• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Custom Global Map for less than 1 Gb RAM (Raspberry PI)

guiismiti

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello

This is not meant to be an advertising thread.

I am hosting a custom global map in a Raspberry PI 2 (has 1 Gb RAM).
It is currently using around 600~700 Mb RAM.
The thing is, I deleted more than half of the map and left most interesting areas. It currently weighs 39.7 Mb (full global map has 120+ Mb).
I'm posting about it because I know that there are many people who don't have enough RAM for a full global map, either because that their machine doesn't have 4+ Gb RAM or they cannot pay for too much RAM when renting a server.
Also, I imagine that there are other people who have a RPi and may be interested on hosting an OT with it.

I have heavily modified this data pack (not only the map, but most scripts... a LOT of things fixed)
[10.77][TFS 1.2] ORTS, a real map project

And I'm using Lundrial's 10.95 engine (a few modifications)
[10.95 + Cast] [TFS 1.2] Custom modifications V2

It is currently in test mode (all test rates are very high).
I need people to help me test it;
People to help me manage it if I can get enough people online in the future, for it to be worth it.

The server has a lot of exclusive or new stuff. I hope to see those ideas implemented in other servers in the future.

I may upload this data pack and engine in the near future, depending on how this goes and if I fix some remaining bugs.

If you are interested or have some tips, let me know.
If you want to help me test it, search for fardos in otservlist.

Last edited:
Back