• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Current DDoS Attacks

SeloothDominik

Banned User
Reaction score
I have a Charackter on Morgana and it is impossible to play right now, because we have Kicks/Lags all the time. How is it on you World? Same Problem?

Greets,
S

Valoria (open pvp)
Celesta (optional pvp)
Both are fine and only froze once in the past 3 hours. (Didn't bot before that)

You're just finding out about this now? Tibia has been undergoing major DDoS attacks since June.
There's a specific thread made by CIP in the Technical Support board only for DDoS attack information.

They also have implemented a new system to mitigate the DDoS attacks' impact on the game's death penalty. If your character dies in the middle of a lost connection, your character will be sent to the temple and you won't lose a thing, not even EXP.

I hate this. I really hope this doesn't affect tibia's overall playerbase.
Btw if you check the site you can see that very many servers are off (first time I see them off)
But Antica where I play/used to play has like 400 players online, I assume people from the closed servers are beginning to log onto other worlds or that one just doesn't have a problem :eek:

I don't understand why anyone would DDoS Cipsoft anyways.

The Server which are offline are all North American Servers.. It is said that the DDoS Attacks comes from a "Brutinho" from Brazil... lol

S

August 9th from Latest news:

With today's server save, we implemented a measure to mitigate the negative impact that such extensive connection issues obviously have on your game experience.

If your death counts as a PvE death, this means any death that is not a PvP death, and is a direct consequence of exceptional connection issues such as a heavy DDoS attack, you will not receive any death penalty. You will be teleported to the temple but you will neither lose experience, nor skills, nor items, nor blessings, nor an Amulet of Loss.

Hm, doesnt really seems to work haha:D
S

Funny I've heard alot of different shit about who it is.

The leader of Ocera is apparently supposed to be doing it since his 2 highest levels got deleted with over 2000kk

Which is apparently 30k USD

but Idk how true that is, I don't care either to be honest. Just need them to stop :p

August 9th from Latest news:

With today's server save, we implemented a measure to mitigate the negative impact that such extensive connection issues obviously have on your game experience.

If your death counts as a PvE death, this means any death that is not a PvP death, and is a direct consequence of exceptional connection issues such as a heavy DDoS attack, you will not receive any death penalty. You will be teleported to the temple but you will neither lose experience, nor skills, nor items, nor blessings, nor an Amulet of Loss.

Hm, doesnt really seems to work haha:D
S

It works for some though, it has worked for me and my brother.
CipSoft understands that it doesn't work for everyone, but they have a good reasoning that it's the best they can do right now. The system is in its initial stage, still has development and needs improvement.

But why introduce it now when it doesn't even work with 100% accuracy? Well, that's easy. Let's say we have 2 scenarios in a DDoS connection crash (with system, and without system; as well as a participant of 100 people, just for example).

Without system,
100 people dead.

With system,
50 people dead and 50 people saved.

Which one is better? That's their explanation. Roll it out ASAP to protect as much as they can, then keep tuning it up.

2000kk, 30000USD? Holy Shit haha:D

I am not really raging about my Deaths. I mean ok, I lost 2x Blessings but w/e..

The mainproblem is that you cant go level anymore without thinking about that shit lags/kicks and that you could die lol

S

Funny I've heard alot of different shit about who it is.

The leader of Ocera is apparently supposed to be doing it since his 2 highest levels got deleted with over 2000kk

Which is apparently 30k USD

but Idk how true that is, I don't care either to be honest. Just need them to stop :p

Wow, that's pathetic, lol.

Well, I think you should care because when these kinds of things it's almost impossible not to lose players and if that keeps happening tibia will eventually die, RL and OT :<

18k players online right now :)

I hope they will find a solution to stop theese attackers as soon as possible :D

Havent really had any problems yet, shadowcores must gain alot of players atm :p

Just been hit by ddos on 2 worlds
Seems like its every 4 hours for me

Back