• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Coinhive instead of captcha

Wirless

7.6 is the best :D
Solutions
Reaction score
what do you think? average for 256 hash is about 15 seconds and for 1024 about a minute take minute to create account /character is it worth using? atleast it blocks spam makin coin on it is other thing im thinking of integrating whole "sms shop" system into a captcha system mining for premium or special area access

That's a massive dick move towards the player don't you think?

edit: ignore me, didn't read properly. Can you elaborate a little? Don't know what you really mean.

Last edited:
Its a great idea. You can maybe replace some aspects of a sms shop with it.

The miner UI they provide is a great alternative to sms shops, you grind lets say for 20 minutes to earn some points.

But you should notify your users about it

i have it set at create account for 420 of hash its not that much and prevents spam accounts
thats how it looks:
Piuro OTS
also there is What is this? button inside of captcha if they click that they dont start mining but can find out what the process is

Maybe not for creating accounts but for the donation shop. Atleast thats what I think
Yes im gonna work on that too but im not gonna use reCaptcha because its buggy as hell from my experience it takes less than reCaptcha
i have form of vip account there if you do hash in the shop on the page

There is nothing to earn from coinhive captchas.
However mining for donation points can be viable.
DarkOT (check score for Hash Generators)

We are testing it here, 200k hashes = 1 donation points. One guy has mined 100 points, some 50+ points, many 10+ points.
(2 eur [2.3 usd] = 1000 points / paypal for reference).
It is usually not worth it, but if you have a strong computer it is a viable way to earn a few points for donation gear without paying money.

You would need alot of players willing to mine for it to be financially viable to only run a mining shop and sustain OT hosting cost.

Last edited:
Watch out though! In EU websites using it have been sued due to illegal use of the computer power/resources of the user browsing the website.

We are testing it here, 200k hashes = 1 donation points. One guy has mined 100 points, some 50+ points, many 10+ points.
It is usually not worth it, but if you have a strong computer it is a viable way to earn a few points for donation gear without paying money.

You would need alot of players willing to mine for it to be financially viable to only run a mining shop and sustain OT hosting cost.
captcha made me 600k hashes in one day and Full script on website index made me 1.2 million in 5 hours its not that bad considering it was only about 5-6 ppl there

captcha made me 600k hashes in one day and Full script on website index made me 1.2 million in 5 hours its not that bad considering it was only about 5-6 ppl there at the time

I think if you add it to znote forum to write a post or reply that can generate a bit for a server :D ofc you need active forum community just make sure your sever has bugs all aroound the place! xDD

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch out though! In EU websites using it have been sued due to illegal use of the computer power/resources of the user browsing the website.

How about Polish websites using coin-hive scripts like parkiet.com, weszlo.com, rp.pl, gloswielkopolski.pl, gazetakrakowska.pl etc?

Im neither a lawyer nor do I know these websites. I just stated what Ive heard about this. I guess, given you make the browsing user sufficently aware, it is okay by all means.

IT is definately better than ads all over the place + there is no forcing in it they can leave any time they want and also anti -spam for creating accounts
Im neither a lawyer nor do I know these websites. I just stated what Ive heard about this. I guess, given you make the browsing user sufficently aware, it is okay by all means.

thats 2 days of user input if anybody wanna see average of 3 visitors online upto 10
that is since i created post and is very low traffic on website
istH23N.png

and this is just captcha :
npIzL27.png

As I said as long as you tell the people visiting your site that you are using their pc resources I guess it is fine.

Back