• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Cypher Online [Custom Server] Details & Why It Needs You..

I am indeed still looking for testers (dedicated ones). I've been hard at work making a depth of content that won't be easily blown through or discovered. Essentially, players will be able to level up via finding a hunting space that they feel is suitable (which, admittedly, there won't be many, purposefully so). However, it won't garner you the equipment, augments, and quest prizes that exploring and discovering new areas will :)
I've helped test multiple ots such as Necronia and other servers by shiva. And also different versions of deathzot/Otmadness/RoA. So if I'm able to beta test this that would be awesome and would give you the best feedback possible

THE IMPORTANCE OF EXPLORATION

I ask, what is the point of having worked tirelessly on a map filled with challenges and content for hours on end if a player never discovers it? For a developer, it's disheartening to realize players never touch on something you spent time crafting specifically for them. Due to this, I've developed a system that further motivates players to explore the map and discover new places. Every single area and region in Cypher Online, when discovered, will give a player exp. The amount given will be dictated by that area's level of difficulty and the challenges ahead. The greater the challenge, the more exp received for simply discovering that area.

89Mj0.png

This system isn't just about the areas outside of towns, however, they're also a system to motivate players to discover every inch of a town and find where all of that town's shops and areas of significance are, without the use of map marks. From that town's Blacksmith, Banker, and Herbalist, to that town's dueling arena and other Points of Interest such as the Temple, whenever a player first comes across these points, a message will be sent to them and their quest log with that area's/town's Exploration Log will be updated.

8b9uL.png
8b9HQ.png

Major credit goes to @Ninja for his help with his support with troubleshooting this feature's script.

Last edited:
More Details On The Herb System

Having already revealed that herbs will be the main method of healing your wounds and other ailments in Cypher Online (unless you're an Elder), here are even more details about the system. Herbs, just like many other resources such as different fruits and vegetables, will have their own growth system. Scattered across the map will be bushes that either 1 time spawn a herb, or will have a herb grow on it, based on a random timer that won't be revealed. What this means is that as players travel, they'll be able to gather herbs from bushes, and if a herb has been un-tapped long enough, there could be a multitude of herbs per bush.

8bm7C.png

As stated, this system doesn't only apply to herbs, but also to other resources and food, such as carrots, loot in a NPC's house, and much more.
8bmDE.png

The update revolves around the search for a serious partner that will aide with the development and finality of this server.

The update revolves around the search for a serious partner that will aide with the development and finality of this server.
Have you really worked on anything... The little test I took part in was fun as hell and challenging haha

Yeah back when I tested it there wasn't much to test to so I got bored :( but as soon as there's a decent amount I'll gladly test again. :)

Gotta love your approach

Rewarding exploration its a great idea, I really like it.

Best of luck

Waypoint Teleport System!

Cypher Online is a RPG server with a few very specific beliefs. The main one being that we want you to be in the field at least 80% of the time you're playing the game. We don't want to bog you down with minor inconveniences that make you have to return to town, after all, the wilderness is far more exciting to explore (though towns do have treasures all their own!).

The Waypoint Teleport System in Cypher Online was made to combat a few issues that face almost every server/MMORPG. 1 - Gold Sinks. 2 - Convenience. 3 - Challenge. The first few landmarks players discover will be easily found via exploration. To travel between landmarks, you must pay a certain range of gold, depending on the continent you're on and which part of that continent you wish to travel. The higher the level of area you want to revisit, the more it's going to cost.

8d547eb190.jpg

The best part of this system is the fact that a player must have first discovered the landmark to be able to travel to it. For Eragoth, (the "beginning" continent), you'll find yourself paying 200 gold to travel between points. This is quite steep for early stages within the server, so expect travel between these points to become quite expensive.

Side Note: Please refer to the first post for the link to this server's official forum.

I'll soon be giving details on how NPCs in Cypher Online will be similar to the "oldschool" way. Besides the first.. 3-5 NPCs that you'll come across, no other NPCs will have blue highlighted words for you to type out without having to read/think about the NPC dialogue. Albeit, there won't be a ton of NPC interaction in Cypher Online due to the fact that I've developed the server so that you're constantly in the field, or in town resting from being in the field so much. Similar to old school Tibia, there are lots, and lots, and lots of chests to be found and treasures to discover.

Back