• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cordis's Works

cordis

Reaction score
So hey guys, im from brazil and i came here today so show some of my works.
Im kinda beginner on mapping, so i hope u guys can look at my works, that i will be posting every new one, and comment about them, helping me to improve =]
The first pictures are all unfinished so... i hope u guys can like something.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Looks good, tho you should press "O" to turn off pathable terrain view, so the pics will look better.

The last pic's house is the best to me, very nice! Good to see another BR mapper around.

hahaha thanks guys, soon i will be posting some new stuffs, im working on a fire and bone realm at the time, soon i post pics.

When you post new images, please use [img][/img] tags instead of using the attachments.

i don't know if i can do this but, if someone could explain me how to use the tag
is going to be really great.

Some unfinished dungeon, i let the shade on to focus only in the throne room. this is like the 2º part of the swamp picture that i posted

Looks good, but maybe a bit spammed with details.
Try to focus the plants and stuff on one place of the room instead of putting it everywhere. Also, use a bit more of broken walls, if the room is that messy, and use a few small stones and grey gravel.

pretty good, altough you can remove some plants maybe, its a bit spammed for stone floors

Agree with the two people above me. Remove a few plants, gravel, a few rocks here and there, and maybe use a different throne, I don't think that one fits there.

So... like i said i was changing some things, here the new... hope u guys like =]

And here the second part..just the structure

Last edited:
Only thing I really dislike about the first picture is that it's symmetrical up top but then at the staircase it is not :<
And I guess it has a lil much gravel to the north, but yeah, it's not looking to shabby for someone who havn't been mapping for that long.
Also, I like to do small 2x1 paths leading inwards to the mountain whenever I put broken walls.

Examples:

You could also mix the 2 if you want (Normal, flat surface and the one I gave examples of), just something to make it a lil more irregular.

And oh, about the grass, you can think that the wines on the walls "comes" from the grass, so putting grass under only those can give a nice feel.
Almost the same with gravel here, put gravel/rocks near the cracks to make it seem like it has fallen down from the wall and is now on the floor :F

Also, you can perhaps skip the red/brown gravel on the floor since the mountain seems to be made entirely out of grey rocks.

I hope this helps in any way ^_^

I liked the grey floors you used before, better use those instead of the brown ones. With the plants it looks much better.

Haha your idea totally make sense, and already changing some stuffs again, and the brown grav i just mixed a little to gain more color, but looking now dosen't feel right, but hey... everything to improve as always, about the room being so small, its cause i like to make some "spots" on dungeon to really vary things

So, i add the rock surface and mixed with the flax, as said earlier "focus the nature in only one part" now i did it, add some grey gravel only in cracks with some debris, and tried to add debris near the statue to make look like the fallen head on the statue, and let the center more clear to a fight.. i think it's good now =P

Last edited:
Yeah, now it looks alot better :)
Does look a little weird with all those pillars there, but every dungeon is supposed to be special/different, so that doesn't really matter.
Good job with the fallen head idea, I usually think about all the broken things, but that idea caught me off guard :F

Also, about it being small, this size is big enough...,
staircases randomly placed leading to spots like this = alot more fun and interesting.

So yeah, good job and keep practicing :)
Always think about a tip Limos gave me a while back and ur sure to make some good stuff in the future:
"Does it make any sense, how did that get there?, and why is that and this here?"
If you think about almost everything, you almost instantly get a story behind it + realism! :D

Agree @ Down

Last edited:
Why don't you use the grey floors anymore, I think they looked better.

hahaha i did use it, i changed after i posted, i already have changed some things XD
but i was to lazy, to upload a new picture and edit post, but soon i will post new pictures, maybe the finished dungeon(i doubt)

Back