• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CPU Question

AchTung

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I just wanna ask around, if 2.66 ghz are enough for hosting a server with 600 players online. Ram and Net are high enough and won't cauz the problem, but somehow tfs takes so much cpu usage to run a server with high amount of players.
Just wondering, what might cuz so much usage since all my scripts are clean and we tested even other files which are completely different and still same CPU usage. Also Ram and net bandwith is enough so thats not the matter of laggs.
Maybe you know a reason? xd

2.66ghz of what (well, doesn'y really matter since 2.66ghz of any CPU is more then enough if you don't have crappy scriptings)?

Why are people expecting 600 players to be online at the same time?
Is it SERIOUSLY that easy to get?

Well, if you know that you got some skills, then you can expect such an amount of players. Also Intel Core i7 ;P And my scriptings aint bad but just curious since I saw while using the search fucntion, saw alot of problems like raising cpu up to 100% etc Also why not developing to make it able to use several cores?

multi core, you think it is easy to be done?

Several programs don't suport multi core.. and TFS don't use cpu, only scripts trash with infinite loops and some things like this!

Well I know that its hard to develop such things like multi core. Still they are developing TFS and they could aim now multi core. And well its true that TFS doesn't use CPU but scripts. Still doubt that I'm making infinite loops in scripts.

In some circumstances it can take 100% cpu.

And in those circumstances it will also use 100% CPU no matter what CPU you got. With no io delay comes 100% cpu, and with no io delay the issue are that you got nothing to delay it (Io bound servers, not cpu bound, and TFS is not a renderer or anything).

And well its true that TFS doesn't use CPU but scripts.
Even after disabling all my scripts except for spells for a few seconds, the CPU remained exactly the same - from 7%, averaging at 17%, peaking at 28%.

Actually, only disabling spells actually made a difference.

And in those circumstances it will also use 100% CPU no matter what CPU you got. With no io delay comes 100% cpu, and with no io delay the issue are that you got nothing to delay it (Io bound servers, not cpu bound, and TFS is not a renderer or anything).

I can reproduce 100% cpu caused by activity ingame. Especially with bot with scripts.

I can reproduce 100% cpu caused by activity ingame. Especially with bot with scripts.
Many items on tiles or in cylinders, they usually do it with gps and other trash items or with ignore capacity & buy with backpacks.

Hmm and what would happen if the CPU raise to 100% every 30 Minutes - 60 Minutes?

It can't technically rise to 100 unless you only have 1 core, but CPU spikes are always bad and shouldn't be ignored.

Well wondering since I played already loads of OT's with 500 players +/- and well pretty strange that some OT ain't got any lagg and the other OT got every 30-50 minutes lagg. Although both had same ram/cpu

It depends on what type of server is it, how is it configured, which OS, latency, host, uplink etc.

Well of course on a debian OS with high latency/uplink speed since its hosted by hosteam

Back