• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Creativity - Post your mapping ideas

@SCREECH In this barge I love that it makes sense this chain wheels, engine and buoys!

I made this Windmill and scarecrows, looks quite nice when animated (scarecrows with birds, not windmill :/ )
imoZzUu.png

@SCREECH In this barge I love that it makes sense this chain wheels, engine and buoys!

I made this Windmill and scarecrows, looks quite nice when animated (scarecrows with birds, not windmill :/ )
imoZzUu.png
the scarecrow idea is interesting, though I feel the demon oak crows new animation would just ruin it

I don't have this sprites because I have no idea how to update my server and RME to the newest version with new sprites, without loosing extensions in RME and changed items information in items.otb and all progres I did changing actions, serwer information, exp rates etc. I am also scared to add any new custom sprites because I would have no idea how to update server without loosing it. Anyway all links to the forgotten serwer on github which looks exactly same as mine :/

If there was any good soul who could explain how to keep keeping your serwer updated :/

Anyway still can use a bit of creativity
003513.png003512.png

You can exchange training statue shield with hang-able one :)
006098.png

But please If you have any idea of how to solve this problem please let me know,
I'm putting "walkable water" under "log" but then I turn into swimmer :(
006085.png

View attachment 58222
I have clean (almost) TFS 1.2 + walkable sea under the log and it works fine for me.
Im not an expert but check these files:
data/movements/movements.xml (search for "swimming")
data/movements/scripts/swimming.lua

if i remember right the walkable sea and swimming sea are different ids

Swimming water = 4620
Walkable water = 4825

Last edited:
Thanks all, I needed all answers to solve problem:
@SCREECH - I had to remember that I must leave some already done ponds with swimming and one i want to change must be different
@Cwiras - That was real solution I had both 4620 and 4820 assigned as swimming
@Sharp - Thanks to You I split both walkable waters on one I wanna swim in and second I wanna walk above

I also had idea of swimmable sand in paradox dream but I'll check this^^

Anyway I changed rock border so that it can fit to plants below rather than be cut off it
006104.png

Last edited:
A fellow mapper was asking about "electrical circuit" ideas and such, and I figured this would be a cool one to share for anyone who wants to make "circuit" areas or steampunk areas~
1627096780979.png

Also dropped a set of screenshots of an entire steampunk palette in the Mapping & Spriting discord, if anyone wants to check that out~​

no underwater tiles for sand and you can't edit the otb? do this!

the downside is that you're unpushable in these tiles once you drop one item

alternatively: 8343 + 4771

Attachments

Back