to pick up the item they should be entitled to it. If not then I can go around throwing items on the floor and then demand to get my items back? Sure this was a more extreme case as it was a t12 bow (which is insanely hard to get) but my point still stands. Also it states in your own server rules the following:

"If you place an item on the ground anywhere on Deathzot and a player is able to pick it up and they do it is your fault".

According to what has been said this is EXACTLY what happened, if not then feel free to correct me. Also you said that "me out of all players would be hurt the most of losing something of such value" and you're right I would be BUT... it's also said that this person paid over/under 1000$ for it in which case contradicts that manual aspect you mention. If this person actually grinded up to a t12 bow manually then and only then would I feel sympathy for them. So let's just say that he actually achieved it with no donating and that I felt sympathy for him. Does that give the staff the right to break their own server rules? I think not.

Now say I was in his position and I lost my t12 bow. Would I be angry and upset? Yes. Would I beg the staff to get my item back? Yes. But it's the staff's job to keep their professionalism under control. Something along the lines of "I'm sorry for you inconvenience but there is nothing we can do." Another huge problem was the way it was handled. First of all I understand if you felt obligated to give the bow back but in no circumstance were you obligated to take it away from the player that picked it up from the floor. If you really wanted to help that player then a much better solution would of been to let the player who picked up the bow keep it, and then also give the player who originally had it another bow.

I guess I was a bit rash to say this situation ruins your reputation but it certainly doesn't help it. I understand you care about your players but there are just some lines you cannot cross. If I was to accidently drop my magic plate armor on real tibia and someone picked it up, do you think if I complained and begged enough the staff would give it back to me? And even more so take the item from the player who picked it up? I'm pretty sure the answer would be no. I'm not saying you can't help players with lost accounts/items/ but you just have to take a more reasonable approach. I'm not here to start an argument or bash on how bad of a GM you are, I just simply hope that in the future your actions are more understandable.

To be honest, it had nothing to do with donations because I really don't keep track of what each individual has donated. You can believe me or not, that is your choice and I cannot present anything that will change what you think.
I helped that guy well over 24 hours before we even knew that you guys found the item. It was thought that the item was cleaned in the server save so it was returned to him, the only reason we found out about you having it is because you decided to flaunt it. It is a very rare occasion that I help people with such a problem (for this very reason in fact) but in extreme cases where the player could lose months and months of work, yes I will help a player. If it had been you, we'd be in the same situation with you begging me for the same help, and had it been you up until this day, I would have helped. But I will remember this day. There will be an unfortunate event at some point in your future as it is inevitable, it may not be today, tomorrow, it may not even be this year or on Deathzot at all but... some day you will need my help and I will remember how much fuss you caused when I helped someone else.

P.S.
Everyone else here that is backing up this ridiculous shit should be ashamed. Especially you @Zasranets out of all the players that could be hurt the most by losing something of such value, I would think you'd appreciate the time it actually takes to obtain such an item on Deathzot more than most being the manual player you are. But if this situation is what ruins my "reputation" as you say, at least I will go down with people knowing that I actually care about my players and the time, effort, and dedication they put into my server.

P.S. 2
Actually, now that I think about it... If I had ignored every player that has ever made a mistake and lost their account/items/anything I would be here on the forum defending myself against likely the same people about how I am a shitty admin that doesn't care about players. I guess in this community one cannot win, every situation is a lose-lose. Maybe some day this community will learn to appreciate those of us who put the time into making a quality server as fair as possible but also as fun for everyone as possible instead of throwing up a real map for a cash grab, never logging in and calling it a day.
Okay you have one big ass flaw in your statement. If you thought the bow was lost in Server save which is a lie, then once you realized that we had it why would you go on by taking it back? According to you finding out that it wasn't lost in server save you should have been returning the bow to me, And don't give me that shit about going around flaunting it, because that is also a lie we told 2 people. THATS IT

Last edited:

P.S.

P.S. 2

Its the way you treated me in this whole situation, what you did was fucked up. You gave me no respect at all when i was asking you quite simple questions. And being told "Don't be a faggot give me the bow" is not right at all, and the fact that you banned me after saying what you did was corrupt? I didn't receive anything in return but a ban? That is complete bullshit and you know it, and so does everyone else that knows what happened. I don't understand you taking a weapon that was in my control legitimately...idk how you think what you did was right jfc

Last edited:
Blinkz and MysteriousDot are 2 pretty good friends of mine so I would personally trust what they say until they are proven to be wrong.
I do not know MysteriousDot, but Blinkz has proven to be very mature in the past so I can see why you would trust everything he says. /InternetSarcasm

My statements were based off of the ones made prior to mine.
Statements made by someone that is angry that they found a t12 by accident, did not get to keep it, and is now willing to start problems over a forum about said situation.

it's also said that this person paid over/under 1000$ for it
I don't know how the item was obtained, I do know that there is no "official" way of donating for gear so no record of said action could have been recorded thus my decision to help said player could not have been based on money even if I wanted it to be.

Now say I was in his position and I lost my t12 bow. Would I be angry and upset? Yes. Would I beg the staff to get my item back? Yes.
Would the staff have helped you with your problem?
Most likely yes.

Would that have resulted in you being happy?
Yes.

Would you continue to play the server?
Yes

If the answer had been no, would you continue to play the server.
Chances are no.

Given the answer yes, would the player that found the item be upset?
Yes.

Will they continue to play the server?
Chances are yes in most cases.

If I was to accidently drop my magic plate armor on real tibia and someone picked it up, do you think if I complained and begged enough the staff would give it back to me?
Does real tibia have 100-200 players?
Almost but not quite.

Does it take 12 months to obtain a magic plate armor on real tibia?
No.

Does real tibia have in-game staff?
No.

But it's the staff's job to keep their professionalism under control.
So basically what I understand from this comment is that in order to preserve my professionalism I must always default to doing nothing no matter what the problem is because no matter what choice I make that involves taking action, it will always be deemed unprofessional depending on what view you have of the situation.

• Helping the player is unprofessional in the eyes of the person that found the item.
  • Allowing both players to keep the items is unprofessional in the eyes of everyone else in the server that did not get a free item.
So the only real solution is to do nothing.

I am sorry if you do not agree, but if these are the choices you give me... I choose to be the admin that cares, instead of the professional admin that doesn't. And to be honest, if that is the level of professionalism you are looking for in a game, then I must question why you are involved in OPEN TIBIA which is the polar opposite of a professional game.

Okay you have one big ass flaw in your statement. If you thought the bow was lost in Server save which is a lie, then once you realized that we had it why would you go on by taking it back? And don't give me that shit about going around flaunting it, because that is also a lie we told 2 people. THATS IT

P.S Shawn I recall when I was hacked you got my account back for me but you absolutely REFUSED to give back my items and keys so don't give me that shit.

This will be the last post I make about this topic. I will not sit and argue over a forum about such a silly incident. At the end of the day, nobody lost anything they had a few hours prior and nobody gained anything they didn't. Logically speaking, the outcome of this situation was spot on 100% as perfect as it could have been. The only problem now is that someone decided to come onto the forum and throw a tantrum because they didn't get their way.

I was presented several options over the course of this incident. I think any admin presented with these options on a server such as Deathzot would have made the same decision I did.
Here is my logic, it's not perfect but it is some insight into how I problem solve and it might help you understand why I did what I did, why I would gladly do it again, and why I honestly think any admin that is passionate about their game/server/players/ect... would have made the same decision.

~ Player A presents admin with situation ~
Options:
  1. Help Player A with a lost item but inform them that if it is found out that he/she is lying then they will be punished accordingly.
  2. Assume that someone located said item in a random container that was dropped somewhere in the world.
  3. Assume the player is completely lying about the entire situation.

Option 1 is ideal because of course we want to help someone, even if we do not find out they were lying right away eventually the truth will come out because nothing stays secret forever.

Option 2 is highly unlikely given the amount of containers dropped in the world every day and the frequency of server cleans (every hour).

Option 3 is actually very likely in most situations but generally speaking with an item of such value and rarity, a player who has played long enough to obtain such a thing is not going to risk losing everything they have just to get an item for free... that would be quite silly.

~24 hours later Player A informs admin that the item was indeed picked up by a player and that they know who found it ~

Options:
  1. Help Player A that just lost well over 5 months of work because of a stupid mistake.
  2. Allow Player B that just found an item in 2 seconds to keep it at the expense of the Player A's loss.
  3. Allow both players to keep the items.

Option 1 helps Player A with their mistake. Player B's net loss is 0 as they never actually had that item to begin with until randomly finding it on the ground.

Option 2 makes Player B happy because they just gained a huge amount of value for free but at the expense of Player A who will likely quit because equipment on a server such as Deathzot is everything and when you lose everything after playing 6-8 months you are unlikely to start over unless absolutely addicted.

Option 3 is unrealistic. An admin is never going to willingly "duplicate" an item especially one of such value. It may not seem like such a problem to the normal player but in order to preserve the integrity of the server, items put into the server via admin must be avoided at all cost unless there is a good reason. Good reasons being events/contests/ects... Bad reasons being fri itens plx/you are my friend/i lost my item for <insert reason here> give me new one.

P.S.
I helped you recover an account in the past? I don't remember that but not to fear! It will never happen again, rest assured!

blinkz also threw a tantrum after getting pkd in ascalon
moral of the story: put blinkz on ignore

blinkz also threw a tantrum after getting pkd in ascalon
moral of the story: put blinkz on ignore
Good idea!
pccP3yd.png

You gave me no respect at all when i was asking you quite simple questions. And being told "Don't be a faggot give me the bow" is not right at all, and the fact that you banned me after saying what you did was corrupt?

Wow I completely missed this post as I was typing my last one... sorry about that.

I will explain.

Almost every single player that has been playing Deathzot for a long time has this "relationship" with us (the admins) in which they continue to bash us with or without reason. It is actually quite entertaining and we play along with them. Generally speaking if you walk up to a gm on another OT and tell them to go fuck a pig blah blah <insert any insult you wish here> you would get banned. On Deathzot you just get a fuck you back, or a debug, or a 3 second ban because its funny. Nobody in the history of Deathzot has ever complained about what you just did. Every veteran player knows how this "relationship" works.

There is literally 0 reason for me to think that you were being serious when you were talking to me. I could not have known you felt so strongly about what I was doing. When you called me corrupt, there is no way I could have known you were being serious... I logged out that day and didn't even think twice about what had happened. It wasn't until I read these forums that I realized that you guys actually were pissed off about the situation. Every person that came up to me in the following hours after what happened called me corrupt had smiled or something else that looked as thought they were joking. Not a single one of them was an actual complaint.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here with your post. I think everyone here on otland knows about the deathzot community. I vividly remember Summ posting in one of Synthetics old threads asking how he puts up with the disrespect his players show. The truth is, at the end of the day it is all fun and games as it should be... I don't take anything the players say to me personally, and I don't think any of the players take what I say to them seriously... How the hell can you expect us to know when you are serious about something or not when all you do is troll us. I think you are just seeking attention and with that said...

ttDgFBT.png

You are also ignored... not that it matters since you just created your account today to post this. In fact, you probably wont even read this post because you will have closed the tab and went back to facebook.

Last edited:
Xagul isn't all that bad tbh. I remember I screwed and used the same password on another OT and lost my account here. Not only did Xagul/Synthetic get my account back, they all spent hours finding the guy who took the items. (Could be biased cause I'm scrub but w/e)

And don't matter at the end of the day what was done was wrong and everybody knows it other then the person who got their shit back. Have a good day cause at the end of the day it's a server

P.s the bow wasn't grinded for since it was given to him lol

Bow was not given to me. Where do you get these facts from ? You claim I donated Over/under 1000 dollars, but u can say that about everyone... everyone has donated over or under 1000 dollars, and who are you pulling facts from? Would love to know, because this guy has access to all DeathzOT donations obviously, which I think would be Synt/Xagul only that could know.. ?

And you got a good enough reply from me on DeathzOT forum already explaining it, yet you go here giving fault information ? Just looking to cause drama I suppose

Back