• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Can't get RL 10.98 Map to work

backover

Reaction score
I've been meddling lately with TFS 1.2 on Ubuntu 16.04, sometimes finding issues but solving them eventually, but now I feel like I have to come here and ask you guys about what am I doing wrong in particular; engine works just fine with map and data provided provided from it's source, but it gets steepy once I try to load other maps and data.

I tried two different 10.98 maps, cleaned /data and /world directories off it's previous contents and copied said 10.98 maps and data into there, in config.lua I did paste correct .otb filename for map, but TFS won't even start. Executing screen ./tfs in my terminal, and it just blinks with text (captured it with screenshot; seemingly it crashes before loading config.lua but gives no errors) then terminates itself. Leaving TFS 1.2 provided data intact but physically removing .otb map files allows me to run TFS, but I can't access RL map area and GM commands like /town thais doesn't work. Looks like TFS still reads it's standard map from somewhere?

Anyways, I feel like trying to dig for solution on my own with knowledge I possess about TFS (none TBH) is a waste of time. Could anybody explain to me how importing map and data into TFS 1.2 actually works? Thanks.

are you sure that's the otb or the map the source of the problem?? what about the database connection?

are you sure that's the otb or the map the source of the problem??

I honestly believe, no. However, in case there are some issues with it, console should return some specific errors instead of blank termination, yes?
Note, that happens when I remove everything from /data directory and place there datapack downloaded from source. Also, while trying to load RL map together with TFS provided data, despite of console announcing it did read "34kx34k tiles" map (forgottenmap is 2x2k tiles), I think TFS still reads it's prefab map. Trying to manually place character on XYZ pos corresponding with Thais temple tile via editing database record results in pos being reset to forgottenisland's temple spawnpoint. I thought these RL maps might have slight offset to fit forgottenisle on, but no. Opening real map with RME and navigating to where forgottenisle should be is showing just empty space. So I believe TFS is indeed reading forgottenmap, despite of the file being not present in /world directory. WTF?

what about the database connection?

Database connection is working just fine. I did install Gesior's ACC, I am either changing records in database and TFS can read these as they're applied into server immediately.

Last edited:
Alright, so I checked on RME map editor if map's town settings and temple pos for that 10.98 map are existing.
They do.
But instead of ending up in ie. Thais upon executing command /town 1, 2, 3, I am just TPing around Forgottenisle.
So I have standard TFS 1.2 map loaded, that's for sure. I have no idea how this happens, though. That map file was deleted from /world directory, and in config.lua I pointed 10.98 RL map's name to read.

What sort of vile sorcery is this? :eek:

If you can login to the server there is nothing wrong with the map.
Make sure you set your account AND your character to an access value of 3 which is the standard for god.

About the /town 1, 2, 3, ................ In RME you can check the towns and each town has a different id. This id is how it works as in /town 1. Also here you can check if the spellings are right etc....

I hope this helped :)

If you can login to the server there is nothing wrong with the map.
Make sure you set your account AND your character to an access value of 3 which is the standard for god.

About the /town 1, 2, 3, ................ In RME you can check the towns and each town has a different id. This id is how it works as in /town 1. Also here you can check if the spellings are right etc....

I hope this helped :)

Of course there's nothing wrong about map itself, but...
...TFS is using map which it isn't supposed to. Like I mentioned in the earlier post, TFS is reading and using it's standard map instead of of the one I pointed in config.lua, even if I removed it from /world directory and replaced with other map. I've been trying to dig for similar posts, with no success. What is going on?

Edit: If that would help, RL map I've been trying to use is that of Klonera's: 10.98 Real Map (https://otland.net/threads/10-98-real-map.262438/)

Last edited:
Back