• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling TFS 1.0/1.1 latest source. 64 and 32 bits. Pics and lots of explanation.

Ok, i changed it to the original file, just modified the spaces and that.
>> Loading config
[Error - ConfigManager::load] config.lua:30: '=' expected near 'ip'
> ERROR: Unable to load config.lua!
>> No services running. The server is NOT online.[/CODE]

Use this one. Replace everything that is in the document you have.

Thanks for this. I recently came back to the community to try out my programming skills with OT's. (not making any online, just gonna mess around with the client) :)
Thank you for helping me along, Dominique :)

I am getting an Error.

error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/asio.hpp': No such file or directory

I've accordingly as you recommended went into :
Proberties -> c/c++ -> additional include directories -> added booster folder.

You could also try using the batch files, its loads easier. I'll add it to the tutorial in the coming days

You could also try using the batch files, its loads easier. I'll add it to the tutorial in the coming days
I'll just wait till you add that :) I'm still a simpleton when it comes to setting this up. I'm grateful that you want to share with us your knowledge :) I will be waiting patiently for you to come up with a workaround :p

I'll just wait till you add that :) I'm still a simpleton when it comes to setting this up. I'm grateful that you want to share with us your knowledge :) I will be waiting patiently for you to come up with a workaround :p
You can use this.

Where can you find the dll files and is it normal when u close the engine it crashes?

You can find the DLLs here (you only need lua51.dll and libmysql.dll) and yes it's normal for it to crash, see here.

You can use this.
Thanks buddy, that made it able to Compile and build my server.
I may have done something slightly off the chart which is a faulty... the C:/boost_1.155 i pointed at the BOOST_ROOT variable... not sure if that was right, cos when i try to open my Server it says

theforgottenserver.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because lua51.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

But you sir, are a life-saver! Thank you ninja and domin

Yay i completed the tutorial :)
Came to a problem Importing the sql ... I added the schema.sql... but it's all empty?
Am i doing something wrong? :)

Yay i completed the tutorial :)
Came to a problem Importing the sql ... I added the schema.sql... but it's all empty?
Am i doing something wrong? :)

Are you importing it into an empty database? Look at my other tutorial(setting up a dedi)and skip to the part where I import a database.

Well basically...

Phpmyadmin -> Otserv -> Import -> choose(schema.sql) -> Go!.

Then it adds alot of structures to my database... (you know, account, player, guilds, houses, etc etc...)
But all of these structures are empty. It was first thought that it would atleast leave me an account 1/1. :)

Thanks for the fast reply!

Well basically...

Phpmyadmin -> Otserv -> Import -> choose(schema.sql) -> Go!.

Then it adds alot of structures to my database... (you know, account, player, guilds, houses, etc etc...)
But all of these structures are empty. It was first thought that it would atleast leave me an account 1/1. :)

Thanks for the fast reply!

TFS 1.0 has no in-game account manager so say good bye to 1/1

Ahhh im that old school :) I'm sorry! hahah.
Well all i wanted was to test if the server was up, I got everything running thanks to you and Ninja. When i start the client it loads and says it's online!
So i guess all is not lost, just need to figure how to make a test character :)

Ahhh im that old school :) I'm sorry! hahah.
Well all i wanted was to test if the server was up, I got everything running thanks to you and Ninja. When i start the client it loads and says it's online!
So i guess all is not lost, just need to figure how to make a test character :)

Make a quick website, its the only way.

Okay thanks! i will look into that. Sorry for all the inconvenience! Perhaps i could write to you in a conversation instead so i dont flood your post totally? :)
I would prefer writing here though, as other might benefit from it :D

Thanks dude!

Anyways, Reached the...

Failed to connect to the Database

In my www. I have gotten myself the znote aac and thrown in there, whilst i already did the schema, and i ran the SQL command.
im wondering if i'm missing something in the config file besides the connection credentials? - are there any ports or something im missing?

Back