• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dark Blue theme gone

I'm so sorry that you cannot comprehend the simple fact that updates and patches need to happen in every software; for maintenance, security issues, new functionalities, support etc etc.

And what forum "script" are you referring to? There's no universal script.
You're full of complaints, and you have 0 solutions. Perhaps try to change your outlook on things - that's a good tip for when you apply for jobs too. Sure, complain about something that is an actual problem, but don't just complain without coming with the solution as well. Or at least a proposal that is just not outright sad.
Do you have a problem with reading? The solution I proposed is to stop updating so things stop breaking, it's that simple. Don't you see you get more bugs when you update?

Do you have a problem with reading? The solution I proposed is to stop updating so things stop breaking, it's that simple. Don't you see you get more bugs when you update?
You've studied IT for 5 years and your suggestion is to "stop updating". Things aren't breaking. The themes aren't compatible with the latest version, that's all. They're not an essential part. Good luck in your future career, tell your future employers to stop updating their software.

Not everything needs to be updated.
In this case I see no reason to update if there aren't any security issues.

This has nothing to do with my degree or my career. That was a dumb analogy. We're discussing this specific case. I didn't say stop updating everything everywhere. In other situations updates may be needed, but I see no reason to do it here.

Not everything needs to be updated.
In this case I see no reason to update if there aren't any security issues.

This has nothing to do with my degree or my career. That was a dumb analogy. We're discussing this specific case. I didn't say stop updating everything everywhere. In other situations updates may be needed, but I see no reason to do it here.
Improvements? Fixes? New features? And they are supposed to ignore all of these because some style won't work anymore? C'mon...

The person / team who dedicates the time to upload the Dark theme should then be given access to your forum changelog then, right?
What do you mean by "changelog" exactly?

Perhaps the test board too?
That can be arranged.

Anyone currently working on this or you guys are looking for someone? I could personally do this, even if I'm able to spend 30min per day tops.
Nobody is working on one currently. For me, the Shades of... are currently sufficient but they can also be a good base to start customization from.

But I would need some kind of testing environment, some kind of access to test board, so I'm sure it's going to work on main OTLand layout.
What I always recommend is a free XenForo demo straight from XenForo. It allows for developing a style and is easy to set up.

The issue of updating it still remains. Someone who builds a dark theme should be able to stay on top of XenForo releases and test/integrate it with coming releases, that's quite a bit of work.

Back