• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CoronaVirus- What's your status?

A thing I have been thinking about ..
Like how many has had corona without knowing it? I have some friends who have tested positive with no symptoms, some who had a fever and had it pretty bad, some who said they had a normal cold(coughing, sore throat etc but nothing else) and not thinking anything about it.

I guess we can atleast semi trust the number of people infected online, but how many people have been infected without knowing it?
Could we be talking double the numbers or even more?
Intressting if you ask me 😂

We’ll never know the true number of people infected, but I’d be wholly shocked if it wasn’t at least 3-5x the number we’ve recorded as positive.

A bit dated now, but a study in Iceland determined that nearly 50% of COVID-19 cases were asymptomatic. The article also touches on the fact that the virus mutates quickly and certain strains may be more deadly or have different symptoms than others. Fortunately, deadly viruses do a poor job of spreading, and weak viruses spread rampantly. It wouldn’t be too far-fetched to think that even if the virus mutates that the human immune system’s response, once exposed to an asymptomatic mutation, would react similarly to a different mutation of the virus. I believe the immune system (or maybe it’s just the vaccines being developed) respond to the virus’s spike shape rather than the virus itself.

It’s very scary how deadly the virus can be to certain individuals, especially when we’re not 100% certain why. (Anyone that doesn’t believe this can visit me in the ICU I work at and see exactly how terribly sick these patients can be).

I’m not too knowledgeable about COVID-19 but it’ll be interesting how this all plays out, despite how horrible the virus can be. I’ve got my fingers crossed that it doesn’t end up mutating in a similar fashion to influenza; It’d be unfortunate to see a world that has to deal with COVID for the rest of our existence.

Red

here no light, no internet, no food, no medicines, no gasoline, no real info about corona virus cases
ah, i forgot, if you want to travel between states you need to get a special paper which you can get paying to corrupted people or wasting a lot of days, and passage price is expensive as hell
there are worst things to focus here, corona is just a joke

here no light, no internet, no food, no medicines, no gasoline, no real info about corona virus cases
ah, i forgot, if you want to travel between states you need to get a special paper which you can get paying to corrupted people or wasting a lot of days, and passage price is expensive as hell
there are worst things to focus here, corona is just a joke
here where? 😁

In this case the virus is untruth and people still trying to bieleve them by watching TV. People around the world dies every single day. I would like to finish this one but by driving the machine, people will be thinking on it...

The vaccine better be good because this thing has come to stay. Look at every place in the world taking measures and still the virus can grow in numbers so easily.

Here in Spain numbers exploded as soon as we opened borders. Most of the people are getting infected in social events, be it with your family having dinner at home (no face mask) or in a bar/disco/whatever where people with the excuse of having a drink remove their mask.

At some point we almost reached 0 daily cases and now after 2 months we have 3-4k daily and growing. Truth is that most are asymptomatic and doesn't need any health case/hospitalization but this thing spreading like wildfire + some cases are really bad/letal - we can't really ignore it....

Here in Brazil is quite peaceful, they give us the headcount deaths everyday but you don't see that many dying in rl (what makes me think that number is fake, and currently is at least 3x less than the real case numbers)

Everytime I go outside I dont wear the mask 😷, and people look at me as if i'm a fucking weirdo or some crazy maniac that wants to spread the virus. It's quite funny to think that just in a few months people are completely brainwashed, and dont even think about to disagree what the mainstream it's calling as "the worst virus of the century".

There's people that still believe Earth is flat. To each their own. As long as they don't hurt anyone in believing so...

if your country is 107 days without new cases and you have enough tests to cover up to 100k people/day you are free to re-open. Brazil and US are definetely out of this category.

It's even looking empty looking like that.
You had to see in Arraial do Cabo, I didn't see 1 person wearing a mask.

everyone here (5 people) in my house tested positive for covid, everything smooth so far except by my mom because she have diabetes, not even a flu!

Back