• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cipsoft are able to take us to court?

Should OTland make sprite pack for free use in tibia?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
S

Shadow_

Hello guys,
All of us here gathered because we are developing our tibia servers but why i made this thread is because i have no idea what may happen if my server succeeded, is it possible to be judged because it is illegal? if the answer is yes how i can continue developing my OT legally?

Ask Charles Babbage or Alan Turing. Are they angry with new computers of the present times? Should they sue all these current brands?

Same thing Tibia and Otland. Otland helped create something from Tibia, which will one day evolve into something much larger than Otland or Tibia, or Otland and Tibia together.

So my friend, do not worry. Go ahead with your projects and innovate!

Ask Charles Babbage or Alan Turing. Are they angry with new computers of the present times? Should they sue all these current brands?

Same thing Tibia and Otland. Otland helped create something from Tibia, which will one day evolve into something much larger than Otland or Tibia, or Otland and Tibia together.

So my friend, do not worry. Go ahead with your projects and innovate!
You have no idea how perfect you are in motivating 😂

If they cared about it, they would have done it a long time ago.
just heard about some ots closed because cipsoft so i had to be sure before releasing anything about my project

Medivia was never on cipsoft watch and what you're saying is just a gossip

I mean that's why I said as far as I know, I was playing Destiny and people were talking about it, then out of no where all the sprites changed. I've heard countless people talk about it as well, so either it's a well spread rumor or there was some substantial backing behind it. Either way, I doubt Cipsoft even cares to be honest, they're milking their pay cheques until it ends.

Once Medivia started charging users for premium accounts / other sales then they would need their own sprite packs and client, since they would technically be making money off of using Cipsoft's product. This is the main reason most servers use "donations" rather than "selling" donor items/goods.

If your server does become very successful, (such as Medivia) you would probably want to use your own sprites/client anyways, since you are limited with only what Cipsoft creates, which isn't much.

dude do you have any idea of how many sprites are you talking about? 🤔 and for FREE
do you have any idea how much should it cost to make OTClient or TFS ? there is something called contributions i know iam talking about 10k,20k but there are already about 1k-2k so i don't think its hard to be done

This has been talked about multiple times before. Several projects have been started.

This is the largest repo of free to use sprites we have on the forum afaik.

Feel free to contribute and use.

do you have any idea how much should it cost to make OTClient or TFS ? there is something called contributions i know iam talking about 10k,20k but there are already about 1k-2k so i don't think its hard to be done
actually 394.296 sprites, remember that there are animations and rotations :p

Once Medivia started charging users for premium accounts / other sales then they would need their own sprite packs and client, since they would technically be making money off of using Cipsoft's product. This is the main reason most servers use "donations" rather than "selling" donor items/goods.

If your server does become very successful, (such as Medivia) you would probably want to use your own sprites/client anyways, since you are limited with only what Cipsoft creates, which isn't much.

Cipsoft had never even contacted Medivia, Iryont just wanted to develop his "own game" and that was all behind their changes. Stop spreading these false rumours as if Cipsoft sued them or tried to.

I mean that's why I said as far as I know, I was playing Destiny and people were talking about it, then out of no where all the sprites changed. I've heard countless people talk about it as well, so either it's a well spread rumor or there was some substantial backing behind it.

It is because Iryont once mentioned changes were done due to "legal issues", so people immidiately came up with "theories" of a court case against Medivia. In fact, he only said that because he knew it would be easier to accept for some players, and the "issues" he meant were with making Medivia a recognizable separate game (e.g. possibility to get on Steam and this kind of stuff). He also suspected one day Cipsoft would eventually contact him, but they never did, and he never claimed they had. It was his own independent decision to chop off Tibia roots.

Last edited:
Only OT that has been sued was PxG, but not by Cipsoft. Problem was Pokemon TradeMark (logo and name). They change game name and get rid of the problem.

I think that you can have problem only if you start a very successful rl Tibia OT. Custom OTs should be fine, because Cipsoft didn't care.

Medivia changed their sprites because of the pokemon go boom. Jk

Anyone wants zezenia sprites? i have them all

Back