• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Client Launcher

Perun

nems.online
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, i made it yesterday (in C#), and i want to ask you, what more should i add for this launcher?

Available options for now:
-Reading news from server
-Including images to news
-Update Client + updater files
-Checking client/updater version and compare them with newest versions from website
-Play Button (launch Client)
-Animation those 3 images on the right side. (Change image every 5 seconds).

j9l29Af.png

yes i know, design sux - working on that :D

##Language System
YryNa97.png

dBZRVCu.png

FOXTwuo.png

Last edited:
looking really good there well done, probably a help button and stuff like that which is common could be added or a language filter.

Very cool!
it will be released?
I don't know yet :D

//Update
-Added multi language system
-Added config options

For now example news in file on server:
Code:
<news>test news!</news>
<newsOpiseng>02/17/2015
English text here
</newsOpiseng>

<newsOpisbr>02/17/2015
Brasil text here
</newsOpisbr>

i will change tommorow that 'newsOpis' for 'newsDesc' + you can add a lot of languages fast.
dBZRVCu.png

YryNa97.png

do it open source pls i rly want to learn c & c++ and examples like this are the best way to i think

Stupid and maybe off-topic question; how do you prevent the client execute without the launcher?

I would change/add little things really.. like changing the 'exit' to a 'X' and maybe add a create account button. I think keeping the launcher GUI as clean as possible is the way to go.

Stupid and maybe off-topic question; how do you prevent the client execute without the launcher?
Just need attach simple DLL to client, which prevent run your client without parametr, and make to launcher run your client with this parametr.

I would change/add little things really.. like changing the 'exit' to a 'X' and maybe add a create account button. I think keeping the launcher GUI as clean as possible is the way to go.
Today i gonna change it.

Can't tell from the picture, but being able to click on the images to the right as a direct link to the website might be a nice feature if it's not already. It seems pretty standard that website links are always the big flashy pictures nowadays so I think most people will try to click it anyway :)

Can't tell from the picture, but being able to click on the images to the right as a direct link to the website might be a nice feature if it's not already. It seems pretty standard that website links are always the big flashy pictures nowadays so I think most people will try to click it anyway :)
WTF YOU ALIVE?

Back