• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling TFS 1.0/1.1 latest source. 64 and 32 bits. Pics and lots of explanation.

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\v140\Toolset.targets(36,5): error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution".
1>Done building project "theforgottenserver.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\v140\Toolset.targets(36,5): error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution".
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

check this post;

Compiling TFS 1.0/1.1 latest source. 64 and 32 bits. Pics and lots of explanation.

Erro C1083 Cannot open source file: '..\src\otpch.cpp': No such file or directory theforgottenserver C:\Users

someone can help me ?

I have this problem when I try to open the project on MVS2015 express:
U56pyrW.png

Do I have to use MVS2014? Is anyone else using MVS 15 with no problems?
Also, it says I can't open such a project with the Express Edition because it only supports Universal Windows Applications..
God Damn I hate Microft and Visual Studio...

Edit:
To fix this problem, install visual studio community..

Last edited:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>D:\visual\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Platforms\x64\PlatformToolsets\v141\Toolset.targets(36,5): error MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 8.1 was not found. Install the required version of Windows SDK or change the SDK version in the project property pages or by right-clicking the solution and selecting "Retarget solution".
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

i get this error >.<

Last edited:
I get this error: forgottenserver-master\src\otpch.h(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pugixml.hpp': No such file or directory
I've checked and I don't even have that file, does anyone know what to do?

Hello guys. I'm trying to compile TFS master branch, and i've done everything on the compiling tutorial from tfs github, but i got this error: Gyazo - 88ea6022cbd08f1d39dfdc344db16948.png
Can someone help me? Have i forgot to do something important? Cuz i think i've done everything right.

yo followed the guide and found this error: "
Gravedad Código Descripción Proyecto Archivo Línea Estado suprimido
Error MSB8036 No se encontró la versión del SDK de Windows 10.0.17134.0. Instale la versión requerida del SDK de Windows o cambie la versión del SDK en las páginas de propiedades del proyecto o haciendo clic con el botón derecho en la solución y seleccionando "Redestinar solución". theforgottenserver C: \ Archivos de programa (x86) \ Microsoft Visual Studio \ 2017 \ Community \ Common7 \ IDE \ VC \ VCTargets \ Microsoft.Cpp.WindowsSDK.targets 46 " what can i do, or is it any new guide to make a full working otserver from zero?? im old school. Thanks

Vs 2010 professional install base files . iso

My dropbox.

because everything else I could not get to work and have been trying for some time...I got my hands on this and ill retry the tutorials after I get this installed.

worried it is not safe? someone can scan or whatever I dont have the time for it all. I have better things to do than harm others.

Ok that did not work...getting vs 2015, will post it as well. I WILL help to get these issues sorted for myself and others and will aid in proving the installs needed once I make this work.

I can't understand what do you mean with your 2 replies above, but If you are facing an issue with compiling just create a thread on Support with your errors and as much details as you can then I will help you with your whole compilation process.

Annoying stuff, just make sure you get the build tools 142. that can be done in the installer and modify what you are installing and make sure to get the toolsets to be able to compile.
if you can not compile and have an error like this...

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning MSB8003 Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry. TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. brave C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 366

then you tried to compile with 140 not 142 :D

in the solution explorer. right click on theforgottenserver and click properties.(this is on the right or left side of the gui and contains all the source files)

next go to properties...

configuration properties, general...
inside there see platform toolsets.
make sure you have the correct ones installed to be able to use them.

I can't understand what do you mean with your 2 replies above, but If you are facing an issue with compiling just create a thread on Support with your errors and as much details as you can then I will help you with your whole compilation process.

Well thank you sir, however the problem I face it does not seem others really face. Created probably by my own mistakes and should be fixed by my thinking and I will provide any details I can for others. I do not expect you to think for me, thank you for the offer there. I will only ask if I am stuck for a long time.

Good luck with your compilation, I only wanted to help, I wasn't trying to think for you at all and OFC its always better to try solving issues by yourself as long as you can to get familiar to it and to gain more experience.

PROBLEM:
Warning MSB8003 Could not find WindowsSDKDir variable from the registry. TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number. brave C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 366

SOLUTION:
Go right click on theforgottenserver in solution explorer and go to retarget project.
In the new window, go to windows sdk version and choise the first select then press ok.
Now try to build again

Back