• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Damson and Mystic - Updating server

Gaddhuve

Solutions
Reaction score
Howdy.

So for over a year now I have been using the 0.3.4p2 Crying Damson version of TFS and my community has grown quite large as has the world and scripts. But as time goes by so does technology and
it's time for my OTserv to grow from 8.42 to a 8.7. I looked around and found TFS v0.2.10 (Mystic Spirit) for 8.7 just like I wanted.

However, when trying to transfer my files and DB it cant be called anything but a faliure. It seems as the Database structure has changed and among other things you only have Account Number & ID
instead of what I was using, account name.

It also seems as alot of the functions used in Crying Damson is not the same as in Mystic Spirit wich leaves me with a shit load of errors. I belive it took about 5 min to show all errors in the GUI.

Is there anything anyone could advice for someone in my position. That'd be very much appreciated!

Regards,
Gaddhuvud

Update your crying damson to use 8.7 by editing the sources, 0.2.x is a whole different branch which doesn't include all functions that are in the 0.3.x and 0.4(dev) (like the account names for example).

Hi and thank you for taking the time to responde.

Is there any way you are aware of that will make the server answer to a 8.7 client by editing the sources? I have changed this bit in resources.h

Lua:
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 8.7
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 8.7
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STRING "Only clients with protocol 8.41 or 8.42 allowed!"

#define STATUS_SERVER_NAME "The Forgotten Server"
#define STATUS_SERVER_VERSION "0.3.4"
#define STATUS_SERVER_CODENAME "Crying Damson"
#define STATUS_SERVER_PROTOCOL "8.7"

#define VERSION_CHECK "http://forgottenserver.otland.net/version.xml"
#define VERSION_PATCH 2
#define VERSION_TIMESTAMP 1242396574
#define VERSION_BUILD 1879
#define VERSION_DATABASE 13

... without success. Is there anything else Im missing? :)

Kind regards,
Gaddhuvud

Hi and thank you for taking the time to responde.

Is there any way you are aware of that will make the server answer to a 8.7 client by editing the sources? I have changed this bit in resources.h

Lua:
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MIN 8.7
#define CLIENT_VERSION_MAX 8.7
#define CLIENT_VERSION_STRING "Only clients with protocol 8.41 or 8.42 allowed!"

#define STATUS_SERVER_NAME "The Forgotten Server"
#define STATUS_SERVER_VERSION "0.3.4"
#define STATUS_SERVER_CODENAME "Crying Damson"
#define STATUS_SERVER_PROTOCOL "8.7"

#define VERSION_CHECK "http://forgottenserver.otland.net/version.xml"
#define VERSION_PATCH 2
#define VERSION_TIMESTAMP 1242396574
#define VERSION_BUILD 1879
#define VERSION_DATABASE 13

... without success. Is there anything else Im missing? :)

Kind regards,
Gaddhuvud
That won't do at all. I suggest you donate and get a revision from the private subversion, it's alot, and I mean ALOT better. Upgrading from 8.4 to 8.7 is too much work and doing just that will debug clients.

So what you are telling me is if I donate to OTland I can get a version of TFS that supports both a 8.7 client and my former 0.3.4p2 TFS database?

Back