• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling OTClient's latest source with Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.

dominique120

Science & Reason
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
NOTE: There's a newer official tutorial for MSVC 2015: Compiling on Windows · edubart/otclient Wiki · GitHub

Since no one has done a tutorial for compiling OTC here on OTland and I would like to see OTC be more popular here goes a little tutorial on compiling it.

I am going to assume that you know at least some basic stuff about MSVC if you dont, as practice I recommend you follow this tutorial first to get the hang of things.
1. Lets get our compiler includes and libs.

2. Now that we have the source and libs lets put them in the correct places.

2.1 Add the libs to your C:/ drive.
Nq7cAeP.png

Its best if you put it in your C:/ drive because the .vcxproj defaults the libs to the C drive. This will save you lots of time because you dont have to manually link all of the includes and libs.

2.2 Extract the source wherever you want. I extracted it to my OT Stuff folder.

3. Open up the solution with MSVC 2013
BZQWSXJ.png

4. Now lets set up the properties.
NFDbvOz.png

5. Now select the correct config:
Z0gg5nn.png

6. Now here it might get a bit confusing so pay attention.
6.1 If you extracted the libs to your D:/ drive you only need to add this to your includes:
2uNeKUf.png

And this to your libs.
A2DWZaq.png

6.2 But if you extracted the libs elsewhere you must add these dirs as well.
This is for the includes:
ajITqpu.png

And this for the libs:
3UDEPeq.png

6. Now hit apply and let the files parse, this is automatic.
flvyBKx.png

7. Once it is
mbJWC7w.png
you can rebuild the files.

8. Now you might get a waring or two but that is expected, so long it succeeds you're ok.

9. Now you have your EXE, get the dlls here.

And there you have it you just compiled OTClient's latest source.

Thanks to @edubart for developing OTC, to @Dalkon for adding MSVC compilation files, and to @conde2 for fixing up the source so that it is compatible with MSVC's compiler.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good, with this and the TFS 1.0 tutorial there no excuses to use OTC, is so far, the best tool made by OT developers

@Printer yes I also get the console but when I log in it works fine, it looks like this. Remember that this is OpenGL so make sure that your graphics card supports it, and shader model 1.4? I believe that is what is needed. I have not covered Dx9 support but I'm guessing you can do something with this. Maybe try to switch graphic engines, from OpenGL 1 to the second one.

Since no one has done a tutorial for compiling OTC here on OTland and I would like to see OTC be more popular here goes a little tutorial on compiling it.

I am going to assume that you know at least some basic stuff about MSVC if you dont, as practice I recommend you follow this tutorial first to get the hang of things.
1. Lets get our compiler includes and libs.

2. Now that we have the source and libs lets put them in the correct places.

2.1 Add the libs to your D:/ drive.
9pyHpSf.png

Its best if you put it in your D:/ drive because the .vcxproj defaults the libs to the D drive. This will save you lots of time because you dont have to manually link all of the includes and libs.

2.2 Extract the source wherever you want. I extracted it to my OT Stuff folder.

3. Open up the solution with MSVC 2013
BZQWSXJ.png

4. Now lets set up the properties.
NFDbvOz.png

5. Now select the correct config:
Z0gg5nn.png

6. Now here it might get a bit confusing so pay attention.
6.1 If you extracted the libs to your D:/ drive you only need to add this to your includes:
2uNeKUf.png

And this to your libs.
A2DWZaq.png

6.2 But if you extracted the libs elsewhere you must add these dirs as well.
This is for the includes:
ajITqpu.png

And this for the libs:
3UDEPeq.png

6. Now hit apply and let the files parse, this is automatic.
flvyBKx.png

7. Once it is
mbJWC7w.png
you can rebuild the files.

8. Now you might get a waring or two but that is expected, so long it succeeds you're ok.

9. Now you have your EXE, get the dlls here.

And there you have it you just compiled OTClient's latest source.

Thanks to @edubart for developing OTC, to @Dalkon for adding MSVC compilation files, and to @conde2 for fixing up the source so that it is compatible with MSVC's compiler.

Enjoy!

Hello, im getting an error, i added all the includes but when i try to compile i get this error:
https://i.imgur.com/gPRC6Jc.png
I've checked and framework/global.h is there.

Idk why im getting this error...

Back