• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CIPsoft and otland maps

scheisse

Excellent OT User
Reaction score
Hey people,

I recently started playing tibia again and directly at the beginning i got annoyed by the mapping quality of cips tibia. I rly dont want to sound arrogant, but if you are constantly viewing (amazing) maps on this forum, you might be very disappointed with the cipsoft maps; the stuff in ths thread is by far more creative and atmospheric than the normal tibia maps.

Everytime i see an amazing map i wonder my self why cant cip map the same way; or buy some of the maps. And most importantly do they even know about this thread and all the amazing maps that are being posted here.

I really want cip to become better at mapping and i wouldnt mind if they would buy maps from this forum.

So what about making a sample of some of the best maps and send them via email to cipsoft with the plea to view them and to use them for their server; or at least give them some ideas on how good, creative and atmospheric maps should look like.

What do u think?

Who would like me to send cip some of his maps?

I rly like 2rec, andreww and some more people.

I think the hardest part is to create a coherent world. It's easy to make a couple of nice looking screenshots. But putting them together to form one coherent piece is more difficult. Other than that I will have to agree that the quality of some maps, especially hunting grounds, cater more to efficiency than anything else.

Well, i could simply write a nice and friedly email to them, explain my standpoint and my ideas and try to offer them some kind of a compromise/solution.

Maybe i could orginize some professional contracts between cip and some mappers or make cip putchase some maps.

Or they just get jealous about what othet people do with their sprites, get a bad conscoius because they fail to deliver nice maps and at the end they will feel more motivated to make better maps.

Or the mapping ideas from this forum will simply give em some ideas and they become more creative with their work :)

I think the hardest part is to create a coherent world. It's easy to make a couple of nice looking screenshots. But putting them together to form one coherent piece is more difficult. Other than that I will have to agree that the quality of some maps, especially hunting grounds, cater more to efficiency than anything else.

Couldn't have said it any better.

The idea is nice indeed. BUT i think cipsoft just cares more about map size then quality, thus they already have they own developers of theyr trust (mappers included, that ll not have "map leaks", hidden items/spots,.. its safier) and it works for them, i dont think they need more... its kinda risk and no big returns. If they hire developer from otland they are saying that theyr developers are not good enought, and thats not good for theyr business.
I totally agree with map quality is waaay enjoyfull tho.
if you feel like give it a shot i support you, even that i pretty sure cip just dont care about us.

Well, i could simply write a nice and friedly email to them, explain my standpoint and my ideas and try to offer them some kind of a compromise/solution.

Maybe i could orginize some professional contracts between cip and some mappers or make cip putchase some maps.

Or they just get jealous about what othet people do with their sprites, get a bad conscoius because they fail to deliver nice maps and at the end they will feel more motivated to make better maps.

Or the mapping ideas from this forum will simply give em some ideas and they become more creative with their work :)
Yea do that message cipsoft that there is people doing that and dont forgot to mention that they using their sprites using their shit and making profit of it and include otland in it and give contact of every person so it would be assayer to sue everyone and as a extra bonus link otservlist so they could sue gunzodus or other servers for few millions.

I pretty sure cip knows we exist lol otserver forums and lists. Its not like a email ll expose us

Well, I really would like to give my idea a try. I also dont want to expose anybody. I would simply create a gallery of best screenshoot and send it to them with the advise to the check the forum for further details.

Using their sprites might be illegal, but even in case they wont agree with me, there is not much they can do (otherwose they probably would have done something about this site and RME long time ago).

Cheers

I actually had sent CipSoft an email about mapping and stuff when I was younger and cringier. They were actually rather supportive of my mapping.
But anyway, why I think their mapping is of poorer quality than OtLand's, CipSoft develop content to generally a larger audience and they will most probably have strict budgets around it, they want to get stuff done rather quickly and ensure its playable and that players will be able to make use of it, their mapping has definitely gone downhill over the last few years but I think it's all just to do with budgets and time-frames they want to meet.

Cipsoft knows about opentibia, they've taken inspiration on occasion.

Maps being visually pleasing should never be a priority over the functionality of a map.

Mapping is in the first place about playability;
It needs to be intuitively traversable (by being easily readable).
It has to serve a purpose.
It must be fun to play on.

In essence any player would rather walk in a fun yet ugly map than a beautiful yet disfunctional map.

And then we're not even getting into the business aspect of game design. Cipsoft is after all still a company with deadlines.

Your email wil be in vain.

I've always liked you Scheisse.. you seem to be a nice guy with a positive vibe and big dreams. and i do respect that for sure.
so thats why i will let you use what ever screens and stuff you want that i've posted. i will support your dreams mate!

that being said, not to discourage you in anyway but i think that its very unlikely that CIP will actually do anything about it, but its always worth a try.

@ rokojo, the way put thimgs together might give an impresion that there is no middleway between both principles, playability and beauty.

Look on maps my andrew or 2rec. I think these are the perfect examples how to combine both principles.

Why dont anyone take the real map and just renovate all of it?. Just like when they updated like Venore.

Nemphis, This takes ages trust me.. it is so time consuming.
people might not think about how large the real map is, its huuuuge.

Nemphis, This takes ages trust me.. it is so time consuming.
people might not think about how large the real map is, its huuuuge.

Yea i know. Host a real map server with good rates that people like. And just renovate 2 spawns a week. Just make sure that people know whats happening and make Moneys from p2w and donations meanwhile. (Cause that would happen anyway, AMIRIGHT)

I support you Scheisse, and you are allowed to use any image from my threads, Cipsoft needs to improve it's mapping skills..

Back