• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Can't connect to my Server

Freezer

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with my OT. I can access it from the machine where it's been hosted. Means I can run TIbia + OT on same PC and log via 127.0.0.1 all works fine...
But I can't log in from a different PC on my Network, or Internet... Firewalls are off portforwarding works 100%. But if I try to log in from the Internet or my own home network I just can see my character list and when I hit enter to join the game a error appieres: "Cannot connect to the game server. Error: COnnection refused. (10061).

I'm using TFS 0.3.7_SVN (Crying Damson).
Here is my Config.lua

PHP:
	-- Connection config

worldId = 0
	ip = "192.168.20.99"  //here I tried also 127.0.0.1 
	bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
	loginPort = 7171
	gamePort = "7172"
	loginTries = 3
	retryTimeout = 5 * 1000
	loginTimeout = 60 * 1000
	maxPlayers = 100
	motd = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
	displayOnOrOffAtCharlist = false
	onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = true
	allowClones = 0
	serverName = "Forgotten"
	loginMessage = "Welcome to the Forgotten Server!"
	statusTimeout = 5 * 60 * 1000
	replaceKickOnLogin = true
	forceSlowConnectionsToDisconnect = false
	loginOnlyWithLoginServer = false
	premiumPlayerSkipWaitList = false
	packetsPerSecond = 50

I'm quite curios with this... Why can't I join from my local network? Nevermind about the portforwardings, they work for sure. I have the same error if I'm connecting from the internet/local network.
:/

Last edited:
Also does'nt work when I use my IP and try to connect. There must be something wrong with the server. I can also connect from extern/intern to the ACC-Page all works. Just the connecting to the actuall game is not working :/... It works only from the machine where the server is hosted.

Did you do everything from my first post?
It's your ip or your gameport 7172 what makes you not able to connect to the gameserver.

Let me try to explain it again. First: nevermind about the port forwarding. This is working for 100% and it is not the bug.

I have a PC called "HOST" Win7 64x (Server + ACC-Page). Host has this IP: 192.168.20.99
When I start a Tibia client on the Machine "HOST" and hit 127.0.0.1 in my Tibia ip-changer it works. I can connect to the game-world and play.

First I want to solve this:

Now I have a 2nd PC in my network. IP: 192.168.20.11
I go to the browser: type "192.168.20.99" ---> Acc page shows up! Looks good!
I start the game, type 192.168.20.99 in the ip changer, start tibia ---> only the chars show up (can't connect).

Then I want to solve this:

Now I have a friend who wants to join my server: He uses my ip. let us say for e.g. my external ip is: 66.132.33.12
He types it in his browser: My acc page shows up ---> Looks good! (is also able to create chars 'nd stuff)
He starts ip changer + game types in the ip: Only the chars show up (can't join the game).

Last edited:
Are you using your local network ip in config.lua (192.168.20.99) ?

Edit: i had exactly your problem yesterday and the problem was with the ip in config.lua

Lua:
ip = "" -- ip from whatismyip.com here 
loginPort = 7171
gamePort = "7172"

Edited: this is the right way.

Last edited:
Xapokis have right, It's cannot be your out ip.
Check it What Is My IP Address � | Shows Your IP Address. , copy from there ip and write into your config lol

Check again blocked ports too, don't forget to unlock port in both way, TCP UDP

ip = "192.168.20.99" //here I tried also 127.0.0.1
It's ip in your computer but you need your out ip lan ( your internet ip omg just check on this page )

Last edited:
I forced some errors here sometime ago and when the ports in router are closed people can't "reach" my computer, so the character list does NOT load.
When the ports are open they can reach my computer.

If the ports are open and the ip is wrong in config.lua they can access the computer, so the character list load BUT it stucks there.
If ports and open and ip is right you can access the server.

Summing:
Ports Closed = cant acces anything
Ports Open + IP Wrong = access char list and stucks
Ports Open + IP Right = access server

Problem was fixed now by a little Team-Viewer smalltalk with Limos. Thank you :)
It really has to be:

Lua:
	-- Connection config

worldId = 0
	ip = "YOUR IP here"
	bindOnlyGlobalAddress = false
	loginPort = 7171
	gamePort = "7172"

i solved the problem, it seems that even tho i thogh i opened the ports it didnt opened, so y recomend after you oppened the ports to go and check to whatss my ip . org, and check the ports to see if they are really oppened

Back