• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Choosing Internet.

Don't Blink

Reaction score
Hello,

I was thinking about getting a new internet. I have DSL right now and really want a faster one. I wish i could tell my speed but don't know how. If theres a way please tell me and i can tell you the information you need. I was thinking about choosing Road Runner (RR) Heres the information.

HSD Features:
Upload Speed: 384Kbps
Download Speed: 5000Kbps
Email Accounts: 5
Webspace: 5MB
Dial Up Access: Yes
Static IP Addresses: 0
Dynamic IP Addresses: 1
Requirements: PC: Windows 98 / 2000 / ME / XP Mac: 9.x / OSX Processor PC: Pentium class 400 MHz (800 MHz or greater recommended) Mac: PowerPC Processor (G3 recommended) Memory (RAM) PC: 64 MB (128 MB recommended) Mac: 32 MB physical RAM with Virtual Memory set to at least 40 MB (64 MB recommended) Free Hard Drive Space PC: 110 MB (150 MB recommended) Mac: 30 MB (50 MB recommended) Networking Capability PC: Ethernet card with RJ45 connector or Open slot and free compatible IRQ or Open USB port Mac: Ethernet card with RJ45 connector or Open slot or USB Port (Best Effort) Browser PC: Internet Explorer 5.x (Internet Explorer 6.x recommended) Mac: Internet Explorer 5.x Safari 1.0 (Best Effort) Other PC: CD-ROM drive required sound card and speakers recommended Mac: CD-ROM drive required sound card and speakers recommended

Which one is good? And second theres a line saying "Static IP Addresses: 0" What does that mean? Also Can i host a OT with this internet? Not getting lot of player just like 10 players online.

I think i have this one since they couldn't give me the 6.0 Mbps b/c i was far.

Download Max. Speed of 3.0 Mbps, Upload Max Speed of 384 Kbps. Pricing good for first 12 months when bundled with qualifying services. After 12 months, current list price applies. Pricing applicable to new broadband customers when switching from cable modem service.

I would go for comcast, ordering a premodded modem and use their so called "0/0" configs, which practically gives you the max speeds they got.

All cable modems can be modded to use a unofficial firmware, where you can edit the settings you want and then load the so called "0/0" config onto it. Requires that you have access to cable internet tho.

Lmao to hard to understand. I got a bit of it. I really wanna get something simple. I just wanted to know if Road Runner was good?

Back