• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Conjure runes from backpack - TFS 0.4 - 8.6

hanzoha

Reaction score
Hello guys, I was wondering if someone could help me with this.

In my ot, the players have to put the blank rune in the hand in order to conjure the rune. What I need is to remove that action and let player being able to conjure runes without putting the blank rune in the hand.

I found this thread, and it suggest to remove the reagentId="" from spells.xml. It works but the problem is that blank runes become useless and I need them too.

Is there a way to edit this without editing sources and just edit the Lua? What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Can you give me a more elaborate example about the isplayerpzlocked? I really suck at lua... (and everything related with scripting)

Here is the screenshot.
Sin_t_tulo.jpg

after runes[cast] add
and not isPlayedPzLocked(cid)
and the message error is because of too long string
change
Code:
conjure = conjure.."\n"..pos.." --- which costs "..(runes[pos].manaCost).." mana, "..(runes[pos].soulCost).." soul and gives you "..(runes[pos].runeAmount).." "..(getItemNameById(runes[pos].runeID))..""
to
Code:
doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_STATUS_CONSOLE_BLUE, "\n"..pos.." --- which costs "..(runes[pos].manaCost).." mana, "..(runes[pos].soulCost).." soul and gives you "..(runes[pos].runeAmount).." "..(getItemNameById(runes[pos].runeID)).."")
should work

But that will prevent the player from conjure any rune at all if pz locked right? I want only to work with blank rune and pk (which I asume is getskulltype or something...)

The !conjures is working, but now I get this.
Sin_t_tulo.jpg

Is it possible to show the spells in a text box or something? if not, no problem, I'm more than satisfy with this.
Thanks!

you can show them in a book box, but text box this is too many signs...
do you want blank rune to be possible hwile pz locked but no others?

I want that a player can conjure all runes but "Adori blank" while in PK. He can conjure "adori blank" if he is not with white skull or killing other player in an unjustified kill. But he is able to conjure any other rune.

Ok book box is more than ok, but why the s,s,s,s,s at the end?

Thanks!

Thank you! Have a good rest :D

BTW, I already add the isPlayerPzLocked :D

if cast == "adori blank" and not isPlayerPzLocked(cid) then

Last edited:
take script from this thread, change line after if runes[cast] then to
Code:
        if (not pz or (pz == runes[cast].allowPz)) and (runes[cast].maxSkull == nil or runes[cast].maxSkull >= getPlayerSkullType(cid)) then
and in runes table, add
Code:
, maxSkull = x
and set x to whatever u want, 0 if you want adori blank while no skull, 1 while white or no, etc

i edited conjures.lua code also in prev post so it prints right now
if you would rather have book box than in chat, use the old script and change last doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, type, msg) to doShowTextDialog(cid, itemId, msg)

Back