• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Custom] GreedOT Alpha

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi guys! I haven't officially release my server, but it is opened already for alpha testers. The server is running with TFS 1.4 8.6 (nekiro) and mehah's otclient (requiered to play), and would be nice to get my first players :) So, the invitation is open, you can register on the website Greed Online (http://greedot.net/) and download the client on the website. I open this thread on discussion forum because I would love to know what are your first impressions and how was your experience, and discuss it here.

Thanks for reading,
Regards!

I've broken my first-play alpha comments into two categories for you below, overall I enjoyed checking out the map a bit and it is great to see more custom ots being developed!

Client
  • 'select your language' font is almost unreadable
  • customize the revision information bottom right of login screen
  • first channel selected on first login is 'help channel' - probably force activate default channel
  • decrease top margin on language name text below flag images
  • custimize appdata folder names to suit your game (currently the following was created for greedot: %appdata%\otclient\otclient\otclient\*)
  • change client window name from OTClient --> Greed (or whatever) + it'd be nice if it displayed your character name too
  • update defaults to include 'show left panel' as this centers the chat window nicely (personal opinion)
  • show connection ping option doesn't work (this might also require a server-side patch)
  • ctrl+shift+r (reload modules) should probably be disabled as it currently breaks the UI until relogging and has potential for abuse
  • option 'Draw Viewport Edge' doesn't appear to do anything (or I don't know what it does!)
  • option 'Draw Floating Effects' doesn't appear to do anything (or I don't know what it does!)
  • option 'Don't stretch/shrink Game Window' ruins the 16:9 zoom ratio and causes other issues, turning the option off again doesn't return you to a 16:9 zoom either, you must reload or restart client
  • left click in a diagonal position causes you to walk diagonally, this is non-standard behavior but probably intended
  • issues with battle list in regards to ordering. Typically the preferred ordering is by 'screen age' - this feature has been included in otclientv8 and I think is entirely in lua
  • white messages e.g. 'You cannot use this object' appear at the bottom of the screen, over the top of the chat window - this is difficult to see. In my opinion it would be nicer and more familiar if they appeared above the chat window, or potentially utilise the space above the game window
  • when changing outfits, if you change the colors first, the colors will reset if you change the outfit type - this is a bit annoying
  • I personally don't like that the chat window overlaps the bottom 'bar' of my screen
  • cannot open a corpse on a ladder (not via context menu, or edge of tile) and corpse-move lock makes this annoying
  • cannot open a container under a creature without using context menu (edge of tile method doesn't work)
  • default 'shadow floor intensity' is too great - hard to see ramps down and contrast is just generally too high between current and lower levels

Gameplay
Based on level 8-13 gameplay:
  • minor spells like exori min flam would make the early game more accessible
  • rats, bears, bugs - too weak/slow
  • trolls - too weak/slow
  • wild warriors under trolls - too strong (2 at a time straight away)
  • outlaw camp too strong (too many amazons, valks at entry)
  • north undeads too strong (ghost, mummy)
  • south west surface undeads good as you can run them

@Michael 4463 as I said before, thanks a lot for your feedback! it is very appreciated and what you suggest surely be applied. There's some points I could think more, but the client feedback is just awesome 10/10 :D

Some hours ago had a first play with a friend, we found some bugs, had fun leveling, overall, the gameplay was fun. I leave you guys a raw video of it (without edits), a 56 min aprox. of early exploring with a Knight and a Paladin at the city of Kilika.

Since it's an alpha, you will see some missing stuff such as more accurate NPC's but that's on development and will be added very soon (since LUA work is a bit more faster than c++ and mapping)

Regards!

A resume of theese days. Did a second gameplay video, from level 23 to 30 with the company of two players (special thanks to Rosado and Rarity ;)).

I've been receiving good feedback on discord too. I am aware that more accurate NPCs are the most requested feature by now.
1633189710266.png

A 100% uptime its been done perfectly, no crashes so far. Here's the progress of the charts, it is growing slowly but very active due anti-bot feature (client-side and server-side).
1633189827724.png

A honest thanks for thoose who's contributing and playing, it is been fun to play this days and stop developing for a little. I run an exact copy of the server locally, and as soon all the users feed got solved (bugs, suggestions, etc.), will be uploaded at once to the VPS with the intention of maintaining the 100% uptime.

Ty for reading,
Regards!

Today's update. I took the users feedback, to get my hands into work and finish the NPC update.

Changelog:

1. Rin: This NPC is a weapon shopkeeper. It is been made based on a mix of Tibia NPCs reviewing each one at NPCs Comerciante de Armaduras - Tibia Wiki (https://www.tibiawiki.com.br/wiki/NPCs_Comerciante_de_Armaduras). A little change on the Haorun, Gnomission, and Flint prices it's been made and the money received was reduced to 50% to get a better economy on the server.
  2. O'aka: Same as Rin, but an equip shopkeeper. It has been done based on NPCs Comerciante de Armas - Tibia Wiki (https://www.tibiawiki.com.br/wiki/NPCs_Comerciante_de_Armas), and has 50% decreased price to Haorun, Gnomission and Flint items.
  3. Brother: The only NPC you can't find at depots, anyways, it is near them. You can sell any creature product to him, based on NPCs Comerciantes de Produtos de Criaturas - Tibia Wiki (https://www.tibiawiki.com.br/wiki/NPCs_Comerciantes_de_Produtos_de_Criaturas), has items from Yasir, Malunga, etc. The downgraded items of Greed (such as goosebump leathers, frazzle tongues, etc.) are included too.
Example
brother_pricelist.png

Other NPCS

• Keyakku and Lucil: This NPCs has nothing special. They're well prepared Equipment and Food shopkeepers.
  • Clasko: The banker. Can be found at depots.
  • Nimrook and Jassu: Blessers, can be found at temples.
  • Jyscal: Magic Shopkeeper. You won't be able to obtain runes here since players must runemake to get them. Very soon you will be able to buy supreme health potions, ultimate mana potions and ultimate spirit potions.

Also i've been aware of some bugs at houses. Now they're all fixed. A special thanks for those who has been playing this days, I know I couldn't do theese fixes more quickly so thanks for the patient.

Regards!

Last edited:
Back