• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Chile] [8.6] GreedOT 2023 | Saturday 1 July 2023 (7:00 a.m. GMT-4 Chile) | Custom Map | Monster Levels | Upgrade system

Server Website/AAC
https://greedot.net
Server Address
play.greedot.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
A little message from our host. It is possible to have some intermitency between 02:00 a.m. - 06:00 a.m. on July 7 to fix a firmware/software update. Have this on mind if you're playing between this hours ;)
1688707724982.png

There's been some updates on our instagram too, so you can share GreedOT content with your friends.

Instagram.jpgHIST.jpg

And currently there's 12 characters playing at 1:39 a.m. GMT-4 Chile, we're awaiting for more people to come this weekend!
12P.png

Regards :)

A little message from our host. It is possible to have some intermitency between 02:00 a.m. - 06:00 a.m. on July 7 to fix a firmware/software update. Have this on mind if you're playing between this hours ;)

There's been some updates on our instagram too, so you can share GreedOT content with your friends.

View attachment 76587View attachment 76588

And currently there's 12 characters playing at 1:39 a.m. GMT-4 Chile, we're awaiting for more people to come this weekend!
View attachment 76589

Regards :)
Got reports that nothing happened during the maintainance, everything ran smooth. We're happy because our first week had 0 server drops and reached a 99.82% of uptime (including the period of account creations before the opening that corresponds to the 00.18% of offline time).

Today charts ^^
IMG_20230707_172719.jpg

Regards!

We wanted to boost our players early stage a little bit, for this, I changed the upgrade level of identificated items from +1 to +4. In resume, each time you identify an item it will have a chance to automatically be upgraded to +1 or +4 (this will increase it's base attack/defence/etc.)

Our last 48 hours!
1688854167782.png

Regards!

Very good server <3
Recommended 100%
Thanks a lot!

Latest changelogs

Code:
- Added life leech on ranged and melee weapons based on % of damage dealt.
- Added mana leech into ranged weapons, wands/rods based on % of damage dealt.
- Changed wands and rods formula value

Another important change is that our weapons received a life leech and mana leech boost, where melee weapons can be able to get a % of life leech, distance weapons can get life and mana leech, and wands/rods can get a % of mana leech. This recovery will be calculated based on player's damage and the % will be based on item strenght.

1688993325942.png

Considering this, the leech ratio will start at 0.02 and will be adjusted in the future depending on how the system behaves and the feedback received.

A second change
We made an important update to our wands and rods, now their damage will consider more the attack value of the weapon instead of the player's level. For achieve this, the formula of this type of weapon was changed to (level /20) + magicLevel * 0.25 - 0.5) + (attack * 1.25 - 1.5).
1688991365299.png
Our new formula:
Lua:
 (level /20) + magicLevel * 0.25-0.5) + (attack * 1.25 - 1.5)

To achieve our goal we added more level divisions, from 10 to 20 and more attack value multipler, raising it to (* 1.25 min / * 1.5 max). If I use a wand of inferno that has raw attack 55, consider that the damage with increase to 68 as base, but, if your wand have attack 8, this will only raise 10 as base.

Regards!

Last edited:
We're also been adviced that players wanted to train together, or a least been able to see other players while training. This is why we decided to take out our previous training system where players got teleported to a solitary space, and replaced for an usual training room where players can see each other.

Server continues without a single drop. No errors so far with a 99.76% of uptime after 14 days.
Regards!

Today we had our first drop because our connection to the hosting was lost. Just recovered it and act just in time, thanks to our staff that is always attentive to this kind of things. Here's the evidence of the drop. According to otservlist we have lost almost 6 hours of uptime that decreased our percentage to 99.04% that is still a good achivement.

1689733598262.png

In other news, we have increased our experience stages to make mid-late game transition a bit more easier for players, you can see the changes here Greed Online (https://greedot.net/serverinfo.php). We also reduced the extra hitpoints from creature, before it was * 0.04 and now it is set to * 0.025. Have fun!

1689737136864.png

Regards!

Last edited:
We applied a little modification to blessings, considering their cost is calculated the same as Tibia does:
Code:
If level is less than or equal to 30, the price of each blessing is 2,000 gold (10,000 total)
If level is greater than 30 and less than 120, the price of each blessing is 2,000 plus 200 for each level above 30. You can derive a number by subtracting 20 from your level and multiplying by 1,000 (for all 5 blessings)
If level is greater or equal to 120, each blessing will be constant at 20,000 gold (100,000 for all)

Our NPCs used to calculate the blessing cost with the constant of * 1.3 to be the same as Tibia, and Henricus calculate them * 1.1 when you finish Inquisition. Now we changed that constant to * 0.7 and * 0.5 and this greatly decreases the blessing cost to make death penatly a little less harsh. Also here's our latest 7 days charts, we're happy to see that player count it's been increasing since latest updates and we reached 22 days online without a single error in console (99.18% uptime).

1690082877612.png

Regards!

Congratz to our first level 300 player Jorefa, i'm very happy to see how all vocations are really balanced, by having every vocation in the top of highscores. I also attached a little compilation of pictures from players who's playing Greed with lots of enthusiasm.

congratz.png

screens.png

with the staff we're also planning some quite entertaining new things, soon we will provide more information as soon they got released! Greed already reached 26 days online with a 98.6% of uptime that is quite good, overall we haven't get a single error in console. There's also a little raise of players between last 7 days ^^1690347405974.png

Regards!

We have made some minor changes from player's reports, the path to reach Lethal Lissy was fixed in Ferries; we added missing items such as wand of draconia, hibiscus dress and lighting robe to the Rin's and Oaka's shop. Also we have a big change on our engine, we noticed an increase of CPU usage when too many creatures we're lured by too many players, for this, we changed the delay where creatures think which route they'll take.

Our creatures used to "overthink" which path to take because they think too fast, so, we changed that delay to be a little bit slower and see how it goes. This will be monitored during the next days to see if this has a positive impact on CPU usage, for the moment, this sightly modification didn't affect the monsters aggresive behaviour and fit well.

If the CPU goes to high this next days, we will delay this parameter a bit more to achieve our goal (that is, optimizing the server to run as fast as possible). Here goes a quick image of theforgottenserver-x64.exe process that seems to get benefit from this change.
1690694523282.png
1690702528260.png

The server keeps running smooth without a single error in console, with a great 98.77% uptime.
Regards!

Last edited:
We have made some minor changes from player's reports, the path to reach Lethal Lissy was fixed in Ferries; we added missing items such as wand of draconia, hibiscus dress and lighting robe to the Rin's and Oaka's shop. Also we have a big change on our engine, we noticed an increase of CPU usage when too many creatures we're lured by too many players, for this, we changed the delay where creatures think which route they'll take.

Our creatures used to "overthink" which path to take because they think too fast, so, we changed that delay to be a little bit slower and see how it goes. This will be monitored during the next days to see if this has a positive impact on CPU usage, for the moment, this sightly modification didn't affect the monsters aggresive behaviour and fit well.

If the CPU goes to high this next days, we will delay this parameter a bit more to achieve our goal (that is, optimizing the server to run as fast as possible). Here goes a quick image of theforgottenserver-x64.exe process that seems to get benefit from this change.

The server keeps running smooth without a single error in console, with a great 98.77% uptime.
Regards!
what did you change in order to achieve it? there are public commits in tfs? could you share them if so, please?

what did you change in order to achieve it? there are public commits in tfs? could you share them if so, please?
Read this for the explaination TFS A* Algorithm :D (https://otland.net/threads/tfs-a-algorithm-d.282100/page-5#post-2729105) and apply changes from here TFS A* Algorithm :D (https://otland.net/threads/tfs-a-algorithm-d.282100/page-2#post-2706582). Also change
C++:
static constexpr int32_t EVENT_CREATURE_PATH_INTERVAL

To the value you desire; as higher, the less resources will be taken from CPU/RAM. Any question just PM me, regards!

Since it's taking some time to players to know that you can change your city and residence at temple NPCs, I made a new room called Room of Destiny for this propose. Here's a little picture of it, it leads to the 3 main cities (kilika, mi'hen, thais) and 2 sub-cities (roshamuul and greenshore).

change_town.png

This is an incoming change, haven't upload it yet because we want to update everything at once. And when I say everything, is because we're developing funny mazes with challenging creatures to achieve a new dungeon system. This system will allow players to easily get some fossil runes to increase their weapon and equipment pieces more often, and the best thing is that they're going to be avaible every 24 hours.

Anyways, on the other hand we have changes that we already made in the server, so here's some changelogs:
  • We changed the bonus speed on creatures, it used to be X0.025 and now I decreased it to X0.020. It makes it much better to kite creatures right now, than it used to be.
  • We added the talkaction !promotion for faster promotion, some players got lost on where to buy it (you can buy it on temples).
  • We added the sale of upgrade, faith, enchantment, cleansing, alteration and fortune runes in every temple NPCs and Seymour NPC at the cost of 10 crystal coin for each one (100.000 gold coin). This will help player's who is seeking to upgrade an specific attribute on their equipments without caring about paying a high cost.
I specially thank every player who's active on server discussion at discord and whatsapp, they guide me as developer to achieve the best for the server and I always try to listen them. We're also preparing a little increase on experience stages that will be announced soon along with the Room of Destiny and our firsts dungeons.

Regards!

Delayed a bit to post it on otland, but I made some recent changes to the server.
  • Our experience stages have changed, now they decay exponentially until you reach level 500 (* 1). You can see more information at Greed Online (https://greedot.net/serverinfo.php)
  • We added the Room of Destiny to the server, now you can switch residence using this room between the 3 main cities (kilika, mi'hen, thais) and the 2 sub-cities (roshamuul and greenshore)
  • We added the NPC Brother to every teleport room to have it closer and sell much faster, this NPC allows to sell creature products
  • We added Aldo NPC and Elma NPC to the Room of Destiny, Aldo repair boots and Elma sells you many kind of fluids.
  • Added 3 new teleports to the teleports room, for Morgaroth, Ghazbaran and Ferumbras (Citadel + Mini-Rosha)
  • Added PVP-arena entrance at Greenshore with the outcome of 5 PVP entrances for each town
  • Added trainers access to Greenshore and Roshamuul

We have been online for a month and 7 days already, without a single error. We usually don't have any AFK players, our server is built to don't have fake numbers of who's online. Thanks for keep playing Greed! Here's the charts of our last 30 days:

1691463178196.png

Regards!

Since it's taking some time to players to know that you can change your city and residence at temple NPCs, I made a new room called Room of Destiny for this propose. Here's a little picture of it, it leads to the 3 main cities (kilika, mi'hen, thais) and 2 sub-cities (roshamuul and greenshore).

View attachment 77265

This is an incoming change, haven't upload it yet because we want to update everything at once. And when I say everything, is because we're developing funny mazes with challenging creatures to achieve a new dungeon system. This system will allow players to easily get some fossil runes to increase their weapon and equipment pieces more often, and the best thing is that they're going to be avaible every 24 hours.

Anyways, on the other hand we have changes that we already made in the server, so here's some changelogs:
  • We changed the bonus speed on creatures, it used to be X0.025 and now I decreased it to X0.020. It makes it much better to kite creatures right now, than it used to be.
  • We added the talkaction !promotion for faster promotion, some players got lost on where to buy it (you can buy it on temples).
  • We added the sale of upgrade, faith, enchantment, cleansing, alteration and fortune runes in every temple NPCs and Seymour NPC at the cost of 10 crystal coin for each one (100.000 gold coin). This will help player's who is seeking to upgrade an specific attribute on their equipments without caring about paying a high cost.
I specially thank every player who's active on server discussion at discord and whatsapp, they guide me as developer to achieve the best for the server and I always try to listen them. We're also preparing a little increase on experience stages that will be announced soon along with the Room of Destiny and our firsts dungeons.

Regards!
Looks great bro!

We get some excellent news from ZGH, in resume our national/international conection got raised due the raise of maxium prefixes for IPv4 and IPv6.
1691810792186.png
There's also some activity, some quests are started. Here's some pics that has been sent ^^

image3.png

image (1).png
Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-08-11 a las 03.03.48.jpg

And a pic from early test server that I found in my PC (a month ago)...
Tibia86 Screenshot 2023.06.10 - 04.27.34.71.png

And a recorded video of the second labyrinth

Regards!

Last edited:
Some changes arrived this week, to start Monday in the best way! First we thought about the possibility of reduce the waste of profit without increasing the loot directly, for this I asked at support for a script that passively drop potions depending on character's vocation and @pips helped out with the following outcome: TFS 1.X+ - Add vocation to extra loot (https://otland.net/threads/add-vocation-to-extra-loot.285796/#post-2730164)

So, recapping, today we present the following changelog:

• We fixed rusty armors, when you use a rust remover on them the items will now have strenght and the common rarity.
  • We solicitated a script to drop additional potions in dead creatures according to the vocation of who killed it, it will send a message advising the drop, and the drop will be according to monster's difficulty (red, white, green or whatever skull).
  • We added a teleport at Kilika TP-room directly to Annhilator, Inquisition and Demon Helmet quests.
  • Added a second teleport at Kilika TP-room to Fire Axe quest, and a third one to Demon Oak.
  • We added a teleport at Mi'hen TP-room directly to Arena and Pits of Inferno.
  • We reduced all our tasks to the half or less. Very important update, considering the increase on experience stages we made some days ago... We updated the website and the quest-log for killing in the name...
1692013832699.png
1692013870526.png

Thanks for reading,
Regards! :)