• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Core 130%

zetibia

Reaction score
Have some way to know what is causing this excessive use of processor?

A lot of calculations.

If you have a high exp server, and weapons dealing much damage, the computer have to "calculate" everything. In small terms its fine. But with messy spells, high hp/mana on players, monstesrs dealing much damage, you dealing much damage, healing much, messy events. All together this gives the CPU alot of strain.

When any OT reach 150+ players online, proper scripts starts to become necessarily.

For an example of you have shop system and global events that runs every second, it will run every second on each player. If it took 3 milli seconds to run this globalevent, with 200 players it would take 600 milli seconds. (Which is over half a second lag) every time the global script runs.

You have to go in and check every script on your own. In regards to infinite loops you have to also check every script and go through the logic to determine the problem.

I understand what you are talking about, checked my script but I can not indentificar something that gives loop, sure found one that was using globalStorage, retired but still today continues to use 120 ~ 130% of the processor, which are the functions that can give loop , Global Storage, addEvent, ... what else?

Process of elimination, disable everything, run without unessential scripts or features then enable 1 at a time til you find the culprit.

If you disable everything and still have the issue then you might want to check your hardware.

Back