• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Changing Client Packets

qndel

Reaction score
There are people botting on my server, so I had that idea - what would happen, if I swapped the move item and logout packets :D
So if a bot would try to autoloot, it would log out instead.
However there is one problem: I have no idea how to achieve that - been messing a bit with hex editor and ollydbg, could somebody point me in the right direction?
Can I do it with ollydbg?

I'm talking about this stuff

"
switch(recvbyte){
case 0x14: // logout
parseLogout(msg);
break;"

- this is from my server, so apparently 0x14 means logout , where can I find it in the client?

If a Player would use logout instead of Auto loot he probably got pz and cant logout anyway..
Wondering if that makes sense, now what would be if you change the client packets to a unkown packet?
For example:
0x1D is move item
0x2A is a empty packet
Now use 0x2A instead of 0x1D and if a Player uses 0x1D he should get banned because the only way to use that packet would be used by a external program.
This will afford a custom Client..
Use ollyDBG to edit your client.

If it is effective againts bots (crash & ban with ban unknown packets), I managed to adapt several clients like tibianic but I lack the packets to be able to finish and I still can not find the way

Back