• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

certificates errors on android browser

zbizu

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
While visiting otland homepage I get like 3-4 of security-related warnings, something about certificates. Can't do screenshot of that.

"The name of the site does not match the name of the certificate"

Android 2.3.3, htc a7272, browsers: default and dolphin browser mini, can't disable it in browser settings.

We switched over to HTTPS only, and it's going to stay that way. Your device is running very old software, you should look to update or use a different browser.

We switched over to HTTPS only, and it's going to stay that way. Your device is running very old software, you should look to update or use a different browser.
No its your site Mark. I just did a whole slew of research on this problem. I cant access it on google chrome 40 and its because you all have not updated to TLS 1.0 the support for SSL 3.0 has been dropped by chrome latest version. So you are loosing a lot of traffic. Its not his old software its your system not updated. Matter o fact I sent you an email on this. I am having to use firefox to access it but in due time all major browsers will drop SSL 3.0 support due to vulnerabilities in it. You may as well fix it now or you will find yourself with major downtime later on.

If this site is hosted on a provider, id suggest contacting your provider and request that this be addressed. If you host the site on your own server you need to upgrade your certificates.

A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol.
Error code: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Last edited:
^No problems so far on latest Chrome 40 here

you using 114 or 115? It all started when I updated to 40.0.2214.115
Upgraded to 41.0.2272.76 and still exists
Trust me, it will only get worse as people update.

Last edited:
I'm using up to date chrome and here is what I see...

otland.jpg

are you caching the SSL certificate is the question. Today on Thunderbird after update the emails from Otland says the name is a mismatch on the previous certificate. Its all strange, first time ive ever had this problem "mandrillapp" sounds a lil perverted..man...drill :S
I never encountered this before. something strange def going on. If its not with their certificate then something wonky but the cert problem fits the description

pdUPlAi.png

even people on facebook are asking if OTland is dead, you need to stop being so arrogant and listen, your SSL certs are SSL 3 and its no longer supported. Switch to TLS 1.0 -.-
I run websites for a living trust me and if you already updated you should look into why they are not working for updated chrome users. I have no idea on that one but it is the certificate nonetheless

First, a SSL certificate is not a protocol, so our certificate is not "SSL 3", a certificate and a protocol are different things. OTLand does not use or support the SSL v3 protocol. We use TLS and allow version 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. Your technical competence in this matter is non-existent, so cut the bullshit and understand that the problem is at your end. FWIW, SSL is just between you and CloudFlare, and if you're having problems connecting to OTLand you'll have problems with any website that uses CloudFlare SSL. Fix your device.

Yesterday Firefox(Waterfox 36) was telling me OTLand was verified by COMODO something. Today its not for some reason. The site works and worked fine with absolutely no problems.

However, Chrome(latest version) for IOS(7 something) works great and does pick up the site and its new features.

jZdWojl.png

I dont know why you people keep complaining, if the site loads, who cares!

First, a SSL certificate is not a protocol, so our certificate is not "SSL 3", a certificate and a protocol are different things. OTLand does not use or support the SSL v3 protocol. We use TLS and allow version 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. Your technical competence in this matter is non-existent, so cut the bullshit and understand that the problem is at your end. FWIW, SSL is just between you and CloudFlare, and if you're having problems connecting to OTLand you'll have problems with any website that uses CloudFlare SSL. Fix your device.

oh sure, thats why so many are saying it dont work, ok then bro have it your way its your website people cant reach not mine and ummm no I dont have problems at any website using tls..sorry to burst your bubble, good luck with it tho..btw mine works great so probs elsewhere

Not a problem :D
If you look into this you will see what I am talking about. The problem IS in the certificate. Soon Mozilla and every other browser will experience the same issue. If not your good to go, if it does, oh well. Least I know mine works but what do I know my technical experience in this level is non-existent. hope it works out

I don't think so.
Updating browsers seems solving this problem.

Back