• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Create installer for your client

oen432

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Oen44
Instead of providing your server client as a archive, take it to next level and make a proper installer. Not only it looks more professional but allows users for better client management (own folder, uninstaller, desktop and start menu shortcuts etc.).

1. Download innosetup-6.0.5.exe from Inno Setup
  2. Install and launch, you will see this window
    HRDOadt.png
  3. Select Create a new script file using the Script Wizard and press OK
  4. Press Next until you get to this screen
    uVTSucN.png
  5. Fill inputs and press Next
    • Application name - this will mostly decide how shortcuts will be named
    • Application version - start with 1.0, whenever you make new installer, increase by 0.1
    • Application publisher - your server name
    • Application website - your server website
  6. This should be your next screen, I recommend to only change Application folder name (preferably to the same as Application name in previous step), press Next
    Ym7L1RC.png
  7. This screen is the most important, that's where you select your client files
    QJ0nLIQ.png
    1. Click on Browse... button and select your client executable file (e.g. otclient.exe)
    2. Click on Add file(s)... and select all files (without folders and WITHOUT .exe) that are next to your .exe file, this is how it should look so far
      D9g7ZIb.png
    3. Click on Add folder... and select each folder that is next to your .exe file, when asked to include subfolders, press Yes, this is how it looks now
      132XBD0.png
    4. Now one of the most important steps, do this for each folder that you added to the list; select folder, press Edit... and in Destination subfolder type the same name as the folder you just selected, example
      8cS0b8t.png
  8. When you are done with files, press Next and I recommend you to check the same way as here, remember to change Application Start Menu folder name to the same as Application name, press Next
    mKCCEPW.png
  9. You can skip Application Documentation screen so just press Next
  10. It's recommended to leave Setup Install Mode as it is, press Next
    MeFGnYy.png
  11. If you want you can select multiple languages for the installer, I'm selecting English only, press Next
  12. Last screen
    4ewAc7h.png
    • Custom compiler output folder - where installer file will be saved
    • Compiler output base file name - name of the install file
    • Custom Setup icon file - you can select icon that will be used by the installer, leave empty for default icon
    • Setup password - if you want to protect installer with password (not recommended)
  13. Press Next twice and then Finish
  14. If you want, you can compile (create installer file) right away, so press Yes, then again Yes (save your installer script file for future use), if you want to compile later, press Compile button
    wj4ItIx.png
    or Ctrl+F9.
That's all, your installer is ready and can be shared.

I appreciate your work you put in this, but I'd like to tell to others that for the God's sake, don't create this shit. Never consider creating an installer for your client unless you are running a Pokemon or Dragon Ball server.

I hardly ever open any older versions which show to be a potential virus containing files (normally these are false positive), imagine installing something that you have no clue what they're downloading inside your computer, and these files are in no way certified by anyone. Some random who decided to open these 10.x servers from BR forums, with a global or similar suffix, could consider such things.

I appreciate your work you put in this, but I'd like to tell to others that for the God's sake, don't create this shit. Never consider creating an installer for your client unless you are running a Pokemon or Dragon Ball server.

I hardly ever open any older versions which shows to be potential virus containing file (normally these are false positive), imagine installing something that you have no clue what they're downloading inside your computer and these files are in no way certified by anyone. Some random who decided to open these 10.x servers from BR forums, with a global or similar suffix, could consider such things.
Because every person here wants to steal your data, hack your bank account and do harm to your computer.

Why wouldn't a person take such an advantage if they had knowledge of how to do so? Why do I feel like you're one of them? 🙃

the problem with this is that when people downloads it . it's always recognized as a virus so they delete it

Back