• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Compiling The Forgotten Server latest source code - Last Update: 02/12/2010

Im Getting this message. please help;

Circular forgottenserver.o <- forgottenserver.exe dependency dropped.

and

C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\forgotten sources\project\Makefile.win [Build Error] [forgottenserver.o] Error 1

ok so i tried again and it got ner to finishing and gave me this error :S

C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\forgotten sources\project\gcc installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory.
[Resource error] no resources

C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\forgotten sources\project\Makefile.win [Build Error] [ForgottenServer_private.res] Error 1

Please help someone :(

OMG WTF IT WAS STUCK!?

@up

post the whole error,not the last part of it ;)

dude that is the whole error. thats all it showed. it started compiling then stopped and they were showing un the compile section of the botton of the program

Im currently compiling, when you have your exe file, where do you get the other folders?;z

when you downloaded the sources you should have gotten a data folder, and mixed in all the source files you'll find the config.lua, player record, database, ect.. and you can download the .dll's from a thread in downloads->otservs and it's a stickied thread.

dude that is the whole error. thats all it showed. it started compiling then stopped and they were showing un the compile section of the botton of the program

you need to add C:\Dev-Cpp\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2 in Tools -> Compiler Options -> Directories

I tried compiling the revision 310 (which I downloaded last night)

and i'm getting these errors.

Code:
 Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Henning\Desktop\Forgotten Source sept 12, 2007\project1DEV\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Henning\Desktop\Forgotten Source sept 12, 2007\project1DEV\Makefile.win" all
windres.exe -i Project1_private.rc --input-format=rc -o Project1_private.res -O coff 

g++.exe ../account.o ../actions.o ../admin.o ../allocator.o ../ban.o ../baseevents.o ../chat.o ../combat.o ../commands.o ../condition.o ../configmanager.o ../container.o ../creature.o ../creatureevent.o ../cylinder.o ../database.o ../databasemysql.o ../databasesqlite.o ../depot.o ../exception.o ../fileloader.o ../game.o ../gui.o ../house.o ../housetile.o ../inputbox.o ../ioguild.o ../iologindata.o ../iomap.o ../iomapserialize.o ../item.o ../items.o ../logger.o ../luascript.o ../mailbox.o ../map.o ../md5.o ../monster.o ../monsters.o ../movement.o ../networkmessage.o ../npc.o ../otserv.o ../outfit.o ../party.o ../player.o ../playerbox.o ../position.o ../protocol.o ../protocol80.o ../quests.o ../raids.o ../rsa.o ../scheduler.o ../scriptmanager.o ../spawn.o ../spells.o ../status.o ../talkaction.o ../tasks.o ../teleport.o ../textlogger.o ../thing.o ../tile.o ../tools.o ../trashholder.o ../vocation.o ../waitlist.o ../weapons.o Project1_private.res -o "Project1.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libxml2.lib C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/lua5.1.dll -lmysql -lwsock32 -lgmp -lsqlite3 -lregex -lluasql-mysql -lluasql-sqlite3 -s  

../house.o(.text+0x8459):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char>::init()::null_string'
../house.o(.text+0x850b):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o(.text+0x8510):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o(.text+0x8527):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o(.text+0x8578):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o(.text+0x85c9):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::cpp_regex_traits<char>::get_catalog_name_inst()::s_name'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [Project1.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

I tried compiling the revision 310 (which I downloaded last night)

and i'm getting these errors.

Code:
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Henning\Desktop\Forgotten Source sept 12, 2007\project1DEV\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Henning\Desktop\Forgotten Source sept 12, 2007\project1DEV\Makefile.win" all
windres.exe -i Project1_private.rc --input-format=rc -o Project1_private.res -O coff 

g++.exe ../account.o ../actions.o ../admin.o ../allocator.o ../ban.o ../baseevents.o ../chat.o ../combat.o ../commands.o ../condition.o ../configmanager.o ../container.o ../creature.o ../creatureevent.o ../cylinder.o ../database.o ../databasemysql.o ../databasesqlite.o ../depot.o ../exception.o ../fileloader.o ../game.o ../gui.o ../house.o ../housetile.o ../inputbox.o ../ioguild.o ../iologindata.o ../iomap.o ../iomapserialize.o ../item.o ../items.o ../logger.o ../luascript.o ../mailbox.o ../map.o ../md5.o ../monster.o ../monsters.o ../movement.o ../networkmessage.o ../npc.o ../otserv.o ../outfit.o ../party.o ../player.o ../playerbox.o ../position.o ../protocol.o ../protocol80.o ../quests.o ../raids.o ../rsa.o ../scheduler.o ../scriptmanager.o ../spawn.o ../spells.o ../status.o ../talkaction.o ../tasks.o ../teleport.o ../textlogger.o ../thing.o ../tile.o ../tools.o ../trashholder.o ../vocation.o ../waitlist.o ../weapons.o Project1_private.res -o "Project1.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -mwindows C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libxml2.lib C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/lua5.1.dll -lmysql -lwsock32 -lgmp -lsqlite3 -lregex -lluasql-mysql -lluasql-sqlite3 -s  

../house.o(.text+0x8459):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char>::init()::null_string'
../house.o(.text+0x850b):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o(.text+0x8510):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o(.text+0x8527):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o(.text+0x8578):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::object_cache<boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char>, boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_implementation<char> >::do_get(boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_base<char> const&, unsigned int)::s_data'
../house.o(.text+0x85c9):house.cpp: undefined reference to `boost::cpp_regex_traits<char>::get_catalog_name_inst()::s_name'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [Project1.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

it's something that has to do with boost,i don't get any errors compiling,did you download the dev-cpp i posted?

I'm using the TheForgottenDev-Cpp v1.2

Edit: I cant even compile the original 0.2.5 sources anymore, which I had already done previously, i'm getting the same boost errors..I guess i'll just have to download it again or something.

Hey guys I'm getting this error
Code:
.1.dll -lmysql -lwsock32 -lgmp -lsqlite3 -lregex -lluasql-mysql -lluasql-sqlite3 -s  

g++.exe: C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/lua5.1.dll: No such file or directory

make.exe: *** [Trying.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

EDIT: using the tfs-Dev-Cpp im getting this :
Code:
.1.dll -lmysql -lwsock32 -lgmp -lsqlite3 -lregex -lluasql-mysql -lluasql-sqlite3 -s  

g++.exe: C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libxml2.lib: No such file or directory

make.exe: *** [Trying.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

Last edited:
Ok at the bottom of the window on the Compiler tab I have 2 entries. The first one says this
[Resource error] can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory
And the second one says
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\forgotten sources\Project\Makefile.win [Build Error] [The_Forgotten_Server_private.res] Error 1
Under the resources tab I have one entry that says
can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory
On Compile log it says I only got one error, and here it is I guess
Code:
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\forgotten sources\Project\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\forgotten sources\Project\Makefile.win" all
windres.exe -i The_Forgotten_Server_private.rc --input-format=rc -o The_Forgotten_Server_private.res -O coff 

windres.exe: can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory

make.exe: *** [The_Forgotten_Server_private.res] Error 1

Execution terminated
Can anyone help me out? I did everything exactly as I should from the first post.

"[Resource error] can't open icon file `TheForgottenServer.ico': No such file or directory"

Hard to understand eh? Put the .ico of tfs in the same directory where you saved the .dev

Code:

make.exe: *** ["MastakaM] Error 1

Execution terminated

I'm using dev-cpp which you've posted here, doin everything just as you said.
What's the problem?

Edit: YES, I can see that there's no libxml12.lib and lua5.1.dll but I tought that they're in dev-cpp so what's goin on?

Code:

make.exe: *** ["MastakaM] Error 1

Execution terminated

I'm using dev-cpp which you've posted here, doin everything just as you said.
What's the problem?

Edit: YES, I can see that there's no libxml12.lib and lua5.1.dll but I tought that they're in dev-cpp so what's goin on?

re-download it since i posted a new one

Cant Compile 0.2.6 from repository!

Error Log:
../player.o(.text+0x7975):player.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::leave(Player*)'
../player.o(.text+0x14f92):player.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::isInvited(Player*)'
../player.o(.text+0x14fd9):player.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::isInvited(Player*)'
../protocol80.o(.text+0x12d8):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::leave(Player*)'
../protocol80.o(.text+0x10f58):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::party()'

../protocol80.o(.text+0x10fed):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::invitePlayer(Player*)'
../protocol80.o(.text+0x11092):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::isInvited(Player*)'
../protocol80.o(.text+0x110ac):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::invitePlayer(Player*)'
../protocol80.o(.text+0x112f2):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::isInvited(Player*)'
../protocol80.o(.text+0x1130e):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::acceptInvitation(Player*)'
../protocol80.o(.text+0x113c4):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::isInvited(Player*)'
../protocol80.o(.text+0x113da):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::revokeInvitation(Player*)'
../protocol80.o(.text+0x114b7):protocol80.cpp: undefined reference to `Party::passLeadership(Player*)'

Help Please!

EDIT:
Forgot To Say:
The .dev file is attached, it compiles forgotten 0.2.3 without problems.

Attachments

• TheForgottenServer.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 10 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Cant Compile 0.2.6 from repository!

Error Log:

Help Please!

EDIT:
Forgot To Say:
The .dev file is attached, it compiles forgotten 0.2.3 without problems.

Try removing -D__PARTY_H__ from copiler and try again

To compile last sources I have to add something to linkers or something else? Or I can use the .dev that comes with the 256 package in tfdevcp post?

Try removing -D__PARTY_H__ from copiler and try again

There aint no -D__PARTY_H__ in the C++ compiler... In there i only have 3 things:
-D__USE_MYSQL__
-D__USE_SQLITE__
-D__RULEVIOLATIONREPORT__

Help Please!!!!!
Brunno

Ok, I copile the lasted sources of TFS, and all done perfectly, but when i launch the server executable i get this error! (see the picture) i select "win32 GUI"

Attachments

Back