• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Can't connect to Database

Adrish

Reaction score
>> Starting SQL Connection
Failed connecting to database - MYSQL Error: Host 'clintholt' is not allowed to connect to this MYSQL server (1130)

ERROR: Couldn't estabilish connection to SQL database.

Im using the "root" user.

I'm going to start a second server, got already a server at another computer i'm trying to connect to that database and get that ^.

Help ty?

Rep++ to you

Last edited:
Ehr, 'clintholt'? Try changing the hostname to either localhost or 127.0.0.1

Eh, man

It's not Clintholt.
-- Database
-- NOTE: sqlFile is used only by sqlite database, and sqlKeepAlive by mysql database.
-- To disable sqlKeepAlive such as mysqlReadTimeout use 0 value.
sqlType = "mysql"
sqlHost = "192.168.0.102"
sqlPort = 3306
sqlUser = "root"
sqlPass = "xxxxxx"
sqlDatabase = "xxxxxx"
sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db"
sqlKeepAlive = 0
mysqlReadTimeout = 10
mysqlWriteTimeout = 10
encryptionType = "sha1"

"Host" is the name of my computer.

Oh, all right. Well assuming that you are hosting the database on another computer on your network, you might have to allow external connections. If you are hosting it at your local computer, change the host to either localhost or 127.0.0.1

How i allow external connections?

I got already hostname "localhost" at the computer with the database and that ip 192.168.0.102 is the ip to the computer xP

Edit: I have changed the httpd-xampp.conf so i can connect with phpmyadmin and its work, but i can't connect with the OT server to the database..

Last edited:
You would have to change the user host to % rather than e.g. localhost. Assuming that you use phpMyAdmin, you would do this in privileges tab accessed from the main page of phpMyAdmin.

where.JPG

Okej look here, where?:eek:

Back