• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Concept] Dynamic Maps

@Crypton3
4k lines to generate 5 dungeons with same cave design? It can be done in less than 2k lines easily.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it's better to make it work first, and then optimize :)

4k lines to generate 5 dungeons with same cave design? It can be done in less than 2k lines easily.
Yep, 4k lines but the script is also responsible for entire instance system (waiting rooms, generating monsters, prizes, names and some other things).
Also the structures are hardcoded (~500 lines), but I'm planning to put them on the map and the script will copy them from it. :)

@ up
yao-ming-face-meme.jpg

What you guys think about create a Github place for that code?
At the moment I'm working on simple terrain generator in C++, it will be able to generate islands, caves, mazes etc.
Generator will be capable to export terrains to PNG, LUA, JSON and even OTBM.
Why C++? If we want to create quality terrains we have to use some CPU-intensive functions (for ex. terrain erosion).

As soon as I finish basic functions I'll create git repo for it and post link here.

At the moment I'm working on simple terrain generator in C++, it will be able to generate islands, caves, mazes etc.
Generator will be capable to export terrains to PNG, LUA, JSON and even OTBM.
Why C++? If we want to create quality terrains we have to use some CPU-intensive functions (for ex. terrain erosion).

As soon as I finish basic functions I'll create git repo for it and post link here.

Holy sh**! This is so cool!
I'm noob in C++, so i think: use C++ is better and easier to make(when you're a expert both in .LUA and C++)?
Like a function: doCreateRandomMap(frompos, topos, terrain), is this what you saying about create in C++?

Back