• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dat/Spr files signatures are incorrect.

Arkemis

Reaction score
TFS version 1.3 (Nekiro's 8.60 downgrade)
Client 8.6
RME 3.7

When I tried to open my .otbm file it asked for the spr/dat files for 8.6 client, so i directed it to my tibia folder that contains them but it wouldn't recognize them. So I downloaded a fresh 8.6 client and it recognized them, but gave this error.

22:13:58: Signatures are incorrect.
Metadata signature: 4C28B721
Sprites signature: 4C220594

Then the display is just blank.

I did a search and found the question going unanswered in several places. So either its a valid issue to be stuck with, or its so obvious a solution, I will be ignored. Hoping for the former. Admittedly I dont know what these files do, and I would like to learn. I don't yet know how far one is expected to swim solo before getting help from this community in just understanding some basic concepts, but I'd appreciate some guidance whenever.

Solution
Which map are you trying to open? I've just downloaded Nekiro's 8.60 downgrade through this link
and downloaded Tibia 8.60 client through this link
and I opened the map inside data/world without any issues.
If you've downloaded the client from a different link can you try with this one?
Which map are you trying to open? I've just downloaded Nekiro's 8.60 downgrade through this link
If you've downloaded the client from a different link can you try with this one?

Solution
That worked, thanks a lot!

Must have been my client.
I got my client from.
Could I borrow a little more of your time and ask what these files are? So I can better understand why one set wouldnt work.

I'm not entirely certain now that it wasn't working in the first place after zooming out and changing floors a bit. My bad. Thats embarrassing.

SPR holds the sprites files of client version such as items/look types/mounts/effects.
DAT holds the information for the sprites not sure what kind but I think size/colors (Someone correct me if I am wrong).
Tibia has DAT/SPR only up to 10.99 client and each of them has a unique signature, I might be mistaken I rarely use DAT/SPR just when I am editing few items or adding new ones otherwise I only use the client's official ones.
You might get better explanation from someone else soon.

That helps immensely in understanding the organization of all the pieces that make this all work. Thank you. Im eager to get familiar with all of this and start contributing instead of being contributed too. Much obliged.

Last edited:
That worked, thanks a lot!

Must have been my client.
I got my client from.
Could I borrow a little more of your time and ask what these files are? So I can better understand why one set wouldnt work.

I'm not entirely certain now that it wasn't working in the first place after zooming out and changing floors a bit. My bad. Thats embarrassing.
do you have this files? link is broken..
i've downloaded tibia 8.6 raw files from here (otland static link) but it doesn't work to open the forgotten map, idk why...

@M0ustafa ?

sorry for bothering :x

--> This one works.. Ty.

Back