• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling TSF 0.3.6 with Dev C++ for Windows in 2023

zezin009

Reaction score
I know this may seem too old, but it's something i'd like to share because it took me so long to solve some few details, so here we come.

Well, before you say 'Meeh, this is too old nobody cares', I started my OT server some years ago for Tibia 8.60, and back then I only founded Sources for TSF 0.3.6. I'm doing everything alone, mapping, scripting, testing, and figuring out some nice history and roleplay to have fun in the future!

Then, let's begin with the tutorial
First thing, you must download Dev C++ in the following link: try google Dev C++

Install it, and when you finished, go to your system configuration (I don't really know the name exactly, but it's where you change your computer configurations), and then go to 'System' > 'Advanced System Parameters' > 'Environmental Variables'. Sorry if I writed something different, but I guess you'll understand. In this place, add in the variable 'PATH' the paste where your Dev C++ is installed, it'll be somethins like C:\Program Files (x86)\Dev-Cpp ok? Just in case, do it for the variables utilized by the user and the system. Don't forget to click in OK.

Then the fun begins, you'll not use the Dev C++ installed before! What you'll do is download another Dev C++, that have all the stuff you need, there's some links you can find it.

Stian's Dev-cpp:
Stian's Dev-cpp repack 0.2 (with crypto++ and 64bit) ! (https://otland.net/threads/stians-dev-cpp-repack-0-2-with-crypto-and-64bit.62455/)
Well, I don't really remember where are the other links... But I attached mine in the end of this topic. Although I'm sorry because I don't know how to scan it, if anyone teach me I would like to share some reliability with this community.

Right, you'll need some Sources! This is easy to find! From this god

The Forgotten Server 0.3.6 (Crying Damson) V8 given by Printer:
[8.60] The Forgotten Server 0.3.6 (Crying Damson) V8 (https://otland.net/threads/8-60-the-forgotten-server-0-3-6-crying-damson-v8.147913/)

Well, with all in hands, now let's open the Dev C++ from the Stian's Dev-cpp (or the one I shared)! Just click on the 'devcpp.exe' file! Then, let's check a few things.

First you go in File > Open Project, and then you look for where you saved you The Forgotten Server, and will be some directory like C:\Users\Your_user\Desktop\cryingdamson 0.3.6 (8.60) V8.2 Source\dev-cpp, and in this file, you look for TheForgottenServer-console.dev to finally open it in Dev C++.

In Project > Project Options > Parameters:
C++ Compilator must be:
Code:
-D__USE_MYSQL__
-D__USE_SQLITE__
-D__ENABLE_SERVER_DIAGNOSTIC__
-D__CONSOLE__
And Linker must be:
Code:
-O1
-lboost_system
-lgmp
-llua5.1
-lmysql
-lboost_regex
-lsqlite3
-lwsock32
-lxml2
-lmysql
-lws2_32
-s
-lboost_filesystem
-lboost_thread

Ok, still in Project > Project Options > (but) Directories/Archives:
In Library Directories you must add the directory that you saved the Stian's Dev-cpp, something like C:\Users\Your_user\Desktop\Stian's Dev-cpp\lib
and Include Directories must add C:\Users\Your_user\Desktop\Stian's Dev-cpp\include
Note: This is the case that the directory is in your desktop, ok? Be sure where'll be

Almost finishing, trust me! So, the next step is in Tools > Compiler Options > Directories
For binaries add: C:\Users\Your_user\Desktop\Stian's Dev-cpp\bin
For libraries add: C:\Users\Your_user\Desktop\Stian's Dev-cpp\lib
For C Includes add: C:\Users\Your_user\Desktop\Stian's Dev-cpp\include
For C++ Includes add: C:\Users\Your_user\Desktop\Stian's Dev-cpp\include\c++

Ohhh yea, i'm know you can smell the light in the end of the tunnel! Be sure that there is not a directory named MinGW in your C folder, like C:\MinGW, because you'll can't finish the compiling, trust me. Well, I guess that's it, try to compile and be happy with your own OT Server!

I hope you like it, please rep+

Attachments

Last edited:
Another important thing.

When you change anything in the source files and try to recompile again, you must select:
Execution > Clean

This is crutial before you compile the source code again.

In addition, this was the reason that gave me the headache of trying to remember all this stuff...

Back