• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Celestia 7.4 (Project) - Official Discussion Thread

Kungenn

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
jJMySM2J5.png

2ChxygkK6.png
zEKOyLIiD.png
elcome to the Celestia thread.
I'll give you a quick overview of who I am and my history.
So I am Victor, 26 years old, Swedish and I got in to the OT community 15 Apr 2005 and quickly started hosting servers.
The first few servers I had was survival OTS together with a guy named Alex.
Later on I started mapping and making my own custom OTservers together with lots of people.
To name a few I've worked with over the years: Jiddo, SuperGillis, Ond, Stian etc etc.
About 4 or 5 years ago I started working on a custom OTserver based on 8.5 that I revamped to 7.4 features.
That server was named Nevila. The biggest issue I've had is that I am a I want it and I want it now person. I haven't really been giving a lot of advertisement time to my servers. Some has been great success while others has died out. Nevila was hosted for about one and a half years before finally brought down. It probably took about a year after Nevila went down until I started the project Celestia. The Celestia project was created and later Ond joined as a coder/scripter. This time I started mapping and then added parts of Nevila (far from everything) to the map. Celestia was online back in august 2014 for a few months and was greatly appreciated. But being a lowrate server teams of PKs found their way in and got players to quit which lead to the server finally dying out.
Upon demand of the public I recently reopened Celestia. However people have been complaining about that there is actually newer graphics than what 7.4 had which, even though the server is 7.4 features, makes it feel less of an oldschool server. Therefore I have decided to start this project.

GVNgs8lLb.png
elestia Project 7.4

This project will be completely based on the real 7.4 engine and graphics.
So far I've revamped perhaps one 10th of the Celestia map to 7.4 style and will continue to do so until it's completely revamped.
All quests, spawns, NPCs will be revamped to work in a proper manner.

So why did I start this thread?
Because since I'm starting this project I'd love to get the communities views.
What features do you like?
What to do and what not to do.
I can already tell you that the server is going to be lowrate most likely 1 or 2x, why?
Well since it is a custom server it shouldn't really matter what rate it is because you are enjoying the new content that you haven't seen before, new quests and so on.
Also a lower rate makes the community more real and people become one with their characters and actually care about them instead of any other highrate server where you see people random PK everywhere.
So questions I've gotten in the pasts about lowrates:
  1. Q: Why play here when there is Tibianic?
    A: Tibianic is a great server, no doubt BUT it is the real map and even if it wasn't we are two completely different servers. I never talk bad about other OTservers and I never will. But I will tell you to give the server a try and if you do not like it then perhaps it wasn't for you.
  2. Q: Low rate servers require time investments, how do we know you won't make the server go offline?
    A: You are indeed right, just like making the server is a great time investment for me and the other people involved. I have always had the motto that as long as the server costs are paid for by premium accounts the server will stay online. However Celestia's server host as already been paid for one year forward so you can rest assured that it will not go offline for a long time.
  3. Q: Corruption is common on OTservers, how can we trust you?
    A: It sure is, well I can say that I am a 100% fair. But if people want more proof then:
    GMlogs can be made official which allows you to check what commands GMs use.
    GMs have limited access, they cannot do quests, attack players, monsters, move items and so on.
    GMs have the power to keep chats clean, ban players and help players that has issues.

So now we got that out of the way, what can you do for Celestia?
Well you can always contribute somehow
What are we currently looking for?

6jUxP7InW.png

Anyone that has experience in mapping, coding, scripting is more than welcome to apply to our server >>here (I will link this to a job application form on the OTland job section)
Anyone who contributes will always been awarded somehow.
You can come with ideas and thoughts on how to improve the server, please keep in mind that server rates is not something you have to help with. They will be either 1 or 2x not higher.

LdEi0lby.png

What features does the server offer so far?
  • All common features for 7.4
  • Task System [not decided if to use or not]
  • Dynamic Quest System [not just straight loot a chest quests]
  • Few custom items that allow 50% faster skilling for 15 minutes
  • TibiCAM which allows recordings of gameplay
What features have been suggested but not yet added?
  • Custom monsters and sprites that works with the 7.4 environment
  • In-game sounds such as music for different zones (towns, dungeons etc)
  • Blacksmithing & Mining - This has a lot of controversy and is hard to decide what should be craftable. Need more inputs on what you think about this.

bD61_A2fl.png
hank you for taking your time and reading this thread!
Hopefully you liked it and perhaps you will even be able to contribute in the making of the server or perhaps later on play here.

Added a mapping thread which can be found >>here<<

Last edited:
I agree with pretty much anything, but I don't like custom sprites, that's just going TibiaNic way, In-Game sounds is a very interesting fact, looking forward to it.

Some pictures would be good :)

I agree with pretty much anything, but I don't like custom sprites, that's just going TibiaNic way, In-Game sounds is a very interesting fact, looking forward to it.

Some pictures would be good :)
Appreciate your reply!

Of course I can get you some pictures
2PwAjn9KN.png
2ChxygkK6.png
UvmMwGnOR.png
8sxExEtwU.png
rmH-LqJKE.png

I'll get some map editor pictures later too!

The pictures look great.. Can't wait to experience them for real. :D

Regards,
Cody

Testserver will hopefully be available some day next week for those who'd like to try out the server

Great. Looking forward to it.
Ill have more time next week for sure, lol

Regards,
Cody

Been working on quests and NPCs lately. Perhaps soon Ill be able to let people try out the first content and see what they think

Back