• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling TFS 1.0/1.1 latest source. 64 and 32 bits. Pics and lots of explanation.

Yeap, 3.2

So boost160/lib should work?

When I use that is the time I get most progress, or so it seems.. either way it fails and with the same error-message as earlier.

1> player.cpp
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\atomic(661): error C2338: You've instantiated std::atomic<T> with sizeof(T) equal to 2/4/8 and alignof(T) < sizeof(T). Before VS 2015 Update 2, this would have misbehaved at runtime. VS 2015 Update 2 was fixed to handle this correctly, but the fix inherently changes layout and breaks binary compatibility. Please define _ENABLE_ATOMIC_ALIGNMENT_FIX to acknowledge that you understand this, and that everything you're linking has been compiled with VS 2015 Update 2 (or later). (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)
1> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\atomic(675): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'std::_Atomic_base<_Ty,4>' being compiled
1> with
1> [
1> _Ty=boost::lockfree::detail::tagged_index
1> ] (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)
1> C:\boost_1_60_0\boost/lockfree/detail/freelist.hpp(603): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'std::atomic<boost::lockfree::detail::tagged_index>' being compiled (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)
1> C:\boost_1_60_0\boost/lockfree/detail/freelist.hpp(604): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'boost::lockfree::detail::fixed_size_freelist<T,NodeStorage>' being compiled (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)
1> position.cpp

Thanks but: Makes zero sense, completely different process, different versions, files...not even sure where to start to explain the huge differences. I created own thread concerning my problems with Ninjas 1.2 TFS for 8.6 at: https://otland.net/threads/problems-compiling-ninjas-tfs-1-2-8-6.242739/ as this has little to nothing to do with "Compiling TFS 1.0/1.1"

How can i fix it?

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory c:\users\user\desktop\ot\forgottenserver-master\src\otpch.h 42 1 theforgottenserver

Can't compile on the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 cause I can't find the settings you said:

959f0586514b40d0b7c8b976f88a956a.png

Maybe they updated it a bit and changed the options... Could you update your guide?

Solved: Just need to execute the .bat files of the TFS SDK and Boost

Last edited:
Hey I am trying to compile the latest version of TFS 1.2 with this guide.

Got everything working as it shows to the last steps but when press "Rebuild" it says the following error:

Code:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>  otpch.cpp
1>  Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results
1>c:\users\francisco\desktop\mtibia\distros\forgottenserver-master 1.2\src\otpch.h(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Can someone help me with this fast?

1>------ Build started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1> otpch.cpp
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory c:\forgottenserver-master\src\otpch.h 44 1 theforgottenserver
in this step:
6.2: Make sure your directories are appropriate, if you extracted the files somewhere else make sure you point to those directories instead of these ones.
ZojfDqP.png
add:
\tfs-sdk-2.1\pugixml\include

Last edited:
do you know what to do when im trying to run tfs.exe file after compiling and the console app closes instantly ?

I'm use MVS 2017 ver.:32WIN
Erro:
Erro MSB8036 The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution". theforgottenserver C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Win32\PlatformToolsets\v141\Toolset.targets 34

I'm use MVS 2017 ver.:32WIN
Erro:
Erro MSB8036 The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution". theforgottenserver C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\Win32\PlatformToolsets\v141\Toolset.targets 34

1. Open installer (can be downloaded from here: Thank you for downloading Visual Studio 2017)
2. Go to 'Modify'
3. Select 'Individual Components' tab
4. Scroll down to 'SDKs, libraries, and frameworks'
5. Tick the 'Windows 8.1 SDK'
6. Install

Last edited:
Back