• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Client crashes 10.98. Latest TFS.

Simonalina

Solutions
Reaction score
Error Report full.png
everytime i get crash, this is exacly the same window that pop ups.. (most of time when im doing a spel, but also when im just running without attacking)

does anyone know what it means?

network.cpp
control.cpp
Communcation.cpp
map.cpp

and this Bug 0000013
Im woundering if it has to do with what it say? MAPSIZE_X-1? <-- wrong with map size?

im using TFS latest items.otb/xml
Yes i made "Cleanup" in mapeditor.

@Evil Puncker
It must be something with protocol or items.otb.
First packet on screen is 15775 bytes and previous packet is 0. It means it's 'login' packet.
As error says, that packet was saved to packet.log... now starts great fun! Read that packet byte by byte, compare with TFS protocol (what it should send) and find bug in that. There is error 'invalid item id 43776'. It means that previous item had wrong format (missing count/charges or other item attribute).
1615717296434.png

@Evil Puncker
It must be something with protocol or items.otb.
First packet on screen is 15775 bytes and previous packet is 0. It means it's 'login' packet.
As error says, that packet was saved to packet.log... now starts great fun! Read that packet byte by byte, compare with TFS protocol (what it should send) and find bug in that. There is error 'invalid item id 43776'. It means that previous item had wrong format (missing count/charges or other item attribute).
View attachment 56261
Does me and @Evil Puncker have the same problem?

I tried to make ALOTS of animals standing just still, and there is no errors or client crash if they don't move..
this is really wierd.. im actually trying to force this bug somehow but its impossible...

Only hapens when monsters is moving outside the screen? wierd...

if someone can check some files or anything please add me on Discord and we will also update here about everything!

Discord: SimonT#7219

testar.png

Last edited:
Does me and @Evil Puncker have the same problem?
Connect by OTC / OTCv8 and make screens of errors in console - most important is first error. They tell much more than cipsoft client.

First step to remove some error is to find a way to reproduce it. Is it some location? Is it some monster?

Last edited:
Lua:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32937 31193 11, stackpos:4
at:
    [C++]: ?getMappedThing@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VThing@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@@Z
ERROR: no thing
at:
    [C++]: ?parseTileRemoveThing@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
ERROR: no thing at pos:32936 31194 11, stackpos:3
at:
    [C++]: ?getMappedThing@ProtocolGame@@QAE?AV?$shared_object_ptr@VThing@@@stdext@@ABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@3@@Z
at:
    [C++]: ?parseTileRemoveThing@ProtocolGame@@AAEXABV?$shared_object_ptr@VInputMessage@@@stdext@@@Z
This code is coming everytime im using sudden death rune on monsters with my OTHER character (using MC) and i don't even see my GM on screen..

And this code im getting on my character that i play

Code:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32928 31187 10, stackpos:2
at:
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32942 31198 12, stackpos:1
at:
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32929 31184 10, stackpos:1
at:
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32929 31183 10, stackpos:3
at:
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32929 31184 10, stackpos:1
at:
at:
ERROR: no thing at pos:32930 31185 10, stackpos:1
at:
at:

okay we finally might have spotted it down (thanks to forgee) and have a fix for this!!!!
apply these changes, recompile your server and tell us if the crashes still occurs!

@Simonalina @SorketROrk @forgee @Gesior.pl :D
Allright guys! i have tried my server now with:
5 characters online. (Hunting with spells and runes)
alot of monsters on map (Different monsters also)

I used both clients when testing!
Tibia normal 10.98,
OtclientV8.

And the good thing!? No errors and No bugs anymore!

very good job
with finding what causes this problem, and lets hope it will work out good for everyone else!

Big thanks to @forgee @Evil Puncker @Gesior.pl

Hallo: I have somethink like that from otbr src, it's not:

Code:
void ProtocolGame::sendRemoveTileCreature(const Creature* creature, const Position& pos, uint32_t stackpos)

only:

Lua:
void ProtocolGame::sendRemoveTileThing(const Position &pos, uint32_t stackpos)
{
    if (!canSee(pos))
    {
        return;
    }

NetworkMessage msg;
    RemoveTileThing(msg, pos, stackpos);
    writeToOutputBuffer(msg);
}

someone can help me how put this fix?

Thanks you so much!

I fix this like that, it's also correct?

Lua:
void ProtocolGame::sendRemoveTileThing(const Position &pos, uint32_t stackpos)
{
    if (stackpos < 10) {
        if (!canSee(pos)) {
            return;
        }

NetworkMessage msg;
        RemoveTileThing(msg, pos, stackpos);
        writeToOutputBuffer(msg);
        return;
    }

NetworkMessage msg;
    msg.addByte(0x6C);