• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Current DDoS Attacks

You're just finding out about this now? Tibia has been undergoing major DDoS attacks since June.
There's a specific thread made by CIP in the Technical Support board only for DDoS attack information.

They also have implemented a new system to mitigate the DDoS attacks' impact on the game's death penalty. If your character dies in the middle of a lost connection, your character will be sent to the temple and you won't lose a thing, not even EXP.

>about to die > rip out router from wall > net cut > didn't lose anything.

or can't be abused?

Quote of Craban:

Just to summarize all these things:

We are working on improving our detection of big connection problems.

Based on that system we want for PvE deaths:

All deaths that occur after a detection will not have any death penalty.
All deaths that occur right before a detection will get experience, skill and blessing loss back.

Once those two things are done, we want to compensate the deaths that occurred since the attacks started up to when those systems work. The plan here is:

Compensate each such death with experience, skills and blessings.

Finally, we want to compensate for the time people have not gone hunting at all due to the problems. For that, the current plan is:

Compensate the time that people have not spent hunting with individual double experience and skill to make the time you spend hunting later worth more to help catch up with the lost hunting time.

So, this does indeed mean that one player may get a few deaths without death penalty, a few others in the future compensated on one of the next logins automatically, a few more deaths from the past weeks compensated from us and some time double EXP/skill to activate individually.

Now, especially the last part only makes sense once we have the actual attacks under better control. Therefore, I cannot tell you when we will tackle those plans. I also cannot yet guarantee that all this works out as planned and outlined here, but it is likely.

Finally, these are plans in motion and we may change the plans on the fly as well.

I see another tibia related irl accident on way to happen.
last guy I heard got hurt was two broken legs and 2 months coma for stealing 20kk from some friend....

When will people learn that being a bastard on internet, will get you into same problems or worse, than being a bastard irl. I mean, people gotta wake up, it's soooo easy to track anyone and anything if you just know how.

Ive heard more rumours about these DDOSers than there are worlds on Tibia :D

Died myself 2 times today on a noobchar, thought if i can't hunt on main ill have some fun on noobchar :p

ask cipsoft not me.
but is obvius, all of these people from the sam worlds, also high lvls (with experience) + they are br.
experience + br= or chetaer or hacker.
look at lord paulistinhashit.

For the kids:

VE4Cg3G.png

12 Year Old Gabriel Kuhn Killed Over Tibia MMORPG Money
This is one of the most messed up gore stories ever. 12 year old Gabriel Kuhn was friends with 16 year old Daniel Petry. Both were fans of MMORPG computer game called Tibia. Gabriel Kuhn wanted to progress in his game but he was short on game money so he asked his buddy Daniel Petry if he could borrow 20,000 Tibia money from his account. Daniel transferred requested funds to Gabriel’s account but wanted it back later on. This is where it gets pretty messed up.

Gabriel Kuhn failed to transfer the Tibia funds back to Daniel Petry’s account and that got Daniel upset so much, he stormed Gabriel’s house and killed his friend by strangling him to death. He wanted to hide the body in the attic, but being 1,8 meters above ground, this wasn’t an easy task. Determined to conceal the murder, Daniel took a knife and a hacksaw and sawed Gabriel’s legs off to make him weigh less. But then… Gabe’s mom returned back home to find her 12 year old son dead and with legs cut off.

Here’s the best part. The names don’t really make the location of this horrific killing clear, and I have purposefully left it for the end. The names truly don’t sound Portuguese enough, but it did happen in good old Brazil. Where fucking else. Killing is a way of life in Brazil. People seem to live to kill down there. And that doesn’t exclude kids in any way, shape or form.

Velha Central where the killing took place is a town not far from Blumenau in Medio Vale, Santa Catarina State in southern Brazil. Further investigation into the killing by the police revealed that Daniel Petry also sodomized Gabriel Kuhn after killing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a BR and hating most of the BR Tibian Players, I sure am an exception, lol...

About the story, yes, this guy (Brutinho) and 3 other friends were DDoSing CIP servers because his characters got banished and he lost something like 20k worth of real money (who cares? if you cheated, my dear, sorry for you) and because he had problems with another guild (Fall Out).
The thing is, this boy is from MY CITY (oh god, why?) and because of such attacks, he got all his information leaked (facebook, real name, telephone numbers, address, parents info, sister info, etc) and people started calling him in RL and started threatening him. The problem is, he is not just a normal boy, he is what we call here "vida loka" and those people are kinda ill-minded, they do drugs, they steal, they get into fights for bullshit, etc. So I wouldn't be surprised if he actually got murdered but it wouldn't be much of a shock as the case of the 12yo boy, true.

Apparently, after the leaking of his information and CIP's investigations, they deleted all his characters and banished all of his accounts and CIP even contacted our police, which demanded him to stop the attacks, which now have stopped.

It is a weird story and I don't think it has come to an end.

I hope it wasn't a verbal instruction to tell them to stop.
I hope the police raided and confiscated all electronic devices. These people deserve 0 connection to the web.

Funny I've heard alot of different shit about who it is.

The leader of Ocera is apparently supposed to be doing it since his 2 highest levels got deleted with over 2000kk

Which is apparently 30k USD

but Idk how true that is, I don't care either to be honest. Just need them to stop :p
I don't think he'd be able to sell it if it's all on Ocera, anyone with half a brain knows not to play there because of how power abused the server is.
This whole DDOS story is lulz

I don't think he'd be able to sell it if it's all on Ocera, anyone with half a brain knows not to play there because of how power abused the server is.
This whole DDOS story is lulz

He rules many worlds actually xD

Back