• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling The Forgotten Server latest source code - Last Update: 02/12/2010

see this
and for the problem with the lib boost regex, copy this file to c:/dev-cpp/lib/

I've already fixed that error,I accidentally changed the C++ Compiler parameters with an additional "_".As for the lboost_regex thing,download my own Dev-Cpp (based on Talaturen's one of course) and it should compile fine.

I do not know more what I do, the end of the project shows no errors, but does not generate executable or anything, just these:

noexecutable.png

Unnecessary files, where is the executable and the rest of your extensions, religiously I follow the tutorial and not left it ...

;)

Third Step:
In the file you created "TheForgottenServer-Source" Create a folder called Project.Then Open your Dev c++ and go to file->new->project.Select Console Application,give your project a name and save it in "/TheForgottenServer-Source/project/"

this step when i click new-->project then save it i only get main.cpp dunno why, i suppose to get all that cpp's files from your image?

EDIT: NVM THAT

Click on "Compile" button and you are ready! Move to the directory where you saved your project and replace your server's .exe file with the new one :)

i finish compiling but where is the new .exe file, and all that sources from TheForgottenServer-Source folder gonna stay there in desktop? i dont have to put it in my OT folder?

Last edited:
this step when i click new-->project then save it i only get main.cpp dunno why, i suppose to get all that cpp's files from your image?

EDIT: NVM THAT

i finish compiling but where is the new .exe file, and all that sources from TheForgottenServer-Source folder gonna stay there in desktop? i dont have to put it in my OT folder?

You have to replace it with your otserv's old TheForgottenServer.exe

You have to replace it with your otserv's old TheForgottenServer.exe

all? data folder too? and i didn't get a .exe file while compiling neither when i downloaded the sources, i just get alot of sources files and data folder..

all? data folder too? and i didn't get a .exe file while compiling neither when i downloaded the sources, i just get alot of sources files and data folder..

It's in the Dev-Cpp folder,inside the folder with the source code :eek:

You just have to replace the exe

I did get a build error :S

Edit : C:\Users\******\Desktop\Ny mapp (3)\project\Makefile.win [Build Error] [TheForgottenServer.exe] Error 1

I did get a build error :S

Edit : C:\Users\******\Desktop\Ny mapp (3)\project\Makefile.win [Build Error] [TheForgottenServer.exe] Error 1

How do you expect it to create an exe file when it throws a build error? The error says nothing,you need to copy more lines of it.

Thats the only thing that did came up

Edit : maybr cannot find -lboost_regex

help me plz.

Last edited:
Umm....

Yeah... And now... How do i start my ot?? :mad::eek:<_< Send me a msg at msn to help me! :( :D

Source 0.31pl2

Linker :
-O1
-lboost_system
-lgmp
-lluasql_mysql
-lluasql_sqlite
-llua5.1
-lmysql
-lboost_regex
-lsqlite3
-lwsock32
-lxml2
-lmysql
-lws2_32
-s

Compilate C++

-D__USE_MYSQL__
-D__USE_SQLITE__
-D__ENABLE_SERVER_DIAGNOSTIC__

68 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.5\vector:66, from C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.5\ext\hashtable.h In file included from C:/Dev-Cpp/Bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/vector:66, from C:/Dev-Cpp/Bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/ext/hashtable.h
65 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.5\ext\hashtable.h:68, from C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.5\ext\hash_map from C:/Dev-Cpp/Bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/ext/hashtable.h:68, from C:/Dev-Cpp/Bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/ext/hash_map
93 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.5\ext\hash_map:65, from .\Source\definitions.h from C:/Dev-Cpp/Bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../include/c++/3.4.5/ext/hash_map:65, from ../Source/definitions.h
7 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Pulpit\Dragon Ball\DBKai\Source\definitions.h:93, from .\Source\otpch.h from ../Source/definitions.h:93, from ../Source/otpch.h
20 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Pulpit\Dragon Ball\DBKai\Source\otpch.h:7, from .\Source\condition.cpp from ../Source/otpch.h:7, from ../Source/condition.cpp
20 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Pulpit\Dragon Ball\DBKai\Source\condition.cpp from ../Source/condition.cpp
36 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.5\bits\functexcept.h expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before "namespace"
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Pulpit\Dragon Ball\DBKai\Project\Makefile.win [Build Error] [../Source/condition.o] Error 1

Help me i compile 0.3.4 with - Console get this error

Code:
/0.3.4/vocation.cpp: In member function `void Vocation::reset()':
../0.3.4/vocation.cpp:296: warning: passing `float' for converting 2 of `void* memset(void*, int, size_t)'

g++.exe -c ../0.3.4/waitlist.cpp -o ../0.3.4/waitlist.o -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Bloves/Pulpit/Dev-Cpp/include"  -D__USE_MYSQL__ -D__USE_SQLITE__ -D__ENABLE_SERVER_DIAGNOSTIC__ -D__CONSOLE__  

g++.exe -c ../0.3.4/weapons.cpp -o ../0.3.4/weapons.o -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Bloves/Pulpit/Dev-Cpp/include"  -D__USE_MYSQL__ -D__USE_SQLITE__ -D__ENABLE_SERVER_DIAGNOSTIC__ -D__CONSOLE__  

../0.3.4/weapons.cpp: In member function `virtual int32_t WeaponWand::getWeaponDamage(const Player*, const Creature*, const Item*, bool) const':
../0.3.4/weapons.cpp:1043: warning: converting to `int32_t' from `float'
../0.3.4/weapons.cpp:1044: warning: converting to `int32_t' from `float'

windres.exe -i ForgottenServer_private.rc --input-format=rc -o ForgottenServer_private.res -O coff 

windres.exe: can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory

make.exe: *** [ForgottenServer_private.res] Error 1

Please, i tryed to compile a lot of times
and always errors..
please help me
many errors

Code:
25 C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Desktop\TheForgottenServer-Source\luascript.h:37,               from .\creatureevent.h In file included from ../luascript.h:37,               from ../creatureevent.h 
33 C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Desktop\TheForgottenServer-Source\creatureevent.h:25,               from .\creature.h                  from ../creatureevent.h:25,               from ../creature.h
25 C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Desktop\TheForgottenServer-Source\creature.h:33,               from .\player.h                  from ../creature.h:33,               from ../player.h 
23 C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Desktop\TheForgottenServer-Source\player.h:25,               from .\actions.cpp                  from ../player.h:25,               from ../actions.cpp 
23 C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Desktop\TheForgottenServer-Source\actions.cpp                  from ../actions.cpp 
66:2 C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Desktop\TheForgottenServer-Source\database.h #error "You have to compile with atl east one database driver!" 
 C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Desktop\TheForgottenServer-Source\Project\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [../actions.o] Error 1

Back