• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cypher Online [Custom Server] Details & Why It Needs You..

Hey there, loving the sounds of this server, if you need another Beta tester or anything, lemme know. I'll be more than happy to help. :)

I also got to take a look at a few features on the very start of the server, and I must say it definitely felt like something that RPG players will enjoy. I can't say much more because there hasn't been that much to see, but from what there was (and from my conversations with Jaed), I can tell that Cypher is in good hands and will become something terrific once it's finished. Keep up the good work Jaed :)

I've added quite a long since you last took a spin, and you're welcome to check it out any time you desire :)

World/Environmental Loot Distribution

Distributing loot within Cypher Online won't only be via enemies and quests. Every single region in Cypher Online has been designed to as a means of fairly distributing loot across the players, as a means of sparking and supplementing a player-driven economy. From certain dead corpses dropping worms and other items normally seen as useless trash, players will be able to gather gold, weapon fragments, cloth and leather resources, simply by exploring and attempting to loot boxes, chests, and even furniture that they come across.

7HEcS

This was designed very intentionally, so that for certain areas it is quite obvious that the developer is speaking to you that "Hey! There's an abnormally large gathering of crates/boxes here! What are the odds that they're ALL empty? Probably not!". Yet, there are areas such as caves and hidden sections in a region that are far more subtle, and it will take a careful eye or a consistent looting mindset to come across. Either way, this design has made it so that players not only explore to discover new enemies, areas, and quests, but to also see what they'll be able to loot/gather from their adventures.

Last edited:
Im glad to see yet another custom server style, OT is going in the right direction.
I will for sure follow this, don't make it TOO BIG, we rather see it finished in a smaller phase then crashed during big dreams.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Im glad to see yet another custom server style, OT is going in the right direction.
I will for sure follow this, don't make it TOO BIG, we rather see it finished in a smaller phase then crashed during big dreams.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Thank you very much Eldin, I wish you a ton of success as well, for the good of custom servers. The great thing is that I've actually designed the server pretty simply. A lot of the custom features of this server have been simple script templates that can be copy, pasted, and then modified for different applications. You can take a look at all my script requests and noticed that it's all been templates, as they've been a method for me to return to Open Tibia and refresh my memory, as well as learn what's changed over the past 2+ years. Anyway, I work on this server every single day, adding new content and features, and it's rapidly coming together :)

Glad to hear that, I've seen your requests and got some use for some myself.
Lets bring some epicness back!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Mana/Health Regeneration Over Time Ability

With the remake of the Food System, a deeply rooted system within Tibia was erased. Because of this, it's added a level of difficulty that many would find pleasingly challenging. In a move that might seem to take away a depth of challenge, the developer of Cypher Online has decided to implement equipment that either grants the wearer the ability of health/mana regeneration over time, or improve it if they already have equipment pieces that grant said regeneration ability. There are two defaults with this system, and that it will be the ticks for each ability. The default tick for health regeneration will be 3 seconds, while mana regeneration will be 2 seconds. Different armors and armor pieces will increase the amount of health/mana gained per tick, which will improve that player's regeneration ability.

There are pros and cons to these armors system. These pros and cons can be seen below.

7HA0I.jpg

Pros:
These armor pieces will not have any class requirements. Essentially, anyone will be able to wear them.
Some of these armor pieces will come with magic level boost, but they'll be very minor. In this same breath, some pieces will not come with magic level boosts.
When worn in together, as a set of one regeneration ability, these armor pieces will prove to be extremely useful and valuable.
These armor pieces won't come with -speed, like the Apostle/heavy armors do. However, they won't have anywhere near the same amount of armor rating as Apostle/heavy armors do.

Cons:
The amount of health/mana received will be less than the robes/capes that mages (Evokers and Elders) will wear.
The magic level boost(s) received from these armor pieces will also be less than the robes/capes that mages will wear.
Because of how useful mana and health regeneration over time will be, the overall armor rating(s) compared to every other armor type in the game will be dramatically lower.

Furthermore
Players will not be the only one benefiting from this system however. Enemies, such as Huntsmen and Devouring Apprentices and Evokers will thrive from this system. To add a layer of challenge and realism to the Cypher Online, the very same regeneration amounts and ticks given by these armor pieces will also be given to the creatures and enemies that wear them. This will allow players to realize that killing said enemy will give them a chance (though low and rare), of looting an armor piece that grants regeneration over time.
Please note that this only applies to health regeneration pieces, as creatures do not have a mana system of their own.

Overall, the developer believes that the pros and cons set in place will allow for a new dynamic and gameplay choice for players, while adding a new element that will help birth and fuel a thriving, player-driven economy.​

Last edited:
Would love to help look for bugs fixes. Free from mon-thurs atm and have nothing else I'm playing right now.

Send me a pm if you're interested.

My feedback:
I have nothing to say, everything that you have is just amazing; great work.
Keep it up me lady ;D
Farewell.

Your Mark Is Left Forever

It's something I've done within every OT I've ever developed with the help of others, and Cypher Online will be no different. In the past I've designed a hall of fame building to commemorate the contributions of those who have been absolutely integral to the development of any of my servers. This time I've done a little twist, and made it into a Garden of Statues in which an actual statue will be dedicated to someone who has been an absolutely important part to developing Cypher Online. The first three statues have been implemented, and they're dedicated to @SpookieGamer @Limos and @Ninja. Thank you.

7S1yl

7S1A8

7S1zx

It's something I've done within every OT I've ever developed with the help of others, and Cypher Online will be no different. In the past I've designed a hall of fame building to commemorate the contributions of those who have been absolutely integral to the development of any of my servers. This time I've done a little twist, and made it into a Garden of Statues in which an actual statue will be dedicated to someone who has been an absolutely important part to developing Cypher Online. The first three statues have been implemented, and they're dedicated to @SpookieGamer @Limos and @Ninja. Thank you.

7S1yl

7S1A8

7S1zx

you are absolute 100% original <3
never saw someone like you
who honored to work with another team
btw
believe me with Ninja & Limos , will be great server

every new update gets me more excited to play this one day. keep working on it and i know it will be legendary!

But don't forget to advertise this server to the fullest when releasing it and not just putting an advertising thread 2 days in advance like a lot of servers do

Let me tell you this:
This is going to be an amazing server one day, thanks to your amazing IMAGINATION.
I'm so grateful to be able to test this server before it has been opened to the public.

What I like about the server:
  • Unique features.
  • It has been a long time since I found challenging to kill monsters, this server just wants to step on you!
  • Only one vocation being able to heal friends and itself, they can also use good spells that do damage after a while and are also a bit squishy so its balanced. (When I was testing this vocation I had to run everywhere to be able to survive!Fun times.
  • Map.... uff many secrets :) She knows how to hide stuff when at the same time keeping a good looking place.
  • Bartering! I don't really know how it will work, but I heard that you get these materials to make new items?.... maybe. It adds something else for you to do.
  • Random containers with stuff in them. Bodies, chests, baskets, etc.
  • Herbs! There's only one vocation that heals right? what about the other vocations? Well, here you have it. You can get herbs that will help you regenerate mana or health.
  • Items that have the ability to give you a regeneration boost.
  • Elites (Bosses). Do you want/need something more challenging? Try to kill one of these elites.... I bet you will need a party to be able to kill them.
  • Food! Having them give you a bonus is a great idea.
  • Summoner vocation.... just great! I really like what you've done with them, I have never seen a good summoner vocation in any server that I've played before.
  • Pretty balanced. Some vocations might start a little slower, but at higher levels is almost the same. There are downs and ups for every vocation, but thats the fun of it. You will need help from the other vocation to be able to do quests, kill elites, and explore the map, therefor the community will unite once again (I hope so).

There's a lot more things, but these are the things that I found most interesting for now. I hope to see more unique features like these coming in the near future.
Farewell.

PS: @Jaed Le Raep Thank you for the statue. You know that whenever I have the time I will test for you, after all I'm a gamer... I like to play video-games.

Last edited:

7S1yl

7S1A8

7S1zx

Waiting for a Lifer one :(

Awesome to see you're still at work Jaedy, it's been a long, long time since I stepped foot in Angelic Fury and I wasn't disappointed then, I'm sure this will trump it!

I am indeed still looking for testers (dedicated ones). I've been hard at work making a depth of content that won't be easily blown through or discovered. Essentially, players will be able to level up via finding a hunting space that they feel is suitable (which, admittedly, there won't be many, purposefully so). However, it won't garner you the equipment, augments, and quest prizes that exploring and discovering new areas will :)

Back