• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

certificates errors on android browser

zbizu

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
While visiting otland homepage I get like 3-4 of security-related warnings, something about certificates. Can't do screenshot of that.

"The name of the site does not match the name of the certificate"

Android 2.3.3, htc a7272, browsers: default and dolphin browser mini, can't disable it in browser settings.

I don't think so.
Updating browsers seems solving this problem.

Didnt work here, and a post directly from cloudfare
"Web sites that want to remain trusted by Google Chrome need to either have a SHA-2 certificate or a SHA-1 certificate that expires before 2016. Otherwise, their site will appear to Chrome users with a warning like this (image not included)"

I can only assume that is the problem, kind of a far stretch that tons of users all of a sudden develop the same issue with certificates on servers right?

And mark FYI just because I don't speak Klingon and some of my terminology isnt always spot on.. does not mean I am stupid. Yes im a country boy but far from unintelligent dude. I make 2500 to 3500 a month running and building websites so yeh im a little smarter than you give me credit for

Didnt work here, and a post directly from cloudfare
"Web sites that want to remain trusted by Google Chrome need to either have a SHA-2 certificate or a SHA-1 certificate that expires before 2016. Otherwise, their site will appear to Chrome users with a warning like this (image not included)"

I can only assume that is the problem, kind of a far stretch that tons of users all of a sudden develop the same issue with certificates on servers right?

And mark FYI just because I don't speak Klingon and some of my terminology isnt always spot on.. does not mean I am stupid. Yes im a country boy but far from unintelligent dude. I make 2500 to 3500 a month running and building websites so yeh im a little smarter than you give me credit for

I don't mean to call you stupid, but you aren't giving me much of a choice when you're blaming me and spreading false information in this thread. I will repeat this: OTLand does not run its own SSL configuration, it uses CloudFlare's SSL solution which is configured by them and applies to every website that uses CloudFlare SSL. CloudFlare's SSL configuration is A-grade, so there are no broken ciphers or protocols being used, and it's also widely deployed. Whatever issue you're having is at your end, I don't know why it's happening because you've posted more information about what you suspect is the error at our end rather than told us the specifications of your device.

If you're using Windows XP, which doesn't support SNI, it's about time to update your operating system, it's almost 15 years old.

Have you even checked the expiration?
141mide.jpg

2015, thats the problem right there. I just exported it from firefox into chrome then seen the expiration. They even did a press release about expiring certificates not working in certain browsers, you may want to look into that maybe it will help...maybe not

Last edited:
I don't know what it's going to take to make you realize that the problem is at your end. You're running Windows XP, it's a 15 years old operating system, some applications in Windows XP don't support SNI. Upgrade your operating system and stop spewing out bullshit. You're being ridiculous. If you want to show us how intelligent you are, please go ahead and show us this press release that says expiring certificates will not work in certain browsers, because guess what, every certificate has an expiration date, so it's unfortunate for these "certain browsers" that websites with SSL certificates won't work in them. You'll probably post an article saying that certificates with SHA-1 signature hashes will be deprecated in Chrome or something else completely unrelated to the certificate used on OTLand (which is using sha256 for the signature hash), but I'm looking forward to see the press release you're referring to anyway.

Have you even checked the expiration?
141mide.jpg

2015, thats the problem right there. I just exported it from firefox into chrome then seen the expiration. They even did a press release about expiring certificates not working in certain browsers, you may want to look into that maybe it will help...maybe not
Please respect mark, He is running the website he knows what he need to add..

Please respect mark, He is running the website he knows what he need to add..
Are you the otland police? lol
I respect him, just wondering if that could be an issue, the website said caused some issues. dont matter to me either way, i just use firefox
brownnose points given +5 :p

Are you the otland police? lol
I respect him, just wondering if that could be an issue, the website said caused some issues. dont matter to me either way, i just use firefox
brownnose points given +5 :p
no but. He knows what he is doing, Maybe its true what he says.. Maybe your OS is too old

I don't know what it's going to take to make you realize that the problem is at your end. You're running Windows XP, it's a 15 years old operating system, some applications in Windows XP don't support SNI. Upgrade your operating system and stop spewing out bullshit. You're being ridiculous. If you want to show us how intelligent you are, please go ahead and show us this press release that says expiring certificates will not work in certain browsers, because guess what, every certificate has an expiration date, so it's unfortunate for these "certain browsers" that websites with SSL certificates won't work in them. You'll probably post an article saying that certificates with SHA-1 signature hashes will be deprecated in Chrome or something else completely unrelated to the certificate used on OTLand (which is using sha256 for the signature hash), but I'm looking forward to see the press release you're referring to anyway.

all kinds of articles on it..using the old Otland phrase "google it" if they expire and use SHA 1 then they will cause some problem. I just figured it may be an issue to look at but hey since you wanna be an ass I wont worry bout it, its your site not mine.
https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-and-sha-1-certificates/ even mentioned it back in 2014. Facebook even had the same issue.
anyway I dont give a damn what you do with it. Dont you find it funny that the same OS can run Facebook using https but not here? so much for the old OS theory. anyway like I said hope you figure it out, dont matter me one way or another.

> 2015
> still using XP
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Yeh some of us have bills to pay and very little xtra cash to afford new systems, we dont live in mommys apartment or basement or have luxury of newer things so we make do with what we have. I still find it odd that facebook https works fine and all others with https but not this one.

don't worry I heard windows 10 is going to be free

Window 10 is free now (while they are testing it). Once it is officially released, then it it also supposed to be free for win7 and win8.x users.

Hope its free for all :S. Im an ex fireman, suffered an injury and 64,000 in debt, house near repo, car falling apart and company wont settle :S
so for me, its a luxury to have windows XP :(

Debt in CHF? I feel sorry for you bro.

Hope its free for all :S. Im an ex fireman, suffered an injury and 64,000 in debt, house near repo, car falling apart and company wont settle :S
so for me, its a luxury to have windows XP :(

Dude if you got a system that will support windows 7 then pm me, I can help you get it...

wtf? can't access otland from any mobile browser anymore

@Seksy
I test windows 10 on my second computer and it seems to be stable after couple of updates.
Only thing I miss is old proccess list (now I need tasklist/taskkill in cmd to do same thing)

@Mark I'm still getting connection error while trying to visit otland with my mobile browser. Do you hate mobile users or something?

I can access it no problem on my Android tablet with Google Chrome and the included browser on KitKat. Also, I had no problem on my iPhone like on the past page.

Maybe Mark hates mobile users who access the site from old devices :p

Same here, no issues with android + chrome.
Try to update your phone / browser and see if it works.

Back