• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling OT client VS2015. Libs missing

2giersz

Reaction score
I am trying to compile it on Windows in Visual Studio 2015. I am doing all steps described in: https://github.com/edubart/otclient/wiki/Compiling-on-Windows
At the and I can't compile because glew32.lib is missing. I found it in Internet and linked it to project. After that zlib1.lib is missing. It repeats over and over...
I included /lib folder from 'OTClient Extra Libraries' but there are no .lib files only some .a and .pc files. Does anyone have the full set of all required libraries?

I've been struggling with that for few hours yesterday and had no luck compiling it by using this guide. However I found a old tutorial (link) and it worked fine (aside from 19 warnings, but hey, at least it's compiling and working so far). The only 2 things I did, which aren't included in the tutorial, was using VS 2013 compiler in 2015 Visual Studio. You can do that by choosing Windows 8.1 and 8.0/8.1 Phone in the install menu and then if it asks to update the project into newer compiler just say "no". The second thing is changing
Code:
#include <al.h>
#include <alc.h>
to:
Code:
#include <AL/al.h>
#include <AL/alc.h>
in declarations.h

So, I'd recommend you to follow this guide step by step and post results here. I can provide screenshots of the configuration that is working for me if you come across a problem.

Last edited:
I've been struggling with that for few hours yesterday and had no luck compiling it by using this guide. However I found a old tutorial (link) and it worked fine (aside from 19 warnings, but hey, at least it's compiling and working so far). The only 2 things I did, which isn't included in the tutorial, was using VS 2013 compiler in 2015 Visual Studio. You can do that by choosing Windows 8.1 and 8.0/8.1 Phone in the install menu and then if it asks to update the project into newer compiler just say "no". The second thing is changing
Code:
#include <al.h>
#include <alc.h>
to:
Code:
#include <AL/al.h>
#include <AL/alc.h>
in declarations.h

So, I'd recommend you to follow this guide step by step and post results here. I can provide screenshots of the configuration that is working for me if you come across a problem.
I compiled with 2015 np. the real problems came with some of the lua files.

Is using VS2015 to compile OTclient no problem as long as you grab the correct libraries? The libraries need to be "old" ones not the newest to match tutorials on compiling?

Last edited:
Back