• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Client debug problem

The New Guy

Reaction score
Hello,
So I got this odd problem that I'm having problems to figure out how to solve.

This specific debugs happens in Edron magic-shop.
One character stands at NPC Sandra (potion seller of Edron), while another character(or even NPC) stands in the magic-towers at the floor Zoltan stands on.
When a the second character(Zoltan character) walks to the left, and entering the screen-range for the char at Sandra's Shop, the client of that character debugs with this message on the client:
CxIyktEbW.jpg

As far as I get it, it has something to do that the game sends something wrong.

To make it more detailed, if the character at Zoltan lvl stands as long to the left as possible before debug, this Zoltan character is "known" in the Sandra-Chars client, so moving back and forth horozinal doesn't create a crash, but if the Zoltan-char disappears to the right, out of the screen of Sandra's.. and enter on another pos.x height, the Sandra's client will crash.

I tried a theory that it was caused because the two characters are within screen range, but there's roof and lvl difference so you can't see each other, and that would create the debug as the game would present the Zoltan char as if it was watchable from Sandra, so I removed all floors and roofs above the test-positions.
But that didn't change it.

This debug only happens in this kind of event, floor difference is between floor 7, and 4.
I tried to re-create the debug on houses west of the shops with 2 lvls floor difference, but the debug was not makeable there.

If you have any clue where in C++ I can look for the problem, or maybe even know the solution, please let me know.
I've been sitting on Protocolgame editing "sendMoveCreature" for hours now and tried different things to prevent the debug.

So please, if you have any idea, please tell me, else I'd highly appreciate a free bump to keep this thread visible until I figure out how to fix it =)

Edit:
Also, doing same thing to create the debug (walking to the left from right and entering screen-range), but you do it by teleporting with a gm char, there's no debug.
The debug is only created while walking
(Sandra char stands still the whole time during all events)

Last edited:
I tried to re-create the debugs one floor above "Zoltan", Floor 3. and it was possible to crash the client using the same method :(

Edit:
tried to reverse the debug, by moving the "Sandra-Char". it's not possible to crash the character on floor 7 by walking right in any way.
Only by walking with the Zoltan character.

Last edited:
no need anymore, I followed the path of creaturemove and found the causing codes.. old and outdated ones that had to be rewritten, now I don't have that problem anymore ^^

Back