• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom client with local ip

MrVilhelm

Mafia Penguin
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
MrVilhelm
Hey everyone! šŸ¤“

Soo I was following this tutorial and everything was going great
I made some quick domains at Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP (https://www.noip.com/) and used my What's my IP, ip in the ip target section.
problem is that Im not able to connect since my intranet does not allow loopbacks.

So I thought that redirecting the domains to 127.0.0.1 instead would work since connecting with localhost works just fine!
But sadly I was mistaken.

Is there some workaround on this. I mean I would really like to add custom sprites and a custom client but this seems very hard to do if I cant do any testing with it ingame.
And paying for a host right now aint an option right now since, well firstly, I dont have the money, secondly I know nothing about dedicated hosting and would probably end up scamming myself if I tried getting a dedicated host set up šŸ˜…

Well thank you for reading, hope I explained the problem well! Have a great day and as usual, any information that could lead to me solving this would be really appreciated!
Post automatically merged:

*Update

I added my external ips ( all 3 of them ) to my hosts file. Now Im reaching the charpage, but still wont connect!
*Update 2

Okay problem solved! The solution was to add all the domains to my hosts file, than in config.lua
Lua:
ip = "my ip directing to my What's my ip"
, the problem in the first update was that I had my What's my ip in config.lua, and since I had't added that to my hosts it didnt work. Anywho. Problem solved! šŸ¤“ā¤ļø

Hope that this thread could help people with similar problems!

Goodnight everyone ā¤ļø

Last edited:
Back