• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Community Project Server

Well,
The same idea came to my mind quite often within the last weeks/months...
But i think nowadays it wouldnt work out anymore :/
Not enough contributors and even less players :/
Best of luck though :)

Well,
The same idea came to my mind quite often within the last weeks/months...
But i think nowadays it wouldnt work out anymore :/
Not enough contributors and even less players :/

22,000 daily players is plenty, and even 20-50 online players is enough to keep a server interesting.

And if you also help, in the last few hours we already have 5 contributes.

Yeah i might help out now and then but currently school is killin me!

Yeah i might help out now and then but currently school is killin me!

There is no obligation for anyone to participate and there will be no deadlines.
This project is meant to be fun, easy-going, and a place for people to learn from each other and show off their talents.

I'm able to create new sprites for custom client xD
how we start?

We will get started after I get the base server online. Probably Monday (I am supposed to finish a dungeon of one of my own servers this weekend so I won't be able to work on this till that is done, unless I postpone it lol)

What should we call this server?

Otland Community Project?
otlandcommunityproject.com is available lol

I'd like to help but I can't start until I am done with my exams. I have exams tomorrow and monday,tuesday and wednesday and then i'm on holiday. I'm a novice at ot's but I guess I could be useful for something? And I'm eager to learn! I've always wanted to make my own server and have played tibia for a couple of years.

I think pretty much any website like otland(.+).com is available xD

if i get the time i'll contribute with some maps, maybe some basic storylines that people can build on.
also make it a cool name xD that people will remember but also fits the theme: Communia for example.(not that i think its very cool but nothing else came to mind this instant i'll brainstorm some more later) :p

love the idea and i hope this works :)

I'd like to help but I cannot start until I am done with my exams. I have exams tomorrow and monday,tuesday and wednesday and then i'm on holiday. I'm a novice at ot's but I guess I could be useful for something? And I'm eager to learn! I've always wanted to make my own server and have played tibia for a couple of years.

Everyone is welcome to help.

I am actually pretty excited about this project. After making servers alone for all these years it should be interesting to see everyone's ideas coming together into one server, I wonder what the end-product will end up like.

I think pretty much any website like otland(.+).com is available xD

Yea I know, that was why I put "lol" at the end xD

if i get the time i'll contribute with some maps, maybe some basic storylines that people can build on.
also make it a cool name xD that people will remember but also fits the theme: Communia for example.(not that i think its very cool but nothing else came to mind this instant i'll brainstorm some more later) :p

love the idea and i hope this works :)

Thanks for your support :) and I agree with it needing a catchy name.

Indeed sounds very exciting and the end product will be something to remember, why don't you make some sort of group chat or something, somehow if you get everything done by monday ;)

Indeed sounds very exciting and the end product will be something to remember, why don't you make some sort of group chat or something, somehow if you get everything done by monday ;)

Actually if this project gets on it's feet, I will pay for a hosted Ventrilo and Website and anything else we need.

What about items on server? Do we keep old progression of them? Personally I would prefer more apples vs oranges problems against oh its +1 to attack. Progression is very good, but Tibia's did oversimplify it and there were no proper choices. Giving special abilities to base items and some crafting system with trade-offs would make it more interesting to progress in game, where most equipment choices are obvious.
Also skilling. For me it does nothing but bore players. It brings no additional gameplay, except maybe luring some weak creatures and boring another player who is summoner. Shouldn't we think of other way to allow characters to progress? Similar bad design was old-school runemaking. Shouldn't there be more exciting(or at least less time consuming) ways to prepare to the hunt and progress character? They should be obviously kept simple, so it won't be burden to learn.

What about items on server? Do we keep old progression of them? Personally I would prefer more apples vs oranges problems against oh its +1 to attack. Progression is very good, but Tibia's did oversimplify it and there were no proper choices. Giving special abilities to base items and some crafting system with trade-offs would make it more interesting to progress in game, where most equipment choices are obvious.
Also skilling. For me it does nothing but bore players. It brings no additional gameplay, except maybe luring some weak creatures and boring another player who is summoner. Shouldn't we think of other way to allow characters to progress? Similar bad design was old-school runemaking. Shouldn't there be more exciting(or at least less time consuming) ways to prepare to the hunt and progress character? They should be obviously kept simple, so it won't be burden to learn.

That's the thing, since this is a community made server, we can do whatever we want, as long as most people agree it is a good idea.

I agree with just about everything you said. There are MUCH better ways to do things than we have seen on tibia.

Whos hosting the server?

Flatlander will be hosting the project, and will pay for a hoster when it comes time for a live server to be up.

Also, I'm setting up the base of the server right now.. anyone who is interested in taking part of this community project, these are the steps you need to follow:

1. Download Dropbox and make an account
2. Download Ventrilo, as this is where me and Flatlander spend most of our time, and it's the easiest way for us to communicate
3. Leave your email and what 'role' you see yourself as filling/best at

Will be accepting almost anyone to this project (thats what open means..), but to add you to the dropbox, I need your email.

Don't worry so much about the role you wish to fill, as with working with a server, it is virtually impossible to take up only one role.
Pretty much everyone will do a little bit of everything.

Also, don't worry so much about your 'skill' level, as far as scripting/mapping/etc goes, as everyone has to start somewhere, and regardless of your skill level, what you add to the test server has to go through the 'testing' phase, and be accepted by the majority of contributors.

If you feel unsure about what you are adding, just talk to some of the other contributors (this is the point of ventrilo) then, and we'll all try to work together.

One thing I do ask is if you want to take part, that you at least have some control over the English language, this is a global community, and I will literally take anyone from anywhere, but for communication purposes, being able to speak(or at least have a base understanding of) English will help massively.

Target date is Monday for this, but feel free to start giving me your emails so I can add you to the dropbox.

(Thinking this over, I guess I should have posted this in the job application section)

Last edited:
Ever since I moved my OTS development to Github I have thought about starting a discussion about an "Open Source OTS" but I forgot to make it :/

How are you developing this? and how do people contribute?

My skills are not plentiful but if you want I can PM you a link to my Github repo so that look at what I have been doing in there.

Just to let you know and provide a little support. This is astounding to me as a player. I am looking forward to this work. What an amazing idea!!!

I like the idea but with people playing your server how will you provide updates while people are currently online making progress with what is currently available to them?

With this type of project will you let people play from the beginning or will you wait til you decide you have enough content?
I am looking forward to this and am hoping this will be open to players as soon as possible. My hope is that it won't come with a beta tag but instead a disclaimer explaining that it is a work in progress forever as something the OT community will always be working on infinitely. Tibia is a infinite level game and it is only right that some type of project like this comes out.

This is exactly the type of thing the community needs and I hope the management in this team can provide the players exactly what is needed to continue interest in this game.

Back