• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[]Colonia - The sandbox mmo [Tibia + Minecraft][Scripters needed]

MindRage

Toss Me
Reaction score
Hey, So i am looking for some scripters and peeps who are interested in helping me with a highly scripted sandbox server :3

Dont go away if its too long, its worth the read :3

The things that are in focus are:

- Building
- Crafting
- Terrain forming
- Magic
- Alchemy
- Farming and Taming
- Population
- Guilds and Towns
- War system between towns
- Exploring

Building:

Building will be a pretty major part of this server, You basically have just to use an item on a ground to build a wall
And all items will me auto bordered :3, To create this you will have these methods:
You gather material like in minecraft, simply destroy terrain or others materials(only possible during war)
Or trought alchemy, which i will explain later in this text.

The way of building things are simple you use a packet of resources within you town limits to put upp walls,
Since there will be alot of diffrent building objects there needs to be methods of crafting it.

Crafting:

To craft things you need resources and to create diffrent things with the same resources you simply use the resource near
a bench or itself. it will show up an NPC trade window with all available craftable items so you can "Buy them"
Then ofc they will be able to use things fast.

Since its almost any scripters dream to make cool scripts, we were thinking of bringing it to players, by allowing redstone like
features in the server, but with alot more components than minecraft.
activation types will ofc be limited to single events such as onStepOnTile, OnUseButton onUseLever.

Terrain Forming:

Since the map will be a very basic but large continent without any custom mapping, only basic itemids that are affected by gameplay.
We will add certain features that allows you manipulate the map AND it will be left after server save.
What makes this server better is that it saves the progress of the entire map, digging a mine will be saved for the public.

Ofc since our map is not randomly generated, it will takes more time to remove terrain or place terrain also :3
But this allows terrain to have health (storage by action id) Which in this case give alot more combat ablilities :3

Magic:

Since magic is a very very dull part or real tibia, i was thinking of spicing it up abit, by doing a magicka like magic system,
but with alooot more variation. a total of 36 elements (wont say all, its a secret) which are tiered and crafted together with other elements.
And 7 casting ways adds about~ 21936950640377856 diffrent possiblities to cast. ((36 ^ 10) * 6) - 10 elements can be stacked at the same time.

Runes can be triggered with redstone-like thingies and they are crafted in a way i wont tell yet :p

Magic will also be able to affect terrain and damage it. And that will make magic become a very good destruction on towns,
The whole point of the warefare is for the guilds to become the most powerful, by using the entire sandbox abilities with the server.

Alchemy:

Alchemy is a way to craft raw materials, which are not accessible by pure destruction of terrain.
it will be alot of materials available when alchemy kicks in.
You have liquids that are about infinite diffrences, vials can have 65535 diffrent brews, so thats how you can craft potions.

Farming and Taming:

There will be no summoning capablities of all creatures, only elementals trought magic.
But thats what taming and farming kicks in, cause you can tame almost any animal,
And if they are mountable they will increase speed/maxhealth and the animal will die if you die.

Farming will be able to make fruits/trees other types of resources.
But also animal farming will be possible, but harder ofc, since there is small chances of pairing.

Population:

Well the continent will not be completely empty, since the villages around will be filled with npcs.
These npcs can be recruited to you towns as shopsmen guards, diffrent jobs, But ofc you need to work for it also.
You have to do random daily quests for some farmers, etc etc to make them move to your town.

Guilds and Towns:

Since guilds will be the heads of towns, Each town will make guilds choose thier ways,
They can choose to be neurtral, Entering thier town will not trigger any kind kill allowance.
But if the town choose to be Agressive, they can kill any townmember entering thier town, but the ones that enter will be warned.
Killing a player without being in a town or killing a person inside a neurtral town will give the guild a bad alignment.
killing one from a bad guild will give your guild a better alignment, if they are skulled in a neutral town.

Town will have a square radius depending on how many are in your guild, and no, each member requires a certain level before it counts as a "guild member"
to extend the radius

The start radius is 8 sqm, and increases by 4 each member with level 40 or above,

since there needs to be a distance between each town the minimum distance will be 80 tiles from another town

Towns need a minimum of 4 members over level 40 to be founded, since there is a limited amount of space :3

War system between towns:

Declaring wars against other towns is about killing the other guild in any of the towns in war.
The town reaching the limit of 10 kills per member of the total guilds members will be able to destroy the other towns material/take over the town
If the other ones accept the war ofc.

Exploring:

Since the map is going to be very very very large, depends on the amount of players playing,
You can actually go under water and go by boat in water.
So you can travel to other islands and create settlements there.
But there is always some kind of limit to make things go slower :3

So i will think of something more here..

Anyways if you are intrested in helping this project, You need to have decent knowledge in lua or Python (Most likely we will use pyot due to the streamed map to make larger maps without memory issues)

So if you know lua i want you to send a pm with email adress/ or msn adress,
and make a table containing random functions, use of lua std libraries and some tile manipilations.

For python, i want you to simply show how to use pyot :3

Gladly looking forward replies
Yours,
Mindrage

I would be interested in helping, but i cant script at all.
I have my own minecraft server, thats it...
Gl anyway :D

Minecraft is nice, But no way of scripting in the client :(, It lacks alot of flexibility, modding is just to insecure to be used officially :p

btw MAGIC MOOOOOOOSHROOOOMS 8D

Before getting too excited about this, cause the idea sounds great, I need to ask this one huge question.

How do you plan to save terrain/buildings that are made on the map by players?

if you've read the text a bit, someones fixing a save function atm, Its basically done :p
or In Pyot, The maps can be saved in sectors.

Bukkit is minecraft, and well im focusing on tibia, what i meant is that what i know from my own experience, OT has more possibilities to interact between client and server, since minecraft for now has too little content to use properly for an RPG XD

Bukkit is minecraft, and well im focusing on tibia, what i meant is that what i know from my own experience, OT has more possibilities to interact between client and server
I know you are focusing on Tibia, though building terrain and other things in game that is 2D and has top-down view will be terrible.

since minecraft for now has too little content to use properly for an RPG XD
There are a lot of Minecraft servers which have RPG systems. Money, skills, guilds, monsters and other things. Also since 1.8 there is experience bar.

I've tried with minecraft stuff, its almost impossible without modding the client and the data transfered is hell.
Tibia serves as a good platform for my plans :3

i could go make my own server/game, but hell it takes way to much time to make something from the start, much better to start developing content :3

I agree with Mindrage, if he can get it working properly and the way he wants through TFS, then he can further his progression into his own game if he really wants to. I'm not the best in Lua MindRage but I'd give it my damnnest to learn to help.
[email protected]

Well, Tell me what you can and i will explain to you the basic stuff.

I've done a few npcs and such, nothing big. But mainly Addons. You can see one of my scripts in the resource section. It's based off of real tibia. I know there is ways to shorten it, but I'm still learning those at the moment.

Nice, Mindrage, but about Minecraft, there is Client-side Spoutcraft and Server-side Spout this project is about closing the gap between Server and Client thus allowing to create client mods and server plugins with ease. AFIAK I think they have the API for full modding(that or it's up next with the next update) which will allow you to make custom blocks, GUI enhancements, sound, etc.

@MindRage:
Not that hard to develop simple game engine, there are a lot of free libraries that offer physics and other stuff.

Well sure, but im thinking serverwise and its hard to sync physics trough network, so i wanted to make a simplified physics that has my own features

This would be interesting, if it goes through ill follow this project. I'd love to help but im not that advanced at scripting yet.

Back