• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Conjure runes from backpack - TFS 0.4 - 8.6

hanzoha

Reaction score
Hello guys, I was wondering if someone could help me with this.

In my ot, the players have to put the blank rune in the hand in order to conjure the rune. What I need is to remove that action and let player being able to conjure runes without putting the blank rune in the hand.

I found this thread, and it suggest to remove the reagentId="" from spells.xml. It works but the problem is that blank runes become useless and I need them too.

Is there a way to edit this without editing sources and just edit the Lua? What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

make a new regular spell and
if doRemoveItem(cid, blankruneID, 1) then
dogiveitem(cid, whatever rune)
else
dosendtxt(cid, type, "you dont have a blank rune")
end

Thanks for the fast reply Zothion... can you give me a more elaborate example?

I have the source of the ultimate healing rune... How should I edited in order to work? Thanks!

local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TYPE, COMBAT_HEALING)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_MAGIC_BLUE)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_AGGRESSIVE, false)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TARGETCASTERORTOPMOST, true)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_DISPEL, CONDITION_PARALYZE)
setHealingFormula(combat, COMBAT_FORMULA_LEVELMAGIC, -1, 42, -1, 90, 5, 5, 7.29, 12.39)

function onGetFormulaValues(cid, level, maglevel)
local min = ((level/5)+(maglevel*7.29)+42)
local max = ((level/5)+(maglevel*12.39)+90)
return min, max
end

setCombatCallback(combat, CALLBACK_PARAM_LEVELMAGICVALUE, "onGetFormulaValues")

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
end

Thank you very much... I tested the script but in order to work, I have to write "!conjure adura vita" every time I want to conjure a rune right?

Is there a way to do it normal?

Like just writing "Adura vita" and works?

BTW, I tried writing in the talkaction.xml "Adura vita" and other spells and it does not work :(

Thanks in advance!

you cant just change the talkaction since the script in coded for !conjure variable, but its easily changed so you can just say adura vita, adura vita vis etc

ill edit it for that later tonight or tomorrow sometime

i tried it out and apparantly you cant have talkaction commands with more than 1 blank space in it, so adori vita works, but adori vita vis doesnt, but it can be fixed
what are the conjuring words you need?

Actually I need all the rune spells from tibia 8.6, I think the longest one is "adevo mas grav vis" which has 3 blank spaces but I'm not sure...

BTW, I see that the script doest not have the level restriction for each rune spell. Is it posible to add that too?

Thank you again, and sorry for the trouble

i just edited it slightly to make successfully conjured message say what rune you got also incase you already took it
you can change the dropdown box at thread title to solved :)

it is possible to use conjureRune as the normal conjuration spells do yes, but that function requires you do have one (exactly one) blank rune in your hand to use it..
sure it can be changed, but that would require source edits and recompiling, which is a lot harder to help someone with instead of just having a script they can use

it is possible to use conjureRune as the normal conjuration spells do yes, but that function requires you do have one (exactly one) blank rune in your hand to use it..
sure it can be changed, but that would require source edits and recompiling, which is a lot harder to help someone with instead of just having a script they can use
im not going to write an script when you can just edit sources so...

while it may not be much to change in sources, its still a lot more annoying instructing someone to edit sources and recompile unless they know what they're doing (which most people who ask for help don't) instead of just writing a short lua script that they can copy and paste

its also much easier if you ever want to change anything regarding conjurationspells for balance to use a script like this, /reload talkactions takes a lot shorter time than recompiling the sources :) (such as giving different amount of runes per blank one etc)

Last edited:
while it may not be much to change in sources, its still a lot more annoying instructing someone to edit sources and recompile unless they know what they're doing (which most people who ask for help don't) instead of just writing a short lua script that they can copy and paste

its also much easier if you ever want to change anything regarding conjurationspells for balance to use a script like this, /reload talkactions takes a lot shorter time than recompiling the sources :) (such as giving different amount of runes per blank one etc)
is easier if you try to learn instead to sit there and wait for your king, you queen.

is easier if you try to learn instead to sit there and wait for your king, you queen.
i preferred doing this in lua rather than sources, if you want him to use source edits instead feel free to instruct him on what to do :)

@hanzoha i slightly edited it again, if you can not conjure a rune and get the error message you will now only be shown the types of runes you have enough level to conjure

Back