• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Canada] [8.60] DeathZot | 99% Custom Map | 22 Vocations | Over 200 New Items | Prestige | Dungeons

Server Website/AAC
http://deathzot.net
Server Address
deathzot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
I suggest this instead, when you rebirth you can "revoc", you get one chance after Fisco, then another after father time. Win win

I suggest this instead, when you rebirth you can "revoc", you get one chance after Fisco, then another after father time. Win win
As much as I dislike the idea of having it in the first place, I would be satisfied with this solution.

As much as I dislike the idea of having it in the first place, I would be satisfied with this solution.
No terrible idea,and does nothing towards the voc changes real reason for being in the game

I'm very positive towards a vocation change system. It creates more flexibility in your choosing and doesn't force you to waste thousands of hours to catch up to the level you already are on one character (you do need to spend very many hours training tho). And then at the same time it creates more revenue and helps to support such a great server.

@Palm The intention has never been to make a strong vocation just because it is difficult to start as. Some vocations are harder at certain points in the game than others sure, and certainly some vocations are stronger at specific tasks than others, but that is the nature of having so many vocations with so many themes, it is not something I want to consider when making a decision such as this. I would even go so far as to say that this is just another reason to strongly favor voc changes. If someone really likes to play a squishy rogue style character, why should they first have to suffer a horrible early game for who knows how long before they can actually enjoy playing?

@AsianPotato @Palm I understand your desire for things to remain how they were. You have a vision of what the server is and you want to be able to enjoy that as long as possible. The same thing happened with classic tibia. There is a famous quote "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.". Deathzot has been stuck doing the same thing since its conception and every era dies out within a few weeks to a month. I think it is time we all strongly consider alternatives that may help to keep players interested for longer. You may not like that someone can just switch their voc to w.e you picked, but I know you will dislike 10 players online even more and I know people have been wanting this for a long time just based on the amount of requests I have gotten for it over the years.
There are a handful of things that are requested more than anything else in the history of Deathzot.
  1. Pls stop botting
  2. Can you change my voc?
  3. Make 2nd rebirth easier
  4. More updates pls
  5. Tutor/CM/GM plxor
  6. Animosity abuse, pls remove his Senior Tutor!
This is a better time than any to try as many as possible.

@Xagul I dont rly dislike the voc change idead. Instead of that, if you add it, why dont you add a waiting time afer using it?
For example if you voc change, you have to wait x amount of time after using it. This might avoid people changing vocs non stop plus making skills to 0.
With this system you can avoid people changing non stop the vocs to find a op combos, instead if they do a bad combination they have to wait to change that again

@Xagul I dont rly dislike the voc change idead. Instead of that, if you add it, why dont you add a waiting time afer using it?
For example if you voc change, you have to wait x amount of time after using it. This might avoid people changing vocs non stop plus making skills to 0.
With this system you can avoid people changing non stop the vocs to find a op combos, instead if they do a bad combination they have to wait to change that again

It’s not cheap to change voc, also gotta hit up Father Time jr to redo the order of rb to train both vocs skills. Also, I feel like there’s a fear that people are going to be swapping back and forth with the voc changer, thus not rewarding the people who find op voc combinations first. However, there are better, more efficient ways of spending RT to make yourself op. So in these hypotheticals where y’all are afraid of someone switching vocations until they find the perfect combination, these people have to be both have a ton of RT and have no idea how to use it. Which would not make them a threat to you anyway as they are noobs and also would have to retrain their skills for a few days to a week while you reap those sweet, sweet 5x loot orbs.

It’s not cheap to change voc, also gotta hit up Father Time jr to redo the order of rb to train both vocs skills. Also, I feel like there’s a fear that people are going to be swapping back and forth with the voc changer, thus not rewarding the people who find op voc combinations first. However, there are better, more efficient ways of spending RT to make yourself op. So in these hypotheticals where y’all are afraid of someone switching vocations until they find the perfect combination, these people have to be both have a ton of RT and have no idea how to use it. Which would not make them a threat to you anyway as they are noobs and also would have to retrain their skills for a few days to a week while you reap those sweet, sweet 5x loot orbs.

Yeah i know its not that cheap to change voc, but imagine, you just go at first pve combo to farm and get stronger. For example, ilu/pyro which is a good pve combo. Now, you reach 50k and you decide to go another voc just to fill up the last voc.

Now you had in mind a super op combo. For example, shadow/zealot/barb. Thats a super retarded pvp combo imo (ive played shadow/zealot and for pvp is super good). The thing is that after having such a good pve combo and farm faster you just waste some rt and train for some days, then you go kill everything in no time.

I am just saying and example, i like the ida of voc change, but who knows. Also as a lot of vocs are comming, the balancing between one and other will be hard. Some vocs will be played and others dont.

Hope this era we can see more people playing the less play vocs and do some fun combos

Yeah i know its not that cheap to change voc, but imagine, you just go at first pve combo to farm and get stronger. For example, ilu/pyro which is a good pve combo. Now, you reach 50k and you decide to go another voc just to fill up the last voc.

Now you had in mind a super op combo. For example, shadow/zealot/barb. Thats a super retarded pvp combo imo (ive played shadow/zealot and for pvp is super good). The thing is that after having such a good pve combo and farm faster you just waste some rt and train for some days, then you go kill everything in no time.

I am just saying and example, i like the ida of voc change, but who knows. Also as a lot of vocs are comming, the balancing between one and other will be hard. Some vocs will be played and others dont.

Hope this era we can see more people playing the less play vocs and do some fun combos
I can see where you're coming from but you still forget that its going to be very pricey to have to change vocs between 3 of them to train each one. Plus the amount of time having to put in to skill each character (24 hours of training each voc) i mean you can get left behind hardcore with all that nonsense but the fact of the matter is, is that it'll happen unfortunately. Now you will have people who do this just so they can hardcore pvp at 50k 3 voc and such but i think this is a healthy change so that we'll see more higher level people with 3rd voc since everyone doesnt have to make a new character every other week because of finding uber spells or prestige transfering.

I don't wanna be tutor, I just wanna be able to mute people when they start being retards in the global chat :cool: Because sometimes, it gets bad.

i think this is a healthy change so that we'll see more higher level people with 3rd voc since everyone doesnt have to make a new character every other week because of finding uber spells or prestige transfering.

Indeed this change will make more people to reach 50k and 3rd rebirth.

I can see where you're coming from but you still forget that its going to be very pricey to have to change vocs between 3 of them to train each one

Yeah you have to invest RTs and time skilling again, but think about how frustated one person can be getting oneshotted without time to do nothing to defend himself...
I know, pvp is a part of the game, and i like pvping, but maybe people can just get frustated by being abused.

Anyway, i think xagul will find the right way to balance this system.

The price could rise exponentially with each use to stop people from frequently changing (although resetting skills will delay them by a day or two each time)

If there is a vocation that is completely out of line for pvp, the answer isn't to penalize everyone else. That would be like lowering the entire servers exp rate because Pyro is so good at aoe farming...

Been roaming the forums, seeing the vocation creation contest again. Wondering if you've been fishing for ideas there as well Xagul. Had some great submissions.

The whole concept of changing class is in alot of the new mmos, usually free(maybe ingame cash of a sort) instant and it's such a good change if you actually give it a try. Yes alot of people might change to the same "op" vocation combo but thats also part of the fun. Trying to figure out another vocation combo to counter the meta if you want to call it that. Investing in your character just to end up having to make a new one cause you get bored or its not good in an area of the game you want to explore isnt fun at all.

Add a vocation changer on top of this massive OTC buff, and I think we're gonna find that fewer characters are going to be made, less time will be spent grinding for gear, and a lot of vocation combos are going to be tried.

Whether or not that's a good thing; this chain of events happening--in that order or not--remains to be seen. It's something you have to implement and just wait out and see, I think.

brV89G4.png

Back