• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Closed.

First...

Get imgsnapper.

Then, post better images.
Then, I will check the temple :p

Sorry, but I think it's fugly because of the blue floor + that it's a teleporter temple.
I also don't like the fact that the DP is ontop of the temple, but that is just personal preference.
Sorry, but I dont think I can post any constructive critisizm on this one... :/

Things that look weird to me:
1. To me, It has no "Temple Feel" to it.
2. No Monk / NPC in it at all.
3. The Flooring types (To many different ones)
4. Alot of the depots are facing the wrong way. (The little Key thingy is supposed to be facing the player :F)
5. No windows.
6. The gate, it seems to have no use at all, perhaps open the bottom section of it and Bam, u got urself another entrance.
7. On the depot floor, the walls are Very weird to the left and I am quite sure that the wall is 1 square to much to the left and is therefor Floating.
And the wall 1sqm to the left of the stairs, why are they going inwards like that? :p
8. another small thing, which isn't really THAT noticable, but there are mountain borders INSIDE the wall on the first floor (left of the staircase).

And oh, the staircase leading down the the first floor has the wrong type, use the one without the staircase in (the one with the black tile border and just black inside it). This way people can watch what is happening near the staircase if they are in the depot.

I hope this helps in some way atleast to point out some flaws and stuff.... XD
I'm quite tired, so hopefully this wasn't to harsh.
Also, sorry if it's a bit confusing at some parts.. I just.. Cant be arsed..
Good Luck

Looks a bit strange, personaly I never work with tp server styles, but I quess it could work on a server with like 999x exp. Still you can use some architecture (like pillars) and different shape in the building, specialy the depot part looks a bit boring.
What you also can do, if you go higher floor, you don't have to keep the same shape, you can change to a different (smaller) shape and add some roof (yalahar roof ramps for example) on the open spots. This already can give a better effect.
Also you can work on the walls, adding few windows for example on some places, wall lamps, different (matching) walls, and maybe add some plants on the walls.

Just some ideas that might help you, best thing is just to try some things, and look in what way it will turn out the best.
Good luck mapping.

Last edited:
2rSV.png

There you go

Looks better, but it still has some quite un-necessary stuff.
Like when you go up the stairs, there is 2 squares southwest and 2 squares northwest that are quite empty.

Also:
You might want to stop posting new replies all the time :p
If you forgot to mention something, just edit your last post.

It already looks better, but you shouldn't let the plants grow inside the building.
About the roof, I actualy ment something totaly different. Best way if you use that kind of roof, use it on small parts, like parts of different floors or higher parts of the building, to keep the roof idea real. This looks a bit unrealistic.

Here is an example of a few options, but ofc you can make it in alot different ways.

dakjes.jpg

You can also go for the normal yalahar roofs, or other roofs if you want to keep the shape.
And I think adding a few wall lamps would look nice too. :)

Last edited:
Looks alot better now.
Altough, fix the stairs so that its just 1 (because when you go up the stairs, 2 depots (left and right) have to be sidestepped to, which can be annoying.
So put a staircase in the middle of the 2 and it will work better for players.

Back